GUILTY AL - Three dead, 3 injured in shooting at UAH, Amy Bishop charged

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...43&format=&page=1&listingType=Loc#articleFull

This article says Amy Bishop was a far left extrememist by one account......obsessed with President Obama....

Says she had no friends.........and then someone says she was likeable.

It appears as though most thought she was odd though........this is just so sad.

Hi, MysteryGirl. I think that Bishop's political views were, like everything else in her life, broadcast loudly to show people that she was different. Being an Obama supporter (or, for that matter, a Palin supporter) doesn't make anyone an extremist; it would be interesting to know the specific basis of this family comment.

Why exactly shouldn't being an eccentric genius be accepted?
Most people who are eccentric or a little odd don't kill anyone.

Not saying we shouldn't accept eccentric geniuses. IMHO, in this case, being considered an "eccentric genius" might have served as cover for her antisocial behaviors. Fortunately, people with all sorts of personalities, of different intellectual and academic levels, with eccentric and more normal behaviors don't kill other people.

oceanblueeyes:

Welcome!

I really don't think this woman snapped. Her trigger for years seemed to be eradicating anyone that didn't agree with her.

I think she is a full blown sociopath.

Yes, I read where the death of her brother is going to be reopened.

I agree. She was a disaster waiting to happen -- again. It seems obvious to me the university wanted rid of her and were in that process. Sociopaths don't like being told no.

Have they found where she got the gun?

Professor In Campus Shooting Claimed Discrimination
posted 02/16/10 5:48 pm producer: Tracy Bynum

Officials say a professor accused in a deadly campus shooting in Alabama filed a complaint last year alleging gender discrimination by the university.
The complaint itself, filed Sept. 15, was not immediately available. Bishop represented herself and did not have an attorney for the complaint.

more here

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0210/706960.html

Amy Bishop was charged with assault in 2002 IHOP dispute

By Maria Cramer and Travis Andersen, Globe Staff

In March, 2002, Bishop walked into an International House of Pancakes in Peabody with her family, asked for a booster seat for one of her children, and learned the last seat had gone to another mother.

Bishop, according to a police report, strode over to the other woman, demanded the seat and launched into a profanity-laced rant.

more here

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/02/amy_bishop_was.html

==================

Police file on Amy Bishop's 1986 shooting

Below is the 1986 police file on Amy Bishop's fatal shooting of her brother, Seth. Initially ruled an accident, a Norfolk County district attorney recently reviewed the document and said there was probable cause to charge her in the incident.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...eport_amy_bishop/?camp=localsearch:on:twit:hp

Amy Bishop was charged with assault in 2002 IHOP dispute

By Maria Cramer and Travis Andersen, Globe Staff

In March, 2002, Bishop walked into an International House of Pancakes in Peabody with her family, asked for a booster seat for one of her children, and learned the last seat had gone to another mother.

Bishop, according to a police report, strode over to the other woman, demanded the seat and launched into a profanity-laced rant.

more here

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/02/amy_bishop_was.html

==================

Police file on Amy Bishop's 1986 shooting

Below is the 1986 police file on Amy Bishop's fatal shooting of her brother, Seth. Initially ruled an accident, a Norfolk County district attorney recently reviewed the document and said there was probable cause to charge her in the incident.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...eport_amy_bishop/?camp=localsearch:on:twit:hp
It sure sounds like she couldn't handle not getting what she wanted- be it booster seat or tenure. And again she was able to basically get away with it-probation doesn't sound like good enough punishment to me.

Prosecutor says Amy Bishop could have been charged in 1986
February 16, 2010 06:03 PM

Norfolk County prosecutors have just announced that they have located the missing files in the 1986 shooting death of Seth Bishop by his sister, Amy Bishop. The Norfolk County district attorney now says that, after reviewing the files, he has concluded that probable cause existed in 1986 to arrest Amy Bishop and charge her with assault and weapons crimes. But, at the time, the death was declared accidental.

Here is the statement from the Norfolk District Attorney's Office:

<snip>

The analysis of the newly received documents, as well as the previously released March 30, 1987 State Police report indicate that probable cause existed at that time to place Amy Bishop under arrest charged with:
Assault with a Dangerous Weapon, Chap. 265 Sec. 15B
Carrying a Dangerous Weapon, Chap. 269 Sec. 10, 12D
Unlawful possession of ammunition, Chap. 269 Ch. 10 (h)

The statute of limitations has run on all of those charges.

more here

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/02/prosecutor_says.html

BBM --

Sooo - is he trying to diminish any culpability he might have -- or was he afraid of her too?

I can't see my DBF not asking where I suddenly got a gun & when I didn't answer just let it go at that or letting me get away with saying "Oh I just borrowed it from a friend"....he knows who my friends are -- he would want an answer.

Hinky, IMO.
Considering he is quoted as saying (paraphrasing) that she was a gentle person beloved by everyone, I don't get the impression he was scared of her.

Norfolk County prosecutors have just announced that they have located the missing files in the 1986 shooting death of Seth Bishop by his sister, Amy Bishop. The Norfolk County district attorney now says that, after reviewing the files, he has concluded that probable cause existed in 1986 to arrest Amy Bishop and charge her with assault and weapons crimes. But, at the time, the death was declared accidental.

<snip>

The analysis of the newly received documents, as well as the previously released March 30, 1987 State Police report indicate that probable cause existed at that time to place Amy Bishop under arrest charged with:

more here

Isn't it convenient? They didn't charge her at the time and now the statute of limitations has run out.

<snip>

more here

BBM!

I just don't understand this. This was not an assault with a dangerous weapon imo. This was intentional murder. So sad that Seth will never receive the justice he deserved.

imo

It sure sounds like she couldn't handle not getting what she wanted- be it booster seat or tenure. And again she was able to basically get away with it-probation doesn't sound like good enough punishment to me.

When the woman would not give the seat up, Bishop punched her in the head, all the while yelling "I am Dr. Amy Bishop."

She really is quite smitten with herself. Her history of behavior it quite disturbing. Why did the university deny her tenure

BBM!

I just don't understand this. This was not an assault with a dangerous weapon imo. This was intentional murder. So sad that Seth will never receive the justice he deserved.

imo

Is it possible to reopen the case if they think it was a homicide?? Can it be changed from accidental to some kind of prosecute-able charge? Gawd, every day there's something even freakier about this woman.

On the IHOP thing - one of the commenters in the Huntsville or Boston paper said, "Just let her try that at Waffle House." :-D

~mo_mom

Hmmm. What a pair THEY must've made at the restaurant. This is the woman who was identified in the court documents as being the assault victim at IHOP.

Michelle M. Gjika, 42, of 21 Bowen Road, Peabody, was arrested at 2:34 a.m. by Patrolman Thomas Hennessey and hit with three charges of assault and battery on a police officer, two charges of witness intimidation, destruction of property over $250, resisting arrest, negligent operation of a vehicle, and drunken driving. No further information is available.

Scroll down about halfway for the blotter entry:
http://salemnews.com/punews/local_story_244000814.html

Unten(ure)able behavior? :crazy:

LOL -- so true.

Considering her impressive academic resume, teaching background, new invention -- all these are things a university would love to boast about, but they obviously found her negatives outweighed the positives.

Is it possible to reopen the case if they think it was a homicide?? Can it be changed from accidental to some kind of prosecute-able charge? Gawd, every day there's something even freakier about this woman.

On the IHOP thing - one of the commenters in the Huntsville or Boston paper said, "Just let her try that at Waffle House." :-D

~mo_mom

Well by saying she could have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon imo they don't think it was accidental at all. If so he would have said there was no probable cause to arrest and charge her back then or now.

So I don't really understand this. This dingbat shot her brother square in the chest with a shotgun and then fled the scene. If that isn't murder I just don't know when it would be. I am very confused by the DAs musings.

It seems he is trying to save face and now saying she should have been charged but they really don't want to pursue it. They could certain charge her with murder imo. I guess they know she is going to prison or death row for the UAH murders anyway.

It looks like they arent going to do anything about her brother's death. What a shame.

imo

BBM!

imo

When they are talking about "assault with a dangerous weapon" could it be because she pointed the shotgun at the guy at a car place?
Her brother death apparently is still an accident because her mother says so?

I agree - the assault w/ deadly weapon is probably in reference to what she did to Pettigrew....and they've just blown right past the shooting of her brother....maybe they think if they don't talk about it, the issue will just go away. :mad:

Tragic.

I agree - the assault w/ deadly weapon is probably in reference to what she did to Pettigrew....and they've just blown right past the shooting of her brother....maybe they think if they don't talk about it, the issue will just go away. :mad:

Tragic.

There were no ballistics done and her or her family wasn't questioned for 11 days after she shot her brother. Of course that would give anyone plenty of time to prepare for questioning.
What kind of investigation is that? Her mother said she observed it and it was an accident so that was that. Why don't the police go back to her mother's house and question her again?

There were no ballistics done and her or her family wasn't questioned for 11 days after she shot her brother. Of course that would give anyone plenty of time to prepare for questioning.
What kind of investigation is that? Her mother said she observed it and it was an accident so that was that. Why don't the police go back to her mother's house and question her again?

Is her mother still alive? I assume there no other siblings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back