GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dunno Kato. These days it's hard to say what a jury will do here in the US. I think they will go LWOP. I'd be fine with that and I'd be fine with the DP. I will be devastated if they go for lesser charges or HEAVEN forbid not guilty.

I want to believe they will come back with guilty at least (whether it be on the murder charge or lesser charges)....but I really can't call it at the moment.

I'd like LWOP from my perspective but the jury doesn't know everything we know so I predict LWPP. I just hope the jury requests the judge to sentence her to at least 25 years before she's up for parole so her grandchildren will be grown when she's released. I'd really like DP for this ole battle axe ( who is younger than myself) but I just don't see this as a DP case from a mock juror perspective.

I highly doubt DP will really come into play here but I agree that she needs to be away from those children for as long as possible, I would be satisfied with any life sentence though happier with LWOP

okay back......the nerve of some people! doesn't the rest of the world know i'm on verdict watch :mad: :D

as to what the jury will do........who knows:scared:.......i have seen some crazy things......

i am praying for LWOP at least......i will be devastated if she walks whether it's not guilty or time served.......

have we heard if they are being sequestered overnight if no verdict is reached tonight?

if they find her not guilty will they even have a trail for the step mom?
I'm prayingshe gets lwop. She looks as mean as she is. I can't even see one nice thing about her.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/03/prosecutors_defense_make_closi.html

He said science and medicine show that the child could not have died the way the prosecution argues. Bone argued that Garrard could never have meant for her grandchild to die by running, and that a guilty verdict might be used against coaches in sports when an athlete collapses.

Well there you go, Dani Bone used the 'sports card'. Football rules in Alabama! Believe you me, this statement will probably have more impact on the jury than anything else he said in closing! I know because I was raised there. I am not making light of this or being disrespectful of Alabamians. Just callin it like I see it

okay back......the nerve of some people! doesn't the rest of the world know i'm on verdict watch :mad: :D

as to what the jury will do........who knows:scared:.......i have seen some crazy things......

i am praying for LWOP at least......i will be devastated if she walks whether it's not guilty or time served.......

have we heard if they are being sequestered overnight if no verdict is reached tonight?

I've googled and googled. I don't think they are sequestered over night. My guess (take that for what it's worth) is that they want to come to a decision tonight and get done. But, we all know how that goes. PLEASE LORD, no #17 type of a juror here, PLEASE.

I'm prayingshe gets lwop. She looks as mean as she is. I can't even see one nice thing about her.

I would guess that step mom would still go to trial.

I agree, she just oozes meanness.

:seeya:hi luci, you make a good point, i read somewhere that there haven't even been many motions or hearings filed in regard to the stepmother, the prosecutors have solely been focused on this trial..........

good to see you and i so agree with your assessment of the "lovely" defendant :mad:

He said science and medicine show that the child could not have died the way the prosecution argues. Bone argued that Garrard could never have meant for her grandchild to die by running, and that a guilty verdict might be used against coaches in sports when an athlete collapses.

Well there you go, Dani Bone used the 'sports card'. Football rules in Alabama! Believe you me, this statement will probably have more impact on the jury than anything else he said in closing! I know because I was raised there. I am not making light of this or being disrespectful of Alabamians. Just callin it like I see it

I know you're not making light. Sports are HUGE. UGH. PLEASE jury see the case for what it is. PLEASE.

i think you're right miranda....it may strike a chord with some of the jurors......

however, i remember reading about juror selection and the defense attorney alluded to this also during voir dire and referred to bear bryant taking his boys to the junction when he was with texas a&m

he talked about running those boys all day and night and no one died and if they had, no one would have said he was a murderer.........one man said, if front of EVERYONE, well those boys weren't nine.......

BOOOOOOOM

hope the jurors remember that

fingers crossed

Jmo I think 2 a days in foot ball is a crime. Thank goodness I never had any boys interested in that sport.

I'm surprised there aren't more of us here "watching" this trial.

I'm surprised there aren't more of us here "watching" this trial.
i was saying the same thing today.....and only one reporter tweeting??? a handful of reporters preparing end of day articles and that's it??? pitiful :(

eta..........brb......boris is giving me the evil eye lol.....it must be that time......

Hoping and praying for a just verdict, Queenie! I understand that defense team is doing everything they can to defend their client. fingers crossed for this jury.

Hoping and praying for a just verdict, Queenie! I understand that defense team is doing everything they can to defend their client. fingers crossed for this jury.
me too matilda.....me too sweetie.....

oh i meant to add....when i read about what that prospective juror said in front of everyone about those players not being nine years old, i thought to myself..........

well, i guess he didn't make the jury :floorlaugh: bet that shut up the defense lol

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 7m7 minutes ago

Nearing the two hour mark for jury deliberations.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 6m6 minutes ago

At the moment, there are about 30 people in the courtroom, including family members, attorneys, and interested citizens.

Richard Rhea, Sam Bone and District Attorney Jimmie Harp and sitting, talking sports and various other issues.

At one point during court proceedings, Sam Bone's laptop showed his screen background, a shot of Muhammad Ali connecting with Joe Frazier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back