AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is my problem with this. Paighton supposedly left Tin Roof at 10:45. The house where she was killed looked to be about 20 minutes away. Her text that she was in trouble came at about 12:15 as I recall. So, assuming these times are reasonably accurate, she would have been at the house shortly after 11:00. An hour and 15 minutes later she is freely texting and sounding fully lucid. Nobody goes to a "crack house" and shoots the breeze for more than an hour. If she did overdose, I would say that it would have happened shortly after she got to that residence, just after 11:00. And, if she overdosed, why would she send a text that she was in trouble? You suggest that she left willingly to do drugs and overdosed. The text message simply doesn't fit in to that scenario.
It doesn’t seem likely she overdosed on her first speedball. She probably smoked some weed, drank a little, and then the harder stuff started. Bottom line here is she died from a speedball OD, and pretty sure you have to inject that... so she wasn’t forced or slipped anything. She did this willingly.

Here is my problem with this. Paighton supposedly left Tin Roof at 10:45. The house where she was killed looked to be about 20 minutes away. Her text that she was in trouble came at about 12:15 as I recall. So, assuming these times are reasonably accurate, she would have been at the house shortly after 11:00. An hour and 15 minutes later she is freely texting and sounding fully lucid. Nobody goes to a "crack house" and shoots the breeze for more than an hour. If she did overdose, I would say that it would have happened shortly after she got to that residence, just after 11:00. And, if she overdosed, why would she send a text that she was in trouble? You suggest that she left willingly to do drugs and overdosed. The text message simply doesn't fit in to that scenario.

The more I think about it, the less things line up. Clearly, she died from what the ME is calling an accidental OD. LE also previously stated they have evidence that she died in that house on McClain. In attempting to put a timeline on that evening, from the time she left the bar until she OD'd at that house, that text she supposedly sent 90 minutes after she left the bar sort of throws a monkey wrench into things. What the heck was she doing for those 90 minutes anyway?

Just thinking out loud. moo & all that.

A speedball OD is pretty typical, yes. The evidence all lines up as far as I can tell. What is still missing in the narrative? I think some just don’t want to accept that the pretty and sweet white girl who conquered heroin fell so far back down the ladder and that it killed her. There was an assumption that FH had to have raped and killed PH, but that doesn’t appear to have been the case.

Well, in all fairness, it would appear that the character traits of ALL involved helped ignite the multitude of conspiracy theories surrounding PH disappearance and death. I don’t know how many LAWS were broken (if any), but in my opinion, many involved are guilty of lacking morality and human decency.

The more I think about it, the less things line up. Clearly, she died from what the ME is calling an accidental OD. LE also previously stated they have evidence that she died in that house on McClain. In attempting to put a timeline on that evening, from the time she left the bar until she OD'd at that house, that text she supposedly sent 90 minutes after she left the bar sort of throws a monkey wrench into things. What the heck was she doing for those 90 minutes anyway?

Just thinking out loud. moo & all that.
Partying with these dudes, IMO. Smoking weed and drinking before they brought out the hard stuff. I don’t see that as being hard to believe.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to say a fully sober PH walked into the McClain house, immediately shot up, and then promptly died. She clearly partied with these guys for some time. It also takes some time for drugs to take effect and she clearly stacked too many doses here. IMO

Partying with these dudes, IMO. Smoking weed and drinking before they brought out the hard stuff. I don’t see that as being hard to believe.
I guess it's hard to believe because based on all I've read about her, it seems rather out of her character to be alone, partying with complete strangers (assuming they were, that is). I know drug addicts tend to do things that shock even those closest to them, but PH was clean and seemed determined to stay that way. Something just seems to be missing.

Seeing as it doesn't appear that PH was sober that long, relapse was not out of the question although she had been doing so well. (MOO) Unfortunately, there is still a shady element to this case. I'm curious if more charges will be forthcoming.

I guess it's hard to believe because based on all I've read about her, it seems rather out of her character to be alone, partying with complete strangers (assuming they were, that is). I know drug addicts tend to do things that shock even those closest to them, but PH was clean and seemed determined to stay that way. Something just seems to be missing.
I haven't read the social media stuff, but is that where people are talking about her being clean, sober, and full of life? I obviously don't know this woman, but I wouldn't expect her friends and family to publicly talk about her demons much at all out of respect for her memory. It's possible she was not as recovered and optimistic about the future as is being described. I don't believe she was sitting in the bar and then suddenly decided "I will relapse today!" She had been backsliding for a while, IMO.

As I suspected, it was not all that complicated. At least her family can now have some closure.
I don't assume FH will be punished to the extent most would like to see. As for the drugs that were taken, commonly referred to as a speedball, not always consisting of these exact two drugs but often meth and a downer or coke and a downer, were most likely injected. I can see someone sending a text like that maybe having taken too much of something or maybe just the paranoia from the drugs setting in. I don't believe this was a relapse. I believe most likely she was portraying one thing to her family and anther in her private life. This is common among addicts, or even recreational users. I feel deeply for her family. If anything positive can come of this, I would say for me it would be to be supportive of those you love who suffer from addiction, but be TOUGH. Learn that the best thing you can do for them is realize that even if they want help, their internal demon, will lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want.

There may have been stops along the way....

Regarding the “feel in trouble” portion of the text - MOO, I believe that the chances that a rape occurred are extremely high.
If so, the combination of the drugs taken and the adrenaline of being the victim of an assault at the same time could very well contributed to the fatality of the overdose.
As stated elsewhere in this thread - “Tigers don’t change their stripes”

All moo and conjecture

Edited for grammar

Last edited:
Unless she was hiding her relapse from her friends, some of them must have suspected, and shame on them for letting her waltz out the door with these two dudes. It's no wonder the friend lawyered-up, actually. There may be a concern that she was an enabler or knew something was up, making her negligent and culpable in some fashion. Maybe nothing criminal, but mom could pursue a civil suit.

I haven't read the social media stuff, but is that where people are talking about her being clean, sober, and full of life? I obviously don't know this woman, but I wouldn't expect her friends and family to publicly talk about her demons much at all out of respect for her memory. It's possible she was not as recovered and optimistic about the future as is being described. I don't believe she was sitting in the bar and then suddenly decided "I will relapse today!" She had been backsliding for a while, IMO.
I wasn't referring to SM stuff, just what I've read about her in MSM articles. I know it's possible she willingly ingested drugs that night. It's possible she left the bar with complete strangers, or it's possible she actually did know FH from previous transactions, OR, someone she was with, knew him, and she left with him on that sort of friend of a friend endorsement. Lots of things are possible, they just don;t always make sense.

Out there may have been stops along the way....

Regarding the “feel in trouble” portion of the text - MOO, I believe that the chances that a rape occurred are extremely high.
If so, the combination of the drugs taken and the adrenaline of being the victim of an assault at the same time could very well contributed to the fatality of the overdose.
As stated elsewhere in this thread - “Tigers don’t change their stripes”

All moo and conjecture
It seems reasonable FH intended to inebriate and then rape her, but she died before that could happen. We don't have evidence of rape from her autopsy, however.

Just IMO, the police charging FH only with abuse of a corpse and releasing the toxicology report stating PH died of a drug overdose tells me the DA doesn’t plan to charge anyone else here with a crime.
Really? Sorry to ask a newby question, but why would that be? Might they have held on releasing COD if there was a potential homicide charge?

Just IMO, the police charging FH only with abuse of a corpse and releasing the toxicology report stating PH died of a drug overdose tells me the DA doesn’t plan to charge anyone else here with a crime.
Ya, but that never happened.

It seems reasonable FH intended to inebriate and then rape her, but she died before that could happen. We don't have evidence of rape from her autopsy, however.

From the autopsy, we only have the fact that no physical trauma caused her death. I'm sure there is more than that, even if it is mundane. So we wait

It doesn’t seem likely she overdosed on her first speedball. She probably smoked some weed, drank a little, and then the harder stuff started. Bottom line here is she died from a speedball OD, and pretty sure you have to inject that... so she wasn’t forced or slipped anything. She did this willingly.
Let me get this straight, she's sitting in this house smoking weed, having drinks, preparing a mixture of heroin and cocaine, and she suddenly decides to text that she was in trouble and didn't know he people she was with? Come on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back