GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know, Queen. I'm right with ya. For the 1,768,340th time, I'll say that I MISS COURT TV.

praying this horrid ole grandmama hasn't "hornswoggled" this jury and savannah gets justice :rose:

(thanks paintr :D)

will check back in a bit friends :seeya:.........omg i'm a wreck, i do so wish this trial was streamed, i hate this trial by tweet biz :mad:

So glad you liked hornswoggled cause I really think that this jury will have at least one who is. I just can't see murder being given. I sure do hope that I am wrong. :sigh: I will not be surprised if she walks away with time served. Upset, disgusted, and angry but not surprised. :(

praying this horrid ole grandmama hasn't "hornswoggled" this jury and savannah gets justice :rose:

(thanks paintr :D)

will check back in a bit friends :seeya:.........omg i'm a wreck, i do so wish this trial was streamed, i hate this trial by tweet biz :mad:

I know, Queen. I'm right with ya. For the 1,768,340th time, I'll say that I MISS COURT TV.

I hate trial by tweet too but am thankful for our modern technology. However it is a pain in the butt but we better get used to it! I liked court TV because one could tune in while going about daily business. I've followed the sentencing phase of the never ending JA trial fiasco. MO And after this trial and hopefully, Justice for Savannah, Im taking a break.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 2m2 minutes ago

Reid spoke after defense attorney Dani Bone sobbed in court, saying the case is about emotion, the emotion being the loss of Savannah

"Don't you think that's gotten lost a little bit? What about Savannah? Do you think that's what Savannah would want?"

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 8s8 seconds ago

Reid compared a school photo of Savannah to autopsy picture showing her bruised arm. "I'm going to ask you to do 1 thing...do right by her."

Newbie over here - hi guys!

This is the first time I had heard of this case to be honest but I have read through the entire thread over the past couple of days and this woman does strike me as someone who liked to exert authority over this little girl - i.e the comments on the bus video. Does she deserve the DP? I don't think so, I don't think she had intended to kill this sweet girl in the beginning but maybe she got mad that Savannah was showing signs of what she perceived as 'weakness' i.e the vomitting and so pushed her harder until it sadly turned fatal?

Either way this woman needs to be locked up - without her actions it seems like this little girl would still be here today able to laugh and play and enjoy life.

:welcome::greetings: nice to have your input kato :)

have a seat, now that it's almost jury deliberation time we'll be going craaaaazy :D

you'll have to pardon us for joking around some, it's a way to stay sane in this insane world where a precious child is murdered and we await justice :rose:

again welcome and i hope you enjoy the boards :seeya:

Well thanks very much Queen Bee! You sure know how to make a girl feel special :tyou:

I can understand the need for some mood lightening around here sometimes, these topics can get very dark I imagine!

Hoping for a sensible outcome here :please:

Newbie over here - hi guys!

This is the first time I had heard of this case to be honest but I have read through the entire thread over the past couple of days and this woman does strike me as someone who liked to exert authority over this little girl - i.e the comments on the bus video. Does she deserve the DP? I don't think so, I don't think she had intended to kill this sweet girl in the beginning but maybe she got mad that Savannah was showing signs of what she perceived as 'weakness' i.e the vomitting and so pushed her harder until it sadly turned fatal?

Either way this woman needs to be locked up - without her actions it seems like this little girl would still be here today able to laugh and play and enjoy life.

:greetings:

:welcome6:

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 3m3 minutes ago

"She murdered her own granddaughter to be happy that she got her way," Harp said. "To solve the problem of lying. And the 1st thing..."

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 4m4 minutes ago

"...Joyce Garrard did was start lying."

"Discipline that ends in death is never right," he said.

"She was run to death...she was physically exerted to death." Harp said the beat witness for their case was Joyce Garrard

Well thanks very much Queen Bee! You sure know how to make a girl feel special :tyou:

I can understand the need for some mood lightening around here sometimes, these topics can get very dark I imagine!

Hoping for a sensible outcome here :please:

:balloons: Good day!

Oh wow, what a heartbreaking case! I have been following this one and reading all I could.
I had to come here to see any news.

I have everything crossed here and am praying for justice for this sweet angel x

The way I understand it, jury deliberations will be handled this way: Jury will be held at the courthouse until later tonight...

----------------------

William tweeted this about 10 mins ago .....no follow up tweet yet. Is this jury sequestered for deliberations?

The way I understand it, jury deliberations will be handled this way: Jury will be held at the courthouse until later tonight...

----------------------

William tweeted this about 10 mins ago .....no follow up tweet yet. Is this jury sequestered for deliberations?

i know he sequestered them daily for lunch shelby and had it catered in.......i'm not sure about during deliberations.......

Oh wow, what a heartbreaking case! I have been following this one and reading all I could.
I had to come here to see any news.

I have everything crossed here and am praying for justice for this sweet angel x
hello lillybell, welcome :seeya:

we'll all be praying together...........i have such a nervous tummy right now, savannah has really touched my heart :heartluv:

if that witch of a grandma walks, someone needs to have a good 'ole fashioned come to jesus meetin' with her in the woodshed imo :furious:

savannah darlin'.....justice is hopefully on the way, sweet child :rose:

WilliamThornton ‏@billineastala 49s49 seconds agoHere's the day story: Lawyers urge jury to 'do right by' Savannah Hardin in Joyce Garrard trial http://s.al.com/UaYwjoS via @aldotcom

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 10m 10 minutes agoI'll tweet some stuff later. Understandably there was a lot of stuff in court today. Both sides did a good job of arguing their cases.
--------------------------

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 7m 7 minutes agoI see my earlier tweet got cut off - deliberations will start and continue probably until about 8 if necessary. If no verdict, tomorrow.
-------------------------------

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 7m 7 minutes agoIf still no verdict, into Sunday afternoon. They're going to try to give us notice when the jury comes back in.
---------------------------------

I think I love this judge. THAT is how it should be done.

From above ^^^ posted link...

"Sobbing, he went on to say that emotions would in some part dictate the verdict.

"But the emotion is the loss of Savannah Hardin," he said, his voice breaking. "Don't you think that's gotten lost a little bit? What about Savannah? Do you think that's what Savannah would want?""

BBM
SMH ! Defense theatrics! :tears:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member