AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I posted the reason for the violation upthread but there has been no discussion. It piqued my interest as well.

I thought the violation would be for "being on the run" or not listing his correct home address as his listed address clearly is not on McClain (assumption on my part that is where he lived) BUT this was stated at presser:

The deputy chief said Hampton was in compliance with his requirements as a sex offender prior to Houston’s disappearance and subsequent death

“After this offense, he did commit an offense which violated the Sex Offender Notification Act,” Agee said​
Agee did not specify what that violation was.​

So IF employed he stopped showing up to work the 20th.

So my big question is: Were they mistaken when they said that? They brought him in on the 28th so it would seem that would be the easiest reason to bring him in and hold him but they brought him in for the much bigger charge. Not knowing the non-compliance rules maybe there is a certain amount of leeway? What jobs can an SO have? I know it is hard for any felon to get one. I might be confusing myself or making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

ETA: link to quote above
Paighton Houston case: Registered sex offender sought for burying missing woman in shallow grave

Maybe he stopped showing up to work after he was released following the kidnapping hold? That would explain why they couldn't have kept him/ brought him in on the violation charge yet.

I posted the reason for the violation upthread but there has been no discussion. It piqued my interest as well.

I thought the violation would be for "being on the run" or not listing his correct home address as his listed address clearly is not on McClain (assumption on my part that is where he lived) BUT this was stated at presser:

The deputy chief said Hampton was in compliance with his requirements as a sex offender prior to Houston’s disappearance and subsequent death

“After this offense, he did commit an offense which violated the Sex Offender Notification Act,” Agee said​
Agee did not specify what that violation was.​

So IF employed he stopped showing up to work the 20th.

So my big question is: Were they mistaken when they said that? They brought him in on the 28th so it would seem that would be the easiest reason to bring him in and hold him but they brought him in for the much bigger charge. Not knowing the non-compliance rules maybe there is a certain amount of leeway? What jobs can an SO have? I know it is hard for any felon to get one. I might be confusing myself or making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

ETA: link to quote above
Paighton Houston case: Registered sex offender sought for burying missing woman in shallow grave

I missed your post on this, so thanks for letting me know.

I suspect it's quite possible he was still "officially employed" until he was released after the 48 hour hold (he didn't have any reason to think the cops were on to him before that), and that's when he bailed from his employment so that he could disappear. If I were a local journalist I'd be digging deep to find out where he worked and when was there last.

I missed your post on this, so thanks for letting me know.

I suspect it's quite possible he was still "officially employed" until he was released after the 48 hour hold (he didn't have any reason to think the cops were on to him before that), and that's when he bailed from his employment so that he could disappear. If I were a local journalist I'd be digging deep to find out where he worked and when was there last.
or could it be it is what alerted them/confirmed LE suspicions he was involved he called in sick the days after PH's disappearance after all he did have a body to bury

if he did have a job his employer knowing he was an SO might have been a tipster

or he never ever had a job to begin with and someone was lying that he was working for them

In Houston I am sure if you did charge someone with that violation if they had $100 bucks they would be out by dinner time

I think I am clinging onto any topic at this point:);)

Maybe he stopped showing up to work after he was released following the kidnapping hold? That would explain why they couldn't have kept him/ brought him in on the violation charge yet.
Yes your are right, it could be many things.....I guess what stands out to me (even if the charges did not stick) LE seemed pretty confident early on about charging with kidnapping maybe that even gives more wiggle room for a longer hold on someone.....I wish something new would come out

I thought perhaps the offense was that he moved and didn't let authorities know his new address.

I've suspected (right or wrong) that perhaps the reason no one wants to talk is because someone involved is on probation and afraid of being sent back to prison. IIRC, FH is no longer on probation.
I agree. We are dealing with a real seedy element here. I am sure there are multiple criminals involved or NOT involved but live in the area of the crime, some that have reasons to not talk, some wanting deals and will talk but not give valid or valuable information. I am sure some are only known by false names and half the area seems to have the same last name. Complicated for sure....and most criminals do not talk to the police.

I agree. We are dealing with a real seedy element here. I am sure there are multiple criminals involved or NOT involved but live in the area of the crime, some that have reasons to not talk, some wanting deals and will talk but not give valid or valuable information. I am sure some are only known by false names and half the area seems to have the same last name. Complicated for sure....and most criminals do not talk to the police.
Agree! It is really interesting that an investigative journalist has not dug into his life a bit - place of employment, etc. though.

I don’t want to derail the thread or anything, but I am an addict. Opioids. I don’t talk about it much, but I was prescribed them for cancer treatment. I didn’t know at the time how addictive they were. My doctor told me that as long as I had pain, I wouldn’t get addicted. (Funny)! When they stopped prescribing them, I had to find another way to procure them. It’s not hard to find those on the “street”. It was bad, and then it got worse. I’ve been sober for 10 months now, but I still struggle every day. I’ll spare everyone the rock bottom that I hit, but I have experienced something that I haven’t seen mentioned on here. I’m pretty much blue collar, I have a really great job (good pay) and loving family. I was a functioning addict. But ... when I was using, sometimes I would owe my whole paycheck to my dealer. (He is an x-felon) I would owe him the WHOLE thing, because if I didn’t have the $ to pay at the moment, he would gladly front me whatever I needed. Believe me, when I was in withdrawals, I would do whatever it took to NOT be sick. . The thing is, if it ended up to where I had a bill due, and didn’t have the $ to pay him back all I owed him, he would come looking for me. Hunt me down. Come to my house, my job ... you got my money?? I mean those guys don’t play when it comes to what you owe them. I can see that scenario happening here. IMO. Perhaps PH owed him money. It was a Friday, and he came to meet her to collect. (Imo) Maybe she says, oh I have it but I’ve lost my bank card or (insert any excuse) and he says “no problem. But see, it IS a problem. He “fixes” it in his greedy mind. Takes whatever he feels he needs to, to settle a debt. I’ve been there so many times it’s pathetic. Now sober and looking back, I’m so proud of myself for what I’ve accomplished. I’ll also say this. I didn’t go to rehab. I was on my own. I’ve heard some say stay away from all that and leave it behind. My fact is that when I was finally able to say “no” to him when he would call and say “you need anything?”, it made me feel much more powerful in my recovery. It still does, and I rely on it every day that I’m sober. Oh, and opioids are sometimes known in the south as “hillbilly heroin”. All of this is of course, my experience and IMO only.

I don’t want to derail the thread or anything, but I am an addict. Opioids. I don’t talk about it much, but I was prescribed them for cancer treatment. I didn’t know at the time how addictive they were. My doctor told me that as long as I had pain, I wouldn’t get addicted. (Funny)! When they stopped prescribing them, I had to find another way to procure them. It’s not hard to find those on the “street”. It was bad, and then it got worse. I’ve been sober for 10 months now, but I still struggle every day. I’ll spare everyone the rock bottom that I hit, but I have experienced something that I haven’t seen mentioned on here. I’m pretty much blue collar, I have a really great job (good pay) and loving family. I was a functioning addict. But ... when I was using, sometimes I would owe my whole paycheck to my dealer. (He is an x-felon) I would owe him the WHOLE thing, because if I didn’t have the $ to pay at the moment, he would gladly front me whatever I needed. Believe me, when I was in withdrawals, I would do whatever it took to NOT be sick. . The thing is, if it ended up to where I had a bill due, and didn’t have the $ to pay him back all I owed him, he would come looking for me. Hunt me down. Come to my house, my job ... you got my money?? I mean those guys don’t play when it comes to what you owe them. I can see that scenario happening here. IMO. Perhaps PH owed him money. It was a Friday, and he came to meet her to collect. (Imo) Maybe she says, oh I have it but I’ve lost my bank card or (insert any excuse) and he says “no problem. But see, it IS a problem. He “fixes” it in his greedy mind. Takes whatever he feels he needs to, to settle a debt. I’ve been there so many times it’s pathetic. Now sober and looking back, I’m so proud of myself for what I’ve accomplished. I’ll also say this. I didn’t go to rehab. I was on my own. I’ve heard some say stay away from all that and leave it behind. My fact is that when I was finally able to say “no” to him when he would call and say “you need anything?”, it made me feel much more powerful in my recovery. It still does, and I rely on it every day that I’m sober. Oh, and opioids are sometimes known in the south as “hillbilly heroin”. All of this is of course, my experience and IMO only.
KayBe thank you for taking the time to share your story. I am so glad you overcame that and really gives me a better perspective of things. I can not even imagine dealing with Cancer and then having to overcome that as well. I hope you stay healthy and happy.

Thank you for sharing your story. You bring up another important aspect of living with addiction. We don't know if Paighton relapsed or owed any debts but it is something to consider.

Hopefully we get some new info soon from LE or any investigative journalist. Still a few more weeks before toxicology results, which also should offer more insight. This wait seems so long to us but I can imagine it is painfully slow for her beloved family.

(OT: My Dad is actively being weaned from Oxy due to his liver cancer being stable. The withdrawals are horrible and my brother and I are doing what we can to prevent him turning to the streets as he's also a former addict/alcoholic. Such a serious epidemic!)
I hope your cancer is stable/cured and bless you on your continued recovery journey!

Congratulations on your 10 months. Keep it up. I am very proud of you. Thank you for sharing your experience, strength and hope.

Something happened when PH and FH crossed paths that night and PH ended up dead and in a grave.

In my experience around here, LE is on top of this. They only tell us what they want us to know, not what they know. I’m sure they are avidly looking for FH since his disappearance. I’m positive there are detectives working this non stop and won’t quit until they have FH in hand and the results of the tox. I hope it’s soon. JMO

Thank you for sharing your story. You bring up another important aspect of living with addiction. We don't know if Paighton relapsed or owed any debts but it is something to consider.

Hopefully we get some new info soon from LE or any investigative journalist. Still a few more weeks before toxicology results, which also should offer more insight. This wait seems so long to us but I can imagine it is painfully slow for her beloved family.

(OT: My Dad is actively being weaned from Oxy due to his liver cancer being stable. The withdrawals are horrible and my brother and I are doing what we can to prevent him turning to the streets as he's also a former addict/alcoholic. Such a serious epidemic!)
I hope your cancer is stable/cured and bless you on your continued recovery journey!
I hope your Dad is ok. Is his doctor aware he is having withdrawals?
I had lung cancer surgery this past summer and was given Percocet. Lots of Percocet. I was told I would have pain up to a year. I was suppose to take it one every 4 hours. I took half the dosage every 6 hours. I did not want to become addicted. The pain subsided and I was doing great until the weather got cold, then I started experiencing shooting pain in my back where they broke a rib and had to put a plate and a couple of screws in. I saw my oncologist last Friday and he’s given me more Percocet but I haven’t been taking it. Addiction is real and it terrifies me. I’m too old to be meeting up with drug dealers or blowing my social security check in opioids. JMO

IMO
Nothing screams guilty like booking tail after being in jail before being questioned again. If he was in jail for suspicion for kidnapping then do you really think it’s going to be just abuse of a corpse he’s going to be charged with? I think if anything that will just be the “starting” charge and he will have more added especially after running. All imo and speculation of course

I hope your Dad is ok. Is his doctor aware he is having withdrawals?
I had lung cancer surgery this past summer and was given Percocet. Lots of Percocet. I was told I would have pain up to a year. I was suppose to take it one every 4 hours. I took half the dosage every 6 hours. I did not want to become addicted. The pain subsided and I was doing great until the weather got cold, then I started experiencing shooting pain in my back where they broke a rib and had to put a plate and a couple of screws in. I saw my oncologist last Friday and he’s given me more Percocet but I haven’t been taking it. Addiction is real and it terrifies me. I’m too old to be meeting up with drug dealers or blowing my social security check in opioids. JMO

@Seajay I sincerely hope you are doing well after your surgery. I think all us sluthers are glad to have you around. My ex mother in law passed years ago from lung cancer. Unfortunately her son was stealing her percs and THC pills and taking and selling them behind her back to get heroin. Addiction is very real and very scary.
I’m sad for PH, she seemed to have such a loving supportive family and support system, whatever caused her death didn’t mean she needed to be disposed of like that, she was a human being not garbage. I really hope that her and her family get justice. I admire her mothers strength.

That is commonly done during investigation by LE. Unless FH did it which I kind of doubt because it looked like he didn’t have access to some (lost passwords etc)

as always imo
Yeah, usually after a suspect has been arrested though. He did have one with the name of Fred Smith but I was unable to locate that one as well.

Yeah, usually after a suspect has been arrested though. He did have one with the name of Fred Smith but I was unable to locate that one as well.

maybe all the IP addresses were matching/connecting up. It’s really bizarre. I’m wondering if they (LE) did it to find out where he is though by tracing the IP. I have a computer tech in the family and he was saying that it’s common for LE to do that especially if they are trying to track down who ever. It’s known to be done even during death investigations, where the person has passed and LE shut down their pages to get a closer glance at things.

at this point FH could be anywhere, he has had time to travel anywhere.
Time yes, but resources? Highly doubtful. Also highly doubtful many of his friends/family would fork over the finances to help him out.
I don't think he's that far from home. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find out he's deceased. Either by his own doing as he considered the idea of going back to prison, or by someone else who wanted to make sure he kept his mouth shut.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier
Back