AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The last one is interesting. I have wondered if an informant is involved in this case.

Would failure to report his address and leaving across state lines as a convicted sex offender also be considered a federal charge?
The term investigation intrigued me. I know some other federal offenses can be gun violations, *advertiser censored*, drug trafficking, human trafficking.....I guess time will tell.

From my understanding he only faces up to 10yrs for the abuse of a corpse charge. Any additional charges/time are a ok by me....and hopefully no bond (everyone seems to get bond in my state and at ridiculously low amounts), which would be absurd since he ran before even being charged.

Last edited:
The term investigation intrigued me. I know some other federal offenses can be gun violations, *advertiser censored*, drug trafficking, human trafficking.....I guess time will tell.

From my understanding he only faces up to 10yrs for the abuse of a corpse charge. Any additional charges/time are a ok by me....and hopefully no bond (everyone seems to get bond in my state and at ridiculously low amounts), which would be absurd since he ran before even being charged.
I'm still occasionally astonished by the people who get out on bail, but I'd venture to say between his already fleeing to another state, his prior criminal record, and the high-profile nature of the case, bail is unlikely in his case. Seems like a pretty easy argument that he's a known flight risk. But I could be wrong.

I'm still occasionally astonished by the people who get out on bail, but I'd venture to say between his already fleeing to another state, his prior criminal record, and the high-profile nature of the case, bail is unlikely in his case. Seems like a pretty easy argument that he's a known flight risk. But I could be wrong.
No I can not see it happening maybe and a big maybe if he had not run but doubtful given the interest in this case.

Also there was a recent Alabama case involving brothers "the Brown brothers" which I looked up as there was internet speculation they could have been the ones that took PH. It seems they were released on bond and while out committed a murder.

Last edited:
"Authorities say he will remain in custody in Ohio until he can be extradited back to Alabama. The Marshal’s Service says Hampton is also under investigation for possible federal violations"

Another possible federal charge could be kidnapping.

"Such examples may include situations where the purpose of the kidnapping is to silence a witness, kidnapping for sexual gratification, or other illegitimate purpose."
http://www.bradfordladner.net/federal-crimes-federal-kidnapping-charges/

BBM
Any ideas? What is the "investigation" for "possible" federal violations? We know he was a runner that crossed state lines no need to investigate that (not even sure if that is federal).

ETA: Quickly looked up and found. Interesting wonder what the violation is.

Often, if you can be charged at the federal level, you will. That is because federal penalties are typically harsher than state sentences. Prosecutors will often pursue the harshest charges and penalties possible.

Some of the common reasons to be charged at the federal level include:
  • The alleged criminal conduct crossed state lines, either physically or over the internet.
  • The alleged criminal conduct crossed the U.S. border.
  • The alleged criminal conduct violates a federal statute.
  • The alleged criminal conduct occurred on federal property.
  • The alleged perpetrator or victim is a federal employee or agency.
  • A federal agency discovered and investigated the alleged criminal conduct, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), or Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
  • The alleged criminal conduct was discovered through an informant.
Birmingham, AL Federal Lawyers | Alabama Criminal Lawyers, LLC
A fugitive (felony warrant outstanding) that crosses state lines is nearly always investigated for federal violations. Nothing unusual in this report - and no guarantee that federal charges against FH are pending.

I see a mother who doesn't give a darn what people think of her speaking out as a victim or her daughter, who is the only dead victim, well, only one, that we know of so far, to this day, imo. Why? Because Paighton is the victim and those who know Paighton, had nothing, but great things to remember and share about Paighton's character, even with the drug use dependencies surrounding her. I see a loving mother who will fight for justice and has the right to a bs free account, regarding the death of her daughter, no matter who feels they are special or entitled, that they do not have to tell the absolute truth, if this is the case. Hopefully, FH, is alive, to close this case with himself, and others charged as well, if crimes were committed, by more than one suspect, in this case.
Very well said. And thankfully he is alive and now captured and her family is now one step closer to justice.

Garfield Heights, OH, population approx 29,000, inside a residence that had to be breached.

Someone is talking! Thank you to whoever tipped of LE on where this guy was hiding.
Not sure anyone is talking. Hampton's daughter is from Ohio, he has other family there as well. In most cases fugitives are fairly easy to track down. They generally have no access to bank accounts, cannot work. Even if they have many friends, most are not willing to take in and support someone for the long term. Eventually the fugitive will have to seek shelter with a family member.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back