Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BM points to a different reason for Paighton leaving on that same thread.
I am seeing quite a bit of important information being thrown around. Sorting through facts and WOM is the hard part. But I agree, worth looking at and considering all angles for sure.

In saying her parents have been through hell with her, does this imply her disappearance is not a first? Her family is very worried which makes me believe this isnt usual behaviour.
I did not imply anything of the sort, don't put words in my mouth. Paighton nearly died a couple of years ago due to a serious medical condition, a link was posted somewhere upthread.

Is anybody else of the mind set that there is no video surveillance of her leaving the bar?

Nope. No reason not to believe Sgt Johnny Williams that saw the footage.

Sgt. Johnny Williams told the paper that police searching for Houston were trying to generate new leads.

He said investigators have been examining surveillance footage from the night of the disappearance, the paper reported.

Also just read another article that quotes her mother in saying her phone was "going to voicemail." Meaning it was not turned off by Paighton or anyone else for that matter. Usually when cell phones are turned completely off it would say the number you are calling could not be reached. Interesting.

Paighton Houston Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

That is not what the article says anywhere I could find. It says, "Houston’s family wrote on Facebook, “She has not used her bank account in over 24 hrs and her phone is going to voicemail. "

I think it is important to keep the facts straight.

That is not what the article says anywhere I could find. It says, "Houston’s family wrote on Facebook, “She has not used her bank account in over 24 hrs and her phone is going to voicemail. "

I concur.

I concur.

This is something to think about. I read somewhere that many overdoses happen after rehab because the user doesn't realize their tolerance has dropped and will use the same amount they used before getting clean.
I don't think this is the case at all. She started with a subject in text "who". "I don't know who I'm with" the next sentence was " I feel in trouble"... I take this is she feels in trouble because she doesn't know who she was with. Why didn't she know... I think she was drugged and taken to a place with the "who". I would definitely feel in trouble if I suddenly realize I'm somewhere with someone I don't know and don't know how I got there. This makes sense to me. Too simple to not be the case in my opinion.

I don’t know the girl so I’m just assuming, but for her to text friends could implicate some illegal stuff drugs ext... she was scared but not scared enough to call 911

you could be scared and call 911 BUT, they ask your location. If she didn't have her location then it would be a bit bad. The system that most dispatches have try to triangulate the area that you are in, IF the tower you are on will report that. With cell phones it's harder than with landlines. They don't give 100% accurate information in real time.
I know this based on 2 things. 1 I used to work for a cellular carrier and 2 I have also worked for/with law enforcement and spent a lot of time in dispatch. I saw someone say that 200,000 people isn't a small town or small community. The town I am in has 1800 people and I swear they counted the livestock in that. Many have called us "bumpkins" or "rednecks" because of how small or community is. BUT, it doesn't matter how big or small your community is, bad things can happen to good people.

I don't think this is the case at all. She started with a subject in text "who". "I don't know who I'm with" the next sentence was " I feel in trouble"... I take this is she feels in trouble because she doesn't know who she was with. Why didn't she know... I think she was drugged and taken to a place with the "who". I would definitely feel in trouble if I suddenly realize I'm somewhere with someone I don't know and don't know how I got there. This makes sense to me. Too simple to not be the case in my opinion.
I don’t think she was drugged, but I do think that drugs, or the promise of them, factored in.

Leaving a bar with two people you don’t know, especially when you have a past history of substance abuse, seems like a probable scenario as I see it.

Her being drugged beforehand in order to facilitate that is possible, but probably less likely.

She wasn’t carried out, and was able to send a text message when she was with them. So whatever happened, I think occurred at their destination, or on the way to it.

As for the cellphone....things that can make it go to voicemail....Dead battery, power off, phone destroyed (water damage, ran over etc) <--all things I have done to my phone on accident. and also, if the sim card has been removed from the phone, even if it's powered on, the calls will go to VM b/c the phones info is stored on that little chip. (I worked for Cingular before and during the merger with AT&T) IF the phone is a burner/pre-paid phone, if ya run outta money/time on the phone you get a message that the person is not accepting calls at that time.
I thought I would add that about burner/pre-paid phones so that you would know if you didn't already. I apologize if it's over informing.

(Edit: removed the info on bank card being left as can't find verification)

Last edited:
In the absence of information, information has a tendency to manufacture itself. Based on PH's text, there is no indication of WHO she is with, only that she doesn't know WHO she is with. Her text does not in any way indicate that the two heavy set men in the surveillance video went any farther with her than out of camera range. Her text does not even enable us to determine if she is with more than one person. She finishes with "I feel in trouble" but not "I feel in DANGER" and in fact gives no clue that she *doesn't* know where she is. I am seeing news articles out there making incorrect assumptions based on very little confirmed facts.

The only reason to leave the bar would be to score drugs, then she realized that she was in trouble and texted a friend?

Is that the only reason YOU leave a bar?? Just asking. I mean you are saying it's the ONLY reason for PH to leave the bar. Not the fact she got into an argument with her friend or the fact that she COULD have met up with someone she THOUGHT she knew and then realized it wasn't who she thought it was. BUT ONLY TO SCORE DRUGS.
The poor girl is missing. We all have pasts we aren't proud of. What matters is finding PH and bringing her home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim