AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Authorities already have preliminary toxicology results for PH. We already know that the examiner was able to determine (from her buried body) that there was no physical trauma to the body. Being buried for two weeks is not likely going to prevent crucial findings to her cause of death.
MOO

I think we need to be careful to use the words that deputy chief Agee used when he said "no physical trauma to the body of the victim would have led to her death". He never said there wasn't any physical trauma to her body, just nothing that would have led to her death. I know that sounds like splitting hairs but we both know LE is really good at Word Salad, as it were. Of course it's possible they found no physical trauma at all, I just think we need to remember what hasn't been said, as well as what has been said. Just thinking out loud.

moo

Care to share a link or cite your source for that? TIA
As soon as I can locate it, I will link it!

eta: I looked and can't seem to find the link right now. So, for argument sake, I'm just going to delete reference to that post until I find the reference.

I tried to go back and edit that post and am outside of the window of my edit. In any case, I did use the terminology of "I believe" and not "I know for a fact." ;)

Last edited:
I disagree.

The arrest and charging document against a suspect will reveal the probable cause and evidence of the homicide years before the defendant steps foot in a courtroom for jury selection!

MOO
Except in the much similar case of Savannah Spurlock, her accused was initially only charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence but 1 month later he was handed a grand jury murder indictment. Her cause of death as well as any evidence of the homicide has yet to be released.
I really don’t know all the legal Mumbo jumbo and I know everything differs state to state but I feel like sometimes we really don’t know get a whole lot till trial. Moo

I will admit that, at first, I thought that PH relapsed and accidentally OD'ed. However, after giving it a lot of thought and doing some research, I agree with you. I don't think that PH knowingly did drugs that fateful night.
I am now speculating that some of PH's coworkers were still doing drugs and associating with the drug dealers. Because PH was clean (for two years, I believe) and refused to relapse, they were paranoid that she would turn them in or turn in the dealers to police.
Maybe, that's why they set her up. They thought that this would be the perfect murder type of situation where it will look like she relapsed and died from an OD.
I think that PH went out that night to keep an eye out on her younger coworkers/friends, sort of as a mother hen watching over her chicks. If it were not a setup, I don't believe her coworkers would have any interest in hanging out with an older, straight person.
Birds of a feather flock together. PH was no longer one of those birds.
JMO.
I think that this is a very likely what occurred. Yet, we have no new named suspects.
I am concerned that FH might be the only other person who could verify the co-workers' involvement.

Coroner was to take 4 to 6 weeks from January 3 for final disposition. We will have to wait, I suppose.

Paighton Houston: Tips sought as search continues for suspect who buried woman in backyard. DA confirms details on bar sighting
“Authorities are still waiting on results to determine the cause and manner of Paighton’s death. Washington said that Houston’s body had already started to decompose by the time authorities found her.”
I hadn’t seen this article. Figured I’d share. Sorry if it’s already been posted.
Edited to add more interesting things I found in the article
““We have different stories as to what took place at the point of her becoming missing, but in terms of other connections prior to that we don’t have the information.”
For those people that were there at Tin Roof, more specifically in this case the people that [Paighton] went there with, you just speak with those people that are present and that can give you insight as to what was going on…Right now, we have witnesses that saw her leave with someone and we know that she went with someone.”

Last edited:
I disagree.

The arrest and charging document against a suspect will reveal the probable cause and evidence of the homicide years before the defendant steps foot in a courtroom for jury selection!

MOO

I wish that was true. In the Savannah Spurlock case we still don't have a clue what happened & if the defendant pleads we may never know. jmo

I have no idea how decomposed PH was at the point of discovery or if they can tell if the death was accidental or intentional. I just hope that a hair follicle test is also performed. That will tell if she has been doing drugs for a while.

She was buried for a reason, and it wasn't because she accidentally overdosed. I would think that the people involved would not want her tied to that house in any way, shape or form. Why wouldn't they just dump her body? Why take the time to bury it at the home of a relative? I believe that FH was listed as a renter on that house.
BBM
Did you confirm that info or is it just a theory?

Except in the much similar case of Savannah Spurlock, her accused was initially only charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence but 1 month later he was handed a grand jury murder indictment. Her cause of death as well as any evidence of the homicide has yet to be released.
I really don’t know all the legal Mumbo jumbo and I know everything differs state to state but I feel like sometimes we really don’t know get a whole lot till trial. Moo

I don't think you can compare the two cases -- SS was missing for months whereas PH was missing for days. In the case of SS -- investigators still cannot readily determine what happened to her after finding her near skeletal remains folded in half. Investigators have however provided the public with the circumstantial evidence available. MOO

MOO

I've learned to look toward the family for clues. The family was very vocal early on. They have become quiet imo. I think they have their answers. jmo
Except we can't really discuss that here since it's all on SM. :cool:

I've learned to look toward the family for clues. The family was very vocal early on. They have become quiet imo. I think they have their answers. jmo
Exactly. Thank you.

I think we need to be careful to use the words that deputy chief Agee used when he said "no physical trauma to the body of the victim would have led to her death". He never said there wasn't any physical trauma to her body, just nothing that would have led to her death. I know that sounds like splitting hairs but we both know LE is really good at Word Salad, as it were. Of course it's possible they found no physical trauma at all, I just think we need to remember what hasn't been said, as well as what has been said. Just thinking out loud.

moo

I agree and sorry my post was not clear when I said the examiner (i.e., Medical Examiner) made the findings. I was attempting to make the point that that medical examiner already has a preliminary autopsy and partial toxicology and no indication he will not be able to determine her cause of death. I expect this announcement fairly soon upon final toxicology results -- including whether or not there was any physical trauma.

I agree and sorry my post was not clear when I said the examiner (i.e., Medical Examiner) made the findings. I was attempting to make the point that that medical examiner already has a preliminary autopsy and partial toxicology and no indication he will not be able to determine her cause of death. I expect this announcement fairly soon upon final toxicology results -- including whether or not there was any physical trauma.
I wasn't aware we had partial autopsy and partial toxicology reports. Please do clue us in on weblinks...

Members have never been preventing from discussing whatever social media content they want in convo with up to 20 others that want to do the same.
Really? I didn’t know that. Thanks for the insight! Can you explain how we do that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez
Back