GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WilliamThornton @billineastala · 3m3 minutes ago

What's it like to cover this? Today we started at 8. Then we continued up until about 1:30 with a few breaks. Then during my lunch break...

...I went to a press conference on a drug arrest next door, took pictures, then back to the courtroom for about 2 more hours.

"Lunch" was at about 3:45 p.m. during which I wrote up my story. Then back to the courthouse for the start of jury deliberations.

This is the life...

Also mentioned this on the Arias sentencing thread.

so here's what she's looking at:

the top charge of capital murder which would be punishment of the death penalty or LWOP...... if not the top charge, then the jury moves to on to these three lessers....
-------------=

—Felony murder, which carries a sentence ranging from 10 years to 99 years. State law defines this as an intentional act that leads to a death or a death caused by "extreme indifference."

—Manslaughter, a felony with a sentence ranging from two years to 20 years. Jurors would have to decide the girl died because of a reckless act, but not intentionally.

—Criminally negligent homicide, a misdemeanor with a maximum sentence of one year in prison. This could be another option if jurors believe the girl's death wasn't intentional but that Garrard was responsible.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/closing-arguments-set-trial-girls-running-death-29758334

OMG :(

justice for savannah :rose:

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 8m8 minutes ago

One aspect of the news - for the reader, the story eventually ends. But for the people who live the story, it goes on forever.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 7m7 minutes ago

That's why you can't expect people to have "closure." Tragedy becomes part of you, changes who you are.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 4m4 minutes ago

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will..."

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 4m4 minutes ago

"...comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." Aeschylus.

Oh thank GOD you guys are still here.

I can hardly breathe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman