Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scroll & roll, no toll for trolls :rolleyes:

The friend said she did not see Paighton's text until the following morning. She tried calling after seeing the text and her phone was off.

I reported it.

Anyways, I wonder why PH chose that friend specifically to text...if she would’ve answered if the friend would’ve tried calling soon after receiving it. Strictly curious, NOT blaming or insinuating anything.

My mind keeps going back to the timeframe, she was gone 1 1/2 hours before sending that text. She didn't initially feel in trouble. She could have left the bar with the two guys for a house party, then left house party with someone else. Those two guys could have left the party and she was then left alone with people she didn't know. She could have walked/ran away from wherever she "felt in trouble" at and got lost. So many scenarios!

I can honestly see the two guys possibly being cleared and I have to admit that's what I think since LE hasn't released any photos/video. They had plenty of time to go to another party/bar and leave and leave her there alone. I'm not thinking a bar though, her texts sounds like it was a smaller gathering, like at a house. She didn't say she didn't know what "bar" she was at, she said she didn't know "who" she was with. House, car, parking lot, park......WHERE??!!

Where in the world did her phone last ping?!! She sent the text at 12:14AM, her phone HAD to have pinged somewhere. WHERE??!! A house, a bar, where. It is crazy to me LE says they have no additional leads. Where was that last ping and that would tell of her "story" of where she was in that last 1.5 hours. They knew Savanah's last location and the rest of it played out. Where was Paighton's last location? Sadly, I think it would tell "the rest of the story".

Paighton Houston: Alabama woman who texted she ‘felt in trouble’ is still missing after leaving with two strangers

“Paighton Houston was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South,” Williams said. “She was last seen leaving the location with two heavy set black males. It was reported that Paighton appeared to have left the location willingly with the two males.”

“At about 12:14 p.m. that night, she sent a text to one of the friends she was at the bar with, stating that she didn’t know who she was with, and that she felt like she was in trouble,” Evan Houston said.
What did her friends tell her in the responding text ? Has that been said ? If a friend of mine texted that to me no way in world would I sleep until I heard from them again! And most phones now you can share your info showing where your at ! I would think this has all been discussed by investigators?

Is her phone going straight to voicemail now? If so, when did it start going straight to voicemail? Was it ringing through for a while?
Was this discussed here on WS? Idk if LE or family said.
I’ve only seen where her family reported the text, not LE.
Paighton Houston’s family says the 29-year-old woman sent a concerning text message to one of her friends after leaving the Birmingham bar about midnight. She had been there Friday night and left, apparently willingly, with two men.

She wrote in the text, “idk who i am with, so if i call please answer. I feel in trouble.”
Paighton Houston Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
LE says they aren’t sure with whom she last spoke...
“We’re not quite sure,” he said. “This is kind of a strange case. We’re not sure where she may be or the last person she actually spoke to at this point.”
https://nypost.com/2019/12/27/missi...ith-strange-men-texted-friend-she-was-afraid/
IMO, either they have already traced her calls and believe she spoke to someone after texting her friend? Or maybe they aren’t considering text and talk as the same thing? Just seems odd, maybe it’s just semantics...text, call, talk, contact???

Are we absolutely sure the pm is an error ? Could the text have been sent the next day? Yes, I know... grasping for anything

I believe we are sure it was 12:14 AM. The pm hour quoted in the news was coming from the brother's interview and his full quote makes it clear he spoke in error and was not referring to the next day and/or the afternoon.

“At about 12:14 p.m. that night, she sent a text to one of the friends she was at the bar with, stating that she didn’t know who she was with, and that she felt like she was in trouble,” Evan Houston said.
^^s/bbm

There will be a prayer vigil held TONIGHT (Monday; December 30th) at 6pm at Clearbranch UMC. If you are not able to make it but still want to join the community in prayer for Paighton Houston, you can live stream it at their website below. Please come together to pray for my sister’s safe return home!

Www.clearbranch.org

Thank you for everyone’s support!

I'm interested in how it appears from media reports the 2 men she was seen leaving with are "strangers." How do the police and/or media know that? If the police are the only people who've reviewed the video, how could they know for a fact she doesn't know these two men? Even if her family and friends saw the video wouldn't guarantee she didn't know the two men from somewhere. I'm just curious why they seem sure these people were unknown to her.

I'm interested in how it appears from media reports the 2 men she was seen leaving with are "strangers." How do the police and/or media know that? If the police are the only people who've reviewed the video, how could they know for a fact she doesn't know these two men? Even if her family and friends saw the video wouldn't guarantee she didn't know the two men from somewhere. I'm just curious why they seem sure these people were unknown to her.
I suppose it’s possible that someone witnessed an interaction at the bar, between her and those two men. It could have been clear that she didn’t know them.

Media is reporting the men as strangers but not clear who told the media they were strangers. The only thing that's clear to me is that PH allegedly texted around 12:15 AM that she didn't know who she was with.

Birmingham police seek woman who disappeared after leaving Alabama bar

Dec 23, 2019

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Police are searching for a missing woman who left an Alabama bar with two strangers and then reportedly texted someone that she might be in trouble. [bbm]

Paighton Laine Houston, 29, was last seen leaving the Tin Roof bar on Friday night, news outlets report, citing Birmingham police. The Trussville woman reportedly left willingly with two men, Sgt. Johnny Williams said.

Charlaine Houston, identified as the missing woman's mother by The Trussville Tribune, posted a cry for help on Facebook that said Houston's bank account has gone unused and her phone is going straight to voicemail.

[..]

Houston sent a text to a friend just after midnight Friday that said, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble," according to the newspaper. [bbm]

I've put together a file for Paighton complete with sources. Would it be okay to share it here? I stumbled on to her case, and being a Mom, I watched her Mom. That's all it took. I cried, and then I got to work on trying to understand what may have happened, and hoping more than anything that just maybe there could be a good outcome, or if nothing else, answers.

This is interesting. In my mind I'm going back to the fact she was at the bar with friends. We assume all these people have been talked to by the police. Which leads me to think that they knew she didnt know them. I cant believe she saw the men and then at that instant left with them. Usually at a bar in a group setting, there would have been interaction. The others from the group you'd think wouldve witnessed the presence of these men. They didnt appear out of thin air. Which brings us back to the "disagreement" that insued.

This is interesting. In my mind I'm going back to the fact she was at the bar with friends. We assume all these people have been talked to by the police. Which leads me to think that they knew she didnt know them. I cant believe she saw the men and then at that instant left with them. Usually at a bar in a group setting, there would have been interaction. The others from the group you'd think wouldve witnessed the presence of these men. They didnt appear out of thin air. Which brings us back to the "disagreement" that insued.
What disagreement?

I've put together a file for Paighton complete with sources. Would it be okay to share it here? I stumbled on to her case, and being a Mom, I watched her Mom. That's all it took. I cried, and then I got to work on trying to understand what may have happened, and hoping more than anything that just maybe there could be a good outcome, or if nothing else, answers.

I would love to say yes right out of the gate but I'm thinking that you may want to run it by a Mod to be sure. Paighton and her family need all the help they can get! Too quiet and time is passing.

I completely agree with that, bestill. How do I do that? I haven't been here much, and I'm not sure how to go about getting the okay.

Hi, new here but this case has intrigued me from day one. Such a sad case.

My thoughts on assuming the men were strangers may have come from the text message PH sent to the friend. Because she was last seen leaving with the 2 men, maybe they are just associating the text with the 2 men she left with. Just assuming. But I do agree she ended up with someone other than who she left with.

I completely agree with that, bestill. How do I do that? I haven't been here much, and I'm not sure how to go about getting the okay.

I reported your post and hopefully someone will respond to it. Thanks for doing the right thing!

Hi, new here but this case has intrigued me from day one. Such a sad case.

My thoughts on assuming the men were strangers may have come from the text message PH sent to the friend. Because she was last seen leaving with the 2 men, maybe they are just associating the text with the 2 men she left with. Just assuming. But I do agree she ended up with someone other than who she left with.

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member