Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course - just like Dave Hall did. But nope, Alec can't ever admit he's wrong. He truly believes he's in the right here. What a nightmare client for his attorneys.

I don't think so. I believe the people have Santa Fe think they have their own problems and do not want or need to spend money on actors and their criminal shenanigans. Alec is likely viewed as a big spending and pompous, He's draining their local LE coffers (and has done so for over a year).

There will be no warm sympathy or fandom for Alec in Santa Fe (a county of only 150,000 independently minded people - having lived in the area for a while, I don't think I've ever met as many independent minded, common sensical people with such diverse views and lifestyle - but they are all going to come together as Santa Fe vs Alec Baldwin).

IMO.

Oh, frabjous day! I really want justice for Halyna Hutchins and her family.

He has already admitted that liability in his settlement with the Hutchins family. IMO.
He has admitted liability? Can you show me where he did that?

The difference between a State making millions from the movie industry and individual actions. If the State of NM is stating it is taking a different approach to liability, studios may take their projects to different states.
But I don't think NM is stating that it's taking a different approach to liability than other states. It may have different statutes, but that's not something new.

Issuing a "written statement" indicates to me no charges. Prosecutors generally love to be in person when they are charging someone in a high-profile case. IMO. JMO.
I admit it. I couldn't have been more wrong. (I also admit I have no idea what the facts are in this case and that is in spite of, or because, I've devoured everything the MSM has had to offer!).

Of course he did, because AB's defense is going to put the blame on Halls and HG. The problem AB has, is that he specifically stated that he NEVER pulled the trigger. The gun "just went off". I see that as a problem. But, if the FBI messed up the gun during testing, that is a potential problem for the prosecution.

I know this much, if I was an actor, I would want to be sure to follow rules and procedures on gun handling. Or not handle guns at all.

According to their job descriptions, Halls and HG did provide false information to the actors, director, etc. HG's job was to make sure the gun was safe to use and she told Halls it was. Halls job was to double check to make sure the gun was safe to use. He didn't check, but handed it to AB, telling him it was safe to use. Both of those people have "gun safety" in their job descriptions.

He has admitted liability? Can you show me where he did that?
He reached a civil settlement with the family of HH. Would that be considered an admission? I don’t know, genuine question.

He was very adamant about it not being his responsibility when he was interviewed by George Stephanopoulos in the ABC interview.

Someone put a live bullet in a gun, a bullet that wasn't even supposed to be on the property," Baldwin said. "Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can't say who that is, but I know it's not me."

She is also being charged, but I think her defense is less easy. IMVHO, she is the one that was the most negligent on set. She let that gun leave her without checking it for safety and was not on set while it was being used.
IIRC she wasn't on set because they weren't planning on doing any scenes involving guns and this was a spur of the moment thing. Or am I misremembering that? If she wasn't on set for that reason, I could see her having an easier defense but leaving the guns out would be hard to defend against

Hello hello everyone, I'm new to this site and find it very interesting. My take is he lied in the very beginning he always said he never pulled the trigger that he cocked the hammer back and said is this good is this good and that he let the hammer go and the gun went off that was a colt single action 45 the hammer cannot release without the trigger being pulled. I'm sure it was just an accident but for him to lie and say he never pull the trigger speaks volumes of his character. The truth will set you free

If AB goes for a jury trial, he better hope for people who have had zero experience with guns. It seems to me that his defense will be to blame others.

Any one who has had guns, the first rule, is to treat every gun like it is loaded with live ammo, and when someone hands you a gun, they open it, if there is a bullet in it, check it to see if it is a live round or dummy round. The one holding the gun, is 100% responsible. And never point a gun at someone, and pull the trigger.

That information is so basic. If AB has ever signed any documents on gun safety, stating that he is aware of the rules of gun safety, he is toast. And he has been on so many sets with guns, including this one, I bet he has just signed it, not paying attention.

Alec Baldwin AND Hannah Gutierrez-Reed - two counts of involuntary manslaughter.

OMG! I can't believe this! You guys know this but will post this anyway, I only just found out this minute.

Seriously!!! Justice finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe this either, from article:

Rust armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed will also be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter.

Last edited:
He reached a civil settlement with the family of HH. Would that be considered an admission? I don’t know, genuine question.

He was very adamant about it not being his responsibility when he was interviewed by George Stephanopoulos in the ABC interview.

Someone put a live bullet in a gun, a bullet that wasn't even supposed to be on the property," Baldwin said. "Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can't say who that is, but I know it's not me."

It would not. And I can almost guaranty that the settlement agreement specifically states that the parties agree that there is no admission of liability.

It would not. And I can almost guaranty that the settlement agreement specifically states that the parties agree that there is no admission of liability.

What do you think? Will Alec and Hannah Gutierrez-Reed be able to reach a plea deal without jail time?

They should plea, in my opinion, if they can get out of jail time or prison.

Hard to see them admit guilt though. In a plea you have to admit guilt.

I see the defense poking holes as well. I too am NOT a fan of AB at all. But, this isn't like a home shooting where a live gun and a live round exist and were inadvertently shot. This is a movie set where the actors think of these guns as "play" guns. They don't treat them as a real gun - which may not be right either! This is the movie industry. They play make-believe every day! However, he was handed a gun that he was told could NOT harm anyone. I think David Hall held more responsibility. I wonder if the DA is trying to appease the public. I do hope that Hollywood is listening and takes some action to change their policies regarding gun usage in movies!

I have wondered if there were any recorded moments of this day.
It is a movie set but also a business and all workers have the right to safety at work. Bottom line is a person is dead at the hands of another, intentional or not, there is liability and someone is responsible

What do you think? Will Alec and Hannah Gutierrez-Reed be able to reach a plea deal without jail time?

They should plea, in my opinion, if they can get out of jail time or prison.

Hard to see them admit guilt though. In a plea you have to admit guilt.
If I were AB's attorney I would ask for a bench trial and proceed. I might entertain a plea to a misdemeanor charge but that is all.

HGR is in a different position. She was the one specifically charged with ensuring this didn't happen and was also almost certainly the one that loaded a live round into that revolver. She is probably going to have to seek a plea, but that boat may have already sailed, we don't know. I don't see that she could turn on AB because I don't see that she could add much to a case against him.

It is a movie set but also a business and all workers have the right to safety at work. Bottom line is a person is dead at the hands of another, intentional or not, there is liability and someone is responsible
But is there CRIMINAL liability? Certainly there is civil liability, both in private actions and administrative actions.

If I were AB's attorney I would ask for a bench trial and proceed. I might entertain a plea to a misdemeanor charge but that is all.

HGR is in a different position. She was the one specifically charged with ensuring this didn't happen and was also almost certainly the one that loaded a live round into that revolver. She is probably going to have to seek a plea, but that boat may have already sailed, we don't know. I don't see that she could turn on AB because I don't see that she could add much to a case against him.

HG is also the person responsible for supplying the ammo to the site. She is the one that upon purchasing the ammo didn't make certain that there were no live rounds on set. IMVHO

Thanks. I would love to hear your opinion on why Billy Wagner won't plea and wants a trial from the Rhoden murder thread, now a trial thread.

But concerning HGR, thanks for pointing out her greater liability and that she probably loaded the gun with the live bullet.

And Alec would be lucky to get to plea to just a misdemeanor rather than be found guilty of a felony that could land him behind bars.

If AB goes for a jury trial, he better hope for people who have had zero experience with guns. It seems to me that his defense will be to blame others.

Any one who has had guns, the first rule, is to treat every gun like it is loaded with live ammo, and when someone hands you a gun, they open it, if there is a bullet in it, check it to see if it is a live round or dummy round. The one holding the gun, is 100% responsible. And never point a gun at someone, and pull the trigger.

That information is so basic. If AB has ever signed any documents on gun safety, stating that he is aware of the rules of gun safety, he is toast. And he has been on so many sets with guns, including this one, I bet he has just signed it, not paying attention.
I fear he is likely to be unlucky on that score in New Mexico!

I also agree with everything else you say. If you choose to use firearms, especially if you choose to in a professional sense, then you are are entirely responsible for someone getting shot when you are handling it. You have to break more than one of the rules of safe gun handling for someone to get shot. You simply cannot be absolved of that that responsibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member