AL - Ten people killed in two-county shooting spree, 10 March 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspect appears to be Michael McLendon, 27. There are also names of possible victims starting to come out now, but I don't see any real need for their names to be posted.

Suspect appears to be Michael McLendon, 27. There are also names of possible victims starting to come out now, but I don't see any real need for their names to be posted.

A quick check of AL records didn't uncover anything to speak of as far as past criminal charges/convictions for anyone matching the description of this potential suspect.

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0309/602539.html

(snip)
"He started in his mother's house," Preachers said. "Then he went to Samson and he killed his granny and granddaddy and aunt and uncle."

"We don't know what triggered it," Preachers added.

The gunman also shot at a state trooper's car, striking the vehicle seven times and wounding the trooper with broken glass.

He then killed someone at a Samson supply store, and another person at a service station.

OMG!

I just wonder why???? It seems as if they may never know.

GB all of the families.

I think LE needs to do a Wellness Check in these two towns just to be assured that everyone else is ok.

Both of these towns are like Mayberry. Things this horrific just don't happen there. It is a rural area. I feel so sorry for the families in these towns. Everyone just about knows everyone.

I think it will become known that maybe this madman lost his job recently but why do people like this have to take out innocent people?

My heart is just breaking for all of them. I saw the father on Fox this morning talking about the loss of his wife and 18 month old baby daughter. I believe his a Deputy Sheriff. His wife and little girl were just visiting the home and sitting out on the porch when they were murdered.

Then today 15 more die senselessly in Germany in the school shooting.

No one is safe anywhere they are. Not in school. Not in churches. Not sitting on a porch enjoying the day or even walking down the street. Not in their homes. No where.

It is so darn frightening and sadly to say, I think there are more of them to come as our unemployment rate rises.

imoo

Here's the latest with a link to the poor Deputy who lost his wife and child. His infant is in surgery for a bullet wound to the leg. She's only a couple months old at the most.

These type of horrific shootings seems to be on the uprise again. I wonder why or if we will ever know why.

Bless those who have lost anyone to this maniac and to those who he took.

May the Rest in Peace

Here is the link: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_...alabama_shooting_spree_suspect_michael_m.html

This is so sad. Why does it seem to happening more and more?? People are sick.

Ella, 4-month old in stable condition.

This is GUT wrenching!!!!!!! WHY???? My heart has broken this morning.

I am so sick of hearing about these kind of killings....
Why do the killers have to make other peoples lives as miserable as they must be for themselves?

Why not just shoot themselves? They leave there own families behind crushed from there actions / answering questions they can't answer. Then the poor innocent people suffer as long as they live. It makes me sick!!!!

Here's the latest with a link to the poor Deputy who lost his wife and child. His infant is in surgery for a bullet wound to the leg. She's only a couple months old at the most.

These type of horrific shootings seems to be on the uprise again. I wonder why or if we will ever know why.

Bless those who have lost anyone to this maniac and to those who he took.

May the Rest in Peace

Here is the link: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_...alabama_shooting_spree_suspect_michael_m.html

This is just a horrible tragedy. I don't understand what makes these people inflict such pain on so many others?

Why? This just makes me cry.

Even the news reporter on our local station this morning was choked up in-between news clips when reporting about this crime. :(

Almost every day now, there's cases such as this, multiple victims, all because ONE person was unhappy with their life.

fran

http://www.myfoxal.com/dpp/news/20090311_Death_toll_rises_to_12

Death toll rises to 12

The death toll in Tuesday's deadly shooting spree in south Alabama rose to 12 Wednesday as police searched for clues into the deadly shooting rampage that stretched across two counties.

Michael McLendon killed himself Tuesday afternoon, ending what police described as a shocking shooting rampage that claimed the lives of 11 other victims, some of which were random targets.

The 11th victim was revealed Wednesday morning. According to WSFA-TV in Montgomery , McClendon's girlfriend was found dead inside the home of the shooter's mother, who died Tuesday after police said McClendon set the house on fire.

http://www.myfoxal.com/dpp/news/20090311_Death_toll_rises_to_12

Death toll rises to 12

The death toll in Tuesday's deadly shooting spree in south Alabama rose to 12 Wednesday as police searched for clues into the deadly shooting rampage that stretched across two counties.

Michael McLendon killed himself Tuesday afternoon, ending what police described as a shocking shooting rampage that claimed the lives of 11 other victims, some of which were random targets.

The 11th victim was revealed Wednesday morning. According to WSFA-TV in Montgomery , McClendon's girlfriend was found dead inside the home of the shooter's mother, who died Tuesday after police said McClendon set the house on fire.

How awful! They really need to do a head check to make sure everyone is ok. They may find more vics as people don't show up for work or appointments.

"Get home now." Shortly after getting that message, Geneva County, Alabama, Sheriff's Deputy Josh Myers got another urgent message: "A trooper was chasing a suspect that had fired shots," Myers told reporters today. Instead of heading home, the deputy drove to a plant where a gunman had shot and killed himself after a bloody rampage that left 10 people dead. Myers had no idea his own wife and daughter were among the dead. full story

WHY? I just don't understand the motivations behind something so horrific! Lots of people are losing their jobs right now. Why is it that some snap like this? I can't imagine what made this "seemingly normal" man start with his family and just keep blowing people away! After killing his mother and girlfriend, he drove all the way to another county to kill his grandparents?! Then just random people?! This is happening much more frequently now than in the past. WTH is going on?

Information released about shooter

Shooter Michael McLendon was armed with 2 assault rifles, shotgun, and handgun. He fired more than 200 rounds.

McLendon worked for short time as a Samson police officer before he flunked out of the police academy

http://www.dothaneagle.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valerie1022
Back