Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is possible the gun wasn’t used in plinking or anywhere else, if it was kept locked up. If there were live rounds mixed in with the prop ammo on the cart, whoever loaded the gun could have inadvertently picked up a live round.

The problem is, who - other than the armorer - should be loading and unloading the gun? Who was the last person to load the gun that killed Halyna?

The only other gun use I've seen described was in a WSJ article that was posted on the previous thread. It said something about AB practicing shooting blanks. The sheriff stated in his interview with Banfield, that all he has heard about shooting is rehearsals and still has no official info on plinking.

The safe was in the prop truck. The truck was described in the affidavit as a Marathon truck body which I googled and they look to be pretty big trucks.

Thanks, I didn’t see that. Does this mean that the armorer picks up the prop truck vehicle through a dispatch?

ETA-typo

The only other gun use I've seen described was in a WSJ article that was posted on the previous thread. It said something about AB practicing shooting blanks. The sheriff stated in his interview with Banfield, that all he has heard about shooting is rehearsals and still has no official info on plinking.

Im wondering if there was plinking but no one wants to admit that at this point. Maybe this would be revealed in a deposition.

Im wondering if there was plinking but no one wants to admit that at this point. Maybe this would be revealed later in a deposition.

Here's a link to another film armorer named Bryan Carpenter. He also shows us an example of a dummy round used in filming that uses BB's inside the case and a punched or deactivated primer. The BB's give an audio and physical indication that it's a dummy round when shaken. No hole in the side. JMO.

Timestamp 6:25

In an attempt to paraphrase what a guest attorney said on a news segment-he mentioned that the NM law is ‘common sense-should have known better’ regarding the handling of firearms.

If I had been on this set, I would tell the full truth. This is not the time to cover up. And eventually, with this many people, the truth would come out anyway.

It will for sure. I’m just curious at this stage if extras and newbies haven’t lawyered up yet and/or if there is a need to. If plinking didn’t happen there is no need to.

How many "extras" on the set even have any cash to "lawyer up"? Probably none. And they probably have zero assets to sue.

I wonder if HGR is covered by any type of professional insurance? Not that she has any assets anyway. But professional insurance policies usually cover attorney fees. Probably her parents are paying for her attorney.

The deep pockets here are the producers. And the insurance company for the production. No doubt, already covered with attorneys. I think someone mentioned the firms involved.

Producers of Alec Baldwin film hire law firm for shooting probe

Now, this is interesting, the law firm representing the production company will have attorneys present for all questioning of crew. Can they do that? Sounds like intimidation and coercion to me. Like crew members will "voluntarily" sign a waiver for their presence...or more than likely never work in Hollywood again.

Last edited:
Here's a link to another film armorer named Bryan Carpenter. He also shows us an example of a dummy round used in filming that uses BB's inside the case and a punched or deactivated primer. The BB's give an audio and physical indication that it's a dummy round when shaken. No hole in the side. JMO.

Timestamp 6:25

This was really good. It addresses the question Luna had about how guns and related props flow through the system and much more.

How many "extras" on the set even have any cash to "lawyer up"? Probably none. And they probably have zero assets to sue.

I wonder if HGR is covered by any type of professional insurance? Not that she has any assets anyway. But professional insurance policies usually cover attorney fees. Probably her parents are paying for her attorney.

The deep pockets here are the producers. And the insurance company for the production. No doubt, already covered with attorneys. I think someone mentioned the firms involved.

Producers of Alec Baldwin film hire law firm for shooting probe

Now, this is interesting, the law firm representing the production company will have attorneys present for all questioning of crew. Can they do that? Sounds like intimidation and coercion to me. Like crew members will "voluntarily" sign a waiver for their presence...or more than likely never work in Hollywood again.

On the previous thread I posted an article on insurance (Chubb) and stake holders. I’m not sure how it breaks down overall as to how the crew and set is or isn’t covered.

If I were an armorer I would be independently insured including life insurance. Goes with the nature and territory of firearms in my opinion.

This was really good. It addresses the question Luna had about how guns and related props flow through the system and much more.
The interviewer wasn't correct. HGR wasn't hired as both a prop master and an armorer. She was hired as a prop's master assistant and an armorer. Rust still had a prop master.

The interviewer wasn't correct. HGR wasn't hired as both a prop master and an armorer. She was hired as a prop's master assistant and an armorer. Rust still had a prop master.

Yes, I know. Every article and video has one or more details wrong. I did find it interesting that the armorer said even that higher position is combined with the armorer position.

Yes, I know. Every article and video has one or more details wrong. I did find it interesting that the armorer said even that higher position is combined with the armorer position.
Interviewer was also wrong on HRG being hesitant to take the job on "Rust" because of inexperience-HRG was hesitant to take her job as an armorer on "The Old Way" -her first movie as an armorer, prior to the "Rust." In her view her first job went really "smoothly."

Thanks for that video, @Gardenista

He's clearly in anguish and just wanted to get it over with since the press won't leave them alone. Whether he faces charges or not, I do believe he's agonizing over having killed someone, and maybe secondarily over his career and over lawsuits to come.

What was interesting to me is how he barked at his wife. Alec is well-known for temper tantrums in all kinds of venues, not just on movie sets, but it's very enlightening IMO to read about how much trouble he and Kim Basinger made way back on "The Marrying Man." He was a young star then, not the superstar he is now, but he's always thrown fits when he's dissatisfied. Even on a plane when he wouldn't turn off the Words with Friends game, in a situation that had zero to do with his career.

Why I think this is germane to the present situation is something I've posted about before. When Alec Baldwin is dissatisfied he makes his displeasure known in no uncertain terms. For him to say this was a "well-oiled machine" on set until the tragedy makes me wonder. He's no rookie and I can't see, IMO, how he didn't notice how disordered everything was, with crew walking out and all.

I'm speculating that this was a quick payday for him, he wanted to get through the shoot ASAP and head home, was not expecting this film to be a box-office hit and didn't care if things were rushed.

I do not think, though, that he is taking lightly the fact that he, Alec Baldwin, killed someone. I believe it is on his conscience and also of course he fears for what punishment may come.

All MOO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member