GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good morning Queenie and Everybody! Thanks for the link to lesser charges Queenie. I don't like any of those options. EEK! I cannot imagine JG getting only 1 year for criminally negligent homicide because she'd get our for time served. JG needs to spend the rest of her days in prison so she can't be around her other grandchildren. She deserves hard time with others who are just as hard as she is. MOO

BTW I read on daily mail that AL is halting executions temporarily until the Supreme Court rules on the drug being used.

William Thornton is tweeting that extra chairs are being brought in courtroom for the expected crowd. Said it's been crowded every day, especially WED. I hope some of Savannah's family is there to show support.

Good morning, everyone!

Today could be the day. I know, probably wishfull thinking. But, if closings are relatively short......and instructions aren't confusing....

Good morning Queenie and Everybody! Thanks for the link to lesser charges Queenie. I don't like any of those options. EEK! I cannot imagine JG getting only 1 year for criminally negligent homicide because she'd get our for time served. JG needs to spend the rest of her days in prison so she can't be around her other grandchildren. She deserves hard time with others who are just as hard as she is. MOO

BTW I read on daily mail that AL is halting executions temporarily until the Supreme Court rules on the drug being used.

good morning matilda! (the name of my first car btw :D) :seeya:

i know how you feel, it made me sick reading that article :furious:

i pray this jury gets it!!!

:rose: savannah

Good morning, everyone!

Today could be the day. I know, probably wishfull thinking. But, if closings are relatively short......and instructions aren't confusing....

good morning shelby my tweet queen :seeya:

i'm still having faith in this jury and taking 7 1/2 minutes in the verdict pool for the harshest possible penalty :D (i wish)

WT just tweeted that Heather Walker is in court. Way to go Heather! Justice for Savannah!

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 15m15 minutes ago

Break in court.
WilliamThornton @billineastala · 14m14 minutes ago

Heather Walker, Savannah Hardin's mother, is in court.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 13m13 minutes ago

Deputy DA Brynn Crane told the jury Joyce Garrard's guilt was "beyond any doubt."

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 13m13 minutes ago

He reminded them of the bus video and Garards words that Savannah was "going to learn."

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 12m12 minutes ago

At no time Garrard tell 911 or first responders that Savannah had been running.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 12m12 minutes ago

Deputy DA Carol Griffin said both pathologists testified the child would not have died if she hadn't run.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 11m11 minutes ago

She mocked Garrard's testimony on Wednesday that the child was wet because they were "spitting water" at each other.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 10m10 minutes ago

"Who is credible in this case?" She asked.

Defense attorney Richard Rhea said jurors should consider intent.

WilliamThornton @billineastala · 9m9 minutes ago

Consider all of Joyce's actions in caring for Savannah.

Consider her family that has filled seats for the trial and for every hearing.

As he spoke, Joyce Garrard wipes her eyes.
0 retweets1 favoriteReply
Retweet
Favorite1
More

"Their support speaks 10 times louder than any witness, he said.

"Their support speaks 10 times louder than any witness, he said.

Going back in.

I know it's so very hard for Heather, but I'm glad she's able to be there.

Does anyone know where the father is and if he has made any statements about his daughter?

I have a question. Will Heather be allowed to make a victim impact statement on behalf of Savannah? Thx

Does anyone know where the father is and if he has made any statements about his daughter?
I believe the father is overseas (Pakistan?). I haven't read any statements from him. He has a civil suit against the hospital...not sure of the outcome.

I would be surprised if the father is in court. 1)He is a military contractor overseas. 2) According to HW, he was never in court when she was fighting for custody of Savannah, only his lawyer was there. 3) JG herself said she hadn't talked with him 'in quite some time'.

I'd also like to know the outcome of Robert Hardin's suit against GRMC. He sure has spent alot of money on attys, yet he only paid 200.00 mo in child support for Savannah when she was in Heather's custody. Heck my ex and I paid more than that for my step daughter in the late 80's early nineties! And she was worth every penny of it!

Hi y'all,

I'm just shaking my head. After reading Heather's story, and all the tweets from the reporter, I never want grandma to see the light of day again and I sure hope that dear daddy never receives a dime of money from the lawsuit.

I haven't been here in awhile. Been following on Facebook praying justice is served for this beautiful little girl.
Thanks for all the up dates friends.....

Break in court per WT.....In a short break. Dani Bone was giving his closing argument when he tried to speak about a document.

Prosecution objected.

OT I could never be a defense atty. They are necessary in our justice system though I would have a tough time defending a client like JG.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back