AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did you listen to the presser? It's there and MSM news reports following the presser.

I was having problems hearing the reporter's questions at times but will go back and listen again. TY :)

I've searched high and low to no avail for confirmation FH was held on kidnapping charges for 48 hours relating to Paighton. I never heard it from LE and obviously missed it in MSM.

TIA

not going to be too much help, but I did see him in jail while looking at the inmate search back then. Clueless how to bring that up from those dates again. I've looked, only current inmates

Borrowed from another missing woman page but IMO applicable and worth sharing:

The Girl Code 1 - 6

upload_2020-1-13_11-44-53-jpeg.225584
While I think this is all very important, hindsight is always 20/20. I've been left at bars and left others at bars (usually when someone was hitting it off with someone, or we planned to reconnect a bit later and wanted to be at diff bars, bc someone wanted to leave before someone else, argument, etc). I'm so thankful no one ever turned up in grave danger.
I think it is so important to look out for each other but not take on responsibility for tragedy. MOO

Welcome to WS @Blueoracle23. I looked at the Death Certificate attached and the year the victim located was 1982 and not 1989. Nonetheless, I don't see any person by that name reported missing/located/cold cases on WS. The only "Drakes" I found were as follows:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/45178845/?q=drake&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=437

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/45180573/?q=drake&o=date&c[node]=37
Oops you are correct! Thank you. I suppose I will keep looking.

not going to be too much help, but I did see him in jail while looking at the inmate search back then. Clueless how to bring that up from those dates again. I've looked, only current inmates

TY and I know a lot of people were checking. :)

Other than the first article stating what FH was held on LE has never publicly said it was related to Paighton's case. MSM takes many liberties with what they say and it's always bothered me on this case. I really thought maybe I'd missed the confirmation but I hadn't.

MOO

While I think this is all very important, hindsight is always 20/20. I've been left at bars and left others at bars (usually when someone was hitting it off with someone, or we planned to reconnect a bit later and wanted to be at diff bars, bc someone wanted to leave before someone else, argument, etc). I'm so thankful no one ever turned up in grave danger.
I think it is so important to look out for each other but not take on responsibility for tragedy. MOO

I don't think anybody is advocating that women take on any responsibility for tragedy of others.

While I've also been fortunate to share in your experience, I do view young women especially more at risk today than I ever experienced. Therefore I also promote a mutual code among friends.

MOO

TY and I know a lot of people were checking. :)

Other than the first article stating what FH was held on LE has never publicly said it was related to Paighton's case. MSM takes many liberties with what they say and it's always bothered me on this case. I really thought maybe I'd missed the confirmation but I hadn't.

MOO

Really? My experience is that police do not hesitate to state a suspect was being held on an unrelated matter. MOO

Last edited:
I don’t want to derail the thread or anything, but I am an addict. Opioids. I don’t talk about it much, but I was prescribed them for cancer treatment. I didn’t know at the time how addictive they were. My doctor told me that as long as I had pain, I wouldn’t get addicted. (Funny)! When they stopped prescribing them, I had to find another way to procure them. It’s not hard to find those on the “street”. It was bad, and then it got worse. I’ve been sober for 10 months now, but I still struggle every day. I’ll spare everyone the rock bottom that I hit, but I have experienced something that I haven’t seen mentioned on here. I’m pretty much blue collar, I have a really great job (good pay) and loving family. I was a functioning addict. But ... when I was using, sometimes I would owe my whole paycheck to my dealer. (He is an x-felon) I would owe him the WHOLE thing, because if I didn’t have the $ to pay at the moment, he would gladly front me whatever I needed. Believe me, when I was in withdrawals, I would do whatever it took to NOT be sick. . The thing is, if it ended up to where I had a bill due, and didn’t have the $ to pay him back all I owed him, he would come looking for me. Hunt me down. Come to my house, my job ... you got my money?? I mean those guys don’t play when it comes to what you owe them. I can see that scenario happening here. IMO. Perhaps PH owed him money. It was a Friday, and he came to meet her to collect. (Imo) Maybe she says, oh I have it but I’ve lost my bank card or (insert any excuse) and he says “no problem. But see, it IS a problem. He “fixes” it in his greedy mind. Takes whatever he feels he needs to, to settle a debt. I’ve been there so many times it’s pathetic. Now sober and looking back, I’m so proud of myself for what I’ve accomplished. I’ll also say this. I didn’t go to rehab. I was on my own. I’ve heard some say stay away from all that and leave it behind. My fact is that when I was finally able to say “no” to him when he would call and say “you need anything?”, it made me feel much more powerful in my recovery. It still does, and I rely on it every day that I’m sober. Oh, and opioids are sometimes known in the south as “hillbilly heroin”. All of this is of course, my experience and IMO only.

imo, this is not the definition of functional drug user or recreational user. spending the entirety of your paycheck, neglecting bill payments, and on top of that having drug dealers, searching u down for non payments by threatening harm being enacted if u do not pay up, imo, is not functional behavior or decision making. if, you did not have dealers willing to lease out drugs, then what?

in my youth, non crap, top of the line, coke, with less fillers, only cut with top of the line additives, was my groups choice, and there was no way, even the dealers, being non runners, middle man, between the main man, a cartel associate, that were close friends, the middle men, that is, would laugh hysterically, if someone were to ask for an advance, with pay promised later. the product was bagged & measured to precise precision in front of? us, as was protocol, and was expected on both sides. so was full payment.

that is my experience. I am glad u came out unharmed for non payments.

imo, this is not the definition of functional drug user or recreational user. spending the entirety of your paycheck, neglecting bill payments, and on top of that having drug dealers, searching u down for non payments by threatening harm being enacted if u do not pay up, imo, is not functional behavior or decision making. if, you did not have dealers willing to lease out drugs, then what?

in my youth, non crap, top of the line, coke, with less fillers, only cut with top of the line additives, was my groups choice, and there was no way, even the dealers, being non runners, middle man, between the main man, a cartel associate, that were close friends, the middle men, that is, would laugh hysterically, if someone were to ask for an advance, with pay promised later. the product was bagged & measured to precise precision in front of? us, as was protocol, and was expected on both sides. so was full payment.

that is my experience. I am glad u came out unharmed for non payments.

well alrighty then.

Respectfully that was not my original question nor posts.

A direct quote:

"I've searched high and low to no avail for confirmation FH was held on kidnapping charges for 48 hours relating to Paighton. I never heard it from LE and obviously missed it in MSM. TIA"

Were you not seeking to confirm that FH 48-extended kidnapping hold was related to PH investigation? If not, let me delete my posts and the links provided in response.

Last edited:
I quote:

"I've searched high and low to no avail for confirmation FH was held on kidnapping charges for 48 hours relating to Paighton. I never heard it from LE and obviously missed it in MSM. TIA"

Were you not seeking to confirm that FH 48-extended kidnapping hold was related to PH investigation? If not, let me delete my posts and the links provided in response.

Have they ever specified that the hold for suspicion of kidnapping was for the suspicion of specifically kidnapping Paighton? Could it have been on suspicion of kidnapping a different individual?

Though a highly unlikely scenario, I don’t recall that it was ever confirmed whom FH was suspected of kidnapping pertaining to the 48 hour hold.

Have they ever specified that the hold for suspicion of kidnapping was for the suspicion of specifically kidnapping Paighton? Could it have been on suspicion of kidnapping a different individual?

Though a highly unlikely scenario, I don’t recall that it was ever confirmed whom FH was suspected of kidnapping pertaining to the 48 hour hold.
IMO If he had been held under suspicion of kidnapping someone besides PH, that would have been mentioned when the warrant was put out on him for abuse of PH's corpse and would have been used to further signify that he was an immediate danger to the community to have been suspected/implicated in 2 separate disappearances in a matter of 1 week.

IMO If he had been held under suspicion of kidnapping someone besides PH, that would have been mentioned when the warrant was put out on him for abuse of PH's corpse and would have been used to further signify that he was an immediate danger to the community to have been suspected/implicated in 2 separate disappearances in a matter of 1 week.

I’ll be the first to agree that it’s very unlikely. Yet I don’t believe it was ever confirmed.

yet, u speculate often, and act as a mind reader and make unsubstantiated claims of how paighton's family thinks and innuendos that they are irrational and are acting out of line, yet, go on to place complete blind faith on witnesses u know nothing about or of their character. they could be nasty awful people on the inside.
Perhaps WS isn't the site for you. MOO

Without investigators stating at the presser held specifically for update on PH investigation that FH, their now suspect at large, was being held for suspicion of kidnapping on an unrelated matter and released, I find it reasonable to believe that the suspect at large was previously held in conjunction with PH's investigation. I'm not aware if there's legal evidence detailing FH's December arrest in County records or in MSM that will satisfy anybody in doubt. MOO

Last edited:
Perhaps WS isn't the site for you. MOO
How so, for my not liking unsubstantiated, non proven, claims about the victim's family, which seems as, imo, if it's Houston's little niche, making thinly veiled family and victim shaming, yet people completely unknown in character are some virtuous virgin Mary's or if male, Mr. Rodgers. I find it disrespectful. He knows nothing about 'how,' they, Paighton's family thinks. I will leave it at that.

@Seattle1 , @Zella

I agree with you both that logic dictates that the 48 hour hold was in regards to PH, but as @BOSCOE had mentioned, I couldn’t recall it ever being specifically stated.
Thank you all for the input and clarification. As always, it’s very appreciated.
No problem. :) And thanks for acknowledging how your understanding of the o/p inquiry was similar to my own.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back