All About Chloroform#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she used it to kill her, most likely on June 16th, how would it still be in the car? I don't get that part, but I don't know a lot about the subject. Anyone?

If she used it to kill her, most likely on June 16th, how would it still be in the car? I don't get that part, but I don't know a lot about the subject. Anyone?

That's the big question in my mind too. It was a good 5 or 6 weeks later that LE tested the car, it doesn't seem like Chloroform fumes would have lingered for that length of time.

I am always a bit leery when WFTV has a breaking news update on the case...as of yet, no other stations are reporting this new "making" chloroform find....they are the most tabloidish in Orlando in my opinion...lets hope they are right!

Believe WFTV. Nancy Grace is covering this on her show tonight and I was just coming on here to see if it was posted yet.

That's the big question in my mind too. It was a good 5 or 6 weeks later that LE tested the car, it doesn't seem like Chloroform fumes would have lingered for that length of time.

Fate & Transport

Chloroform evaporates very quickly when exposed to air. Chloroform also dissolves easily in water, but does not stick to the soil very well. This means that it can travel down through soil to ground water where it can enter a water supply. Chloroform lasts for a long time in both the air and in the ground water. Most chloroform in the air eventually breaks down, but this process is slow. The breakdown products in air include phosgene, which is more toxi than chloroform, and hydrogen chloride, which is also toxic. Some chloroform may break down in soil. Chloroform does not appear to build up in great amounts in plants and animals, but we find some small amounts of chloroform in foods.
http://www.eco-usa.net/toxics/chcl3.shtml

Fate & Transport

Chloroform evaporates very quickly when exposed to air. Chloroform also dissolves easily in water, but does not stick to the soil very well. This means that it can travel down through soil to ground water where it can enter a water supply. Chloroform lasts for a long time in both the air and in the ground water. Most chloroform in the air eventually breaks down, but this process is slow. The breakdown products in air include phosgene, which is more toxi than chloroform, and hydrogen chloride, which is also toxic. Some chloroform may break down in soil. Chloroform does not appear to build up in great amounts in plants and animals, but we find some small amounts of chloroform in foods.

Thanks, but that makes me more confused. Don't the two statements I bolded seem to contradict each other?

Breathing about 900 parts of chloroform in a million parts of air (900 ppm or 900,000 ppb) for a short time causes fatigue, dizziness, and headache.

The amount of chloroform normally expected to be present in air ranges from 0.02 to 0.05 parts of chloroform per billion parts of air (ppb) and from 2 to 44 ppb in treated drinking water.

So 0.02 to 0.05 ppb is to be expected in the air.
900,000 ppb will start to cause side effects in people breathing it.

That leaves alot of room for air samples to be suspiciously high (especially with the internet search) and high enough to effect the people near the trunk or the maggots in the trunk.

The way the chloroform information has been presented by LE leads a person to believe that they are using the presense of chloroform vapors in the trunk, along with the internet searches, to show premeditation. Wouldn't the testing lab inform them that chloroform could have formed from an accidental chemical reaction?

can't

Chloroform is stabilized with small quantities of amylene or ethanol, because exposure of pure chloroform to oxygen and ultraviolet light produces phosgene gas.

Didn't they say is was pure chloroform?

Thanks, but that makes me more confused. Don't the two statements I bolded seem to contradict each other?

Evaporates just means it leaves liquid form and becomes gas. Chloroform does that very quickly. It is still present and has further breakdown to go before it is actually gone.

That is exactly what I was just typing. I guess I don't know enough about this, but I never thought I would want to.

Chloroform is stabilized with small quantities of amylene or ethanol, because exposure of pure chloroform to oxygen and ultraviolet light produces phosgene gas.

Didn't they say is was pure chloroform?

There was a chemist speaking when the info first broke that said vaporized chloroform was present in the trunk and that meant it came from pure chloroform, not an byproduct creation of chloroform.

I have not been able to verify that info anywhere though. Nothing like a chemical information site to make me feel stupid.

Evaporates just means it leaves liquid form and becomes gas. Chloroform does that very quickly. It is still present and has further breakdown to go before it is actually gone.

I knew you were going to say that. :) I wish they'd release the lab reports, it would be interesting to know how much Chloroform was actually found in the air samples. We've heard everything from 'trace amounts" to saturation. If a decomposing body naturally releases chloroform gas, as someone has posted, were the amounts even higher than would result from decomposition?

Yes, it was Nancy who really stressed that Casey looked up how to USE chloroform, not how to MAKE it.

She could have searched both. She may have been finding out how to use it, where to get it, and if she could make it herself. I hate these unsourced statements, but the claims made are not mutually exclusive.

okay I'm throwing this out there, Did you no that there is a song called Chloroform Girl on my space and a video very disturbing ? Do the kids in Florida do chloroform for s3X Just saw the video since casey had so many men no telling what kind of behavior she had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932