Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the absence of information, information has a tendency to manufacture itself. Based on PH's text, there is no indication of WHO she is with, only that she doesn't know WHO she is with. Her text does not in any way indicate that the two heavy set men in the surveillance video went any farther with her than out of camera range. Her text does not even enable us to determine if she is with more than one person. She finishes with "I feel in trouble" but not "I feel in DANGER" and in fact gives no clue that she *doesn't* know where she is. I am seeing news articles out there making incorrect assumptions based on very little confirmed facts.

That's true, I was just saying that IF she wasn't sure as to where she was a call to 911 wouldn't work especially if she was in a moving vehicle since it's a moving target. She possibly sent the text so to be discreet also. A phone call is a big red flag of "hey I'm leaving bread crumbs" because where her phone pinged at that time, she is w/in 3 miles of a tower.

Wouldn't the fact that her debit card was found/left at the bar be a big clue or reason as to WHY her bank account hadn't been used?? Just a thought.
As for the cellphone....things that can make it go to voicemail....Dead battery, power off, phone destroyed (water damage, ran over etc) <--all things I have done to my phone on accident. and also, if the sim card has been removed from the phone, even if it's powered on, the calls will go to VM b/c the phones info is stored on that little chip. (I worked for Cingular before and during the merger with AT&T) IF the phone is a burner/pre-paid phone, if ya run outta money/time on the phone you get a message that the person is not accepting calls at that time.
I thought I would add that about burner/pre-paid phones so that you would know if you didn't already. I apologize if it's over informing.

This is the first I heard of her card being left. That puts me solidly on "drugged" track, but I admit she could have just been very very drunk. This should show on the video footage. You leave your card for a tab. You don't generally forget your card. She didn't expect to leave, IMO.

I don’t think she was drugged, but I do think that drugs, or the promise of them, factored in.

Leaving a bar with two people you don’t know, especially when you have a past history of substance abuse, seems like a probable scenario as I see it.

Her being drugged beforehand in order to facilitate that is possible, but probably less likely.

She wasn’t carried out, and was able to send a text message when she was with them. So whatever happened, I think occurred at their destination, or on the way to it.

I also am willing to bet IF she went willingly with these guys they had to have chatted or whatever at the bar for a while... the text she sent to her friends could have been really saying something like “hey I’m not sure who I’m with I doubt I’m in serious trouble but just in case” and she could have been sort of joking but also serious

I also am willing to bet IF she went willingly with these guys they had to have chatted or whatever at the bar for a while... the text she sent to her friends could have been really saying something like “hey I’m not sure who I’m with I doubt I’m in serious trouble but just in case” and she could have been sort of joking but also serious
She might not have been the the one that sent the text. IMO.

Who else would have sent it though? I mean, if you’re committing some sort of nefarious act, why would you send a text that tips people off about it? It doesn’t misdirect anything, so I don’t see what the purpose would be.

Wouldn't the fact that her debit card was found/left at the bar be a big clue or reason as to WHY her bank account hadn't been used?? Just a thought.
As for the cellphone....things that can make it go to voicemail....Dead battery, power off, phone destroyed (water damage, ran over etc) <--all things I have done to my phone on accident. and also, if the sim card has been removed from the phone, even if it's powered on, the calls will go to VM b/c the phones info is stored on that little chip. (I worked for Cingular before and during the merger with AT&T) IF the phone is a burner/pre-paid phone, if ya run outta money/time on the phone you get a message that the person is not accepting calls at that time.
I thought I would add that about burner/pre-paid phones so that you would know if you didn't already. I apologize if it's over informing.
Do you know where you saw this information (that her debit card was left at the bar)?

This is the first I heard of her card being left. That puts me solidly on "drugged" track, but I admit she could have just been very very drunk. This should show on the video footage. You leave your card for a tab. You don't generally forget your card. She didn't expect to leave, IMO.

I removed that part from the response as I was unable to find any verification on it. I think perhaps it was from facebook and I do not go onto it hardly anymore. I had seen someone else mention it and that was my error. I find where the family says her credit cards haven't been used either so that leads me to believe that she is carrying a purse. That was left out of the outfit description. Apparently LEO's don't believe a handbag or purse is part of an outfit. Once again My apologies

Last edited:
The Tin Roof is not in a small town, it is located in Birmingham in the Lakeview area. Trussville, which is northeast of Birmingham, is a small town and is located about 20 miles northeast of the Tin Roof, although I don't know the exact distance.
Compared to where I live, Birmingham IS a small town. Also my family lives in Birmingham. So, I know it well.

If that was to misdirect someone, how would they know who to text to even say that? I mean I guess you could find that out in regular conversation before anything takes place

Is anybody else of the mind set that there is no video surveillance of her leaving the bar?

Yep. Cameras behind the bar facing out are usually it in most bars I've been to. Of course, another poster will be right behind me with a different experience. I think there may be some type of footage from that area, but not showing them

The fact that her atm card has not beed used and that her cellphone has been inactive tells us one thing for sure. She no longer has those items in her posession.
I disagree. She could very well still have these items in her possession.
There have been many cases where people turn off their phones and do not use bankcards. Generally it's because they do not want to be found.

Who else would have sent it though? I mean, if you’re committing some sort of nefarious act, why would you send a text that tips people off about it? It doesn’t misdirect anything, so I don’t see what the purpose would be.

It could have been someone that she knew that sent the text that stated that she "didn't know who" she was with and "feels in trouble" if it wasn't her, someone she knows would know her style of texting. And like her Mom has said, "Someone knows something"
Am I mistaken that this was a work gathering that they were at? or was this just a few friends out for the night and PH's car was at a friends house? I know that was the one thing that gave it the SS (Savannah Spurlock) feel to it. The car at a friends house and fight with friend at bar and "leaving" or "seen on cctv" with individuals unknown to Missing person.
The fact that LEO's are taking a week to go through CCTV is a bit much. they are losing time. The first 48 are the most crucial and they have already blown through that and then some.

Yep. Cameras behind the bar facing out are usually it in most bars I've been to. Of course, another poster will be right behind me with a different experience. I think there may be some type of footage from that area, but not showing them
To be honest, I thought the same. I managed a bar for 5 years. Depending on the ownership, things can be neglected, but as you said, someone will dispute that. I'll believe it when I see it.

We don't even know if drugs were involved.
She could have walked out with the two large men but not left with them.
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of her going missing at the hands of someone she knew well.

After 8 days, I'm not convinced that the two men she was last seen on surveillance with know anything about her disappearance.

Hey Everyone

Please do not post random, non-approved YouTube videos. It creates havoc because these videos report rumors as fact and then the thread goes down in flames and then I lose what is left of my mind.
Tricia

Doesn’t really sound like she doesn’t want to be found. I understand there are always the random exceptions but based on family statements, she seems loved and this sort of disappearance would be abnormal for her. I suspect foul play, not necessarily connected to the two guys, but that’s where I would start. Probably related to drugs either voluntarily or slipped to her. Very possible accidental overdose but any illegal drug activity leaves the door open for much worse consequences.

If the police have seen the surveillance footage, and are now saying that they're out of leads and don't know anything about where Paighton might be, that can only mean they've already checked out what's on the footage and it didn't lead to anything. In that case, if they release the footage to the public, all they risk doing is getting two "heavyset" black guys (where did this information come from, by the way? I'm still not clear) in trouble with the people in town.

I mean, I guess it's possible this is all some sort of nefarious "hick cop" cover-up. Or maybe it's all some sort of swerve by the police to fool the "bad guys" into thinking they got away with it, only for an arrest to be made sometime soon. But it seems more likely that the surveillance footage simply doesn't have anything on it that will lead to Paighton. At any rate, from the way the cops are acting, it doesn't seem like they believe that releasing the footage to the public will accomplish anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double