All About Chloroform#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this has been mentioned I apologize, but there are a billion threads to read. Chloroform occurs naturally, even as part of human decomp. I know that forensic peeps were alarmed by the AMOUNT of chloroform...not the fact of it showing up. Does anyone know if pool chemicals, mixed with decomp, would cause this spike in quantity? It would not answer why chloroform was being searched...but I still have questions as to when and how that search occured (what exactly was being searched) and I am still VERY suspicious of the pool.
I totally believe the pool or pool chemicals were involved too. I believe that a high amount of chlorine mixed with decomp could explain it. (despite what has been reported). I believe this has been downplayed because of the fact that it would require the body to confirm this theory so LE is taking another route for conviction. I bet LE believes the pool was involved too. Sick, but what if she made her ingest the pool chemicals? While working in the ER, we had 2 suicides brought in in one year that drank pool chemicals.

I have not seen proof of the searches yet, and I anticipate learning all the facts at trial, but from where I stand right now, it's all too coincidental.

Casey researched chloroform prior to 6/15. High levels of chloroform were found in her trunk. Casey put that chloroform there in same way shape or form.

I don't deny any of the scientific facts about chloroform being naturally occuring, etc, but ya got to look at the pieces and fit them together, big picture.

jmo

Weffy, there is a pic depicting a woman and man on a date, smiling at each other, the man holding a cloth behind the woman's head as if he's about to smother her with a rag soaked in chloroform. The caption is "win her over with chloroform". I tried to search the websleuths website for it but couldn't find it.

have searched and searched and I came here in hopes that someone on this thread would have saved the picture. I seen it in the beginning but I cannot find it. I am also surprised that this has not been talked about more. How ironic that he (RM) would have a picture about chloroform and they found such amounts in her trunk. That is too close to home if you ask me. Especially, since I have never heard of chloroform in everyday life only in the movies. Now one of her bed mates also likes to think/use chloroform. I wonder why no one seems to think it has anything to do with this case. If nothing else maybe he is the one who gave her the idea.

There has to be someone on Websleuths that has the picture....HOPEFULLY???
:praying:

I missed the fact that the chloroform searches were prior to 6/15. I'd actually been looking to find that info to see just who was searching. If it had been searched night of arrest then I'd say the A's found a bottle while cleaning the car. But searches prior to 6/15 definitely paint a different picture!

have searched and searched and I came here in hopes that someone on this thread would have saved the picture. I seen it in the beginning but I cannot find it. I am also surprised that this has not been talked about more. How ironic that he (RM) would have a picture about chloroform and they found such amounts in her trunk. That is too close to home if you ask me. Especially, since I have never heard of chloroform in everyday life only in the movies. Now one of her bed mates also likes to think/use chloroform. I wonder why no one seems to think it has anything to do with this case. If nothing else maybe he is the one who gave her the idea.

There has to be someone on Websleuths that has the picture....HOPEFULLY???:praying:
It has been posted several times. I think you might find it on the first myspace/facebook thread. :)

LE has not confirmed the nature of the "chloroform" searches on her computer. It was only WFTV that broke out with the "searching for recipes" story, which of course NG ran with. WFTV has shown itself to be sort of tabloid journalism, if you ask me. What is so wrong about the theory that after seeing RM's pic about Chloroform on his myspace, that she did not know what it was and searched to find out? I don't believe that the purchase of or brewing of Chloroform has anything to do with Caylee's death. I am 100% in the belief that the Chloroform is pool or pool chemical related. It makes the most sense to me. (And I know many will argue what the experts have said). Let's hope they find her body, and there is tissue left. Until then, we wait. I will also wait until LE officially speaks about the Chloroform issue, and consider WFTV as hearsay. (WT"F"TV)

Wooohoooo. PattyG is the BEST!! She sent the picture to me. Ok, I do not know how to get the picture in my reply. UGH!! I do not have a place where I can store photos. Is there no way to copy and paste a picture? If not, then if anyone would like it PM and I can forward it to you.

there are very few if any cases or stories that emerge about chloroforming children on line. I was searching this because one of the NG pathologists claims there is a trend among young people who chloro their children so they can go party. I was looking for something to substanciate (sic) this claim, and I could not find a single story of this happening anywhere in our country or others. Seems like something put this idea in KC's head.

I think it's likely that the CSI TV show put gave KC the idea.

In an online profile, KC lists CSI as one of her favorite TV shows: http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about343085.html

In the CSI season finale that aired on May 15, 2008, a character was murdered and chloroform was found in his blood:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206158/synopsis

In addition, in the 2-part CSI Miami episode that aired March 31, 2008 and April 1, 2008, chloroform was indicated in two abductions -- including a case where a character named Calleigh was abducted, and chloroform was found on her car:

http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/ambush.shtml
http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/all_in.shtml

IMO!

There has to be someone on Websleuths that has the picture....HOPEFULLY???
:praying:[/QUOTE

This is the picture I remember.

http://www.imagepoop.com/image/1304/Win-Her-Over-With-Chloroform.html

I have not seen proof of the searches yet, and I anticipate learning all the facts at trial, but from where I stand right now, it's all too coincidental.

Casey researched chloroform prior to 6/15. High levels of chloroform were found in her trunk. Casey put that chloroform there in same way shape or form.

I don't deny any of the scientific facts about chloroform being naturally occuring, etc, but ya got to look at the pieces and fit them together, big picture.

jmo

Can you post a link for the part in bold? I thought there had been no confirmation of the date of the searches.

have the A's even offered an explanation yet for chloroform being in the trunk, or for the chloroform searches on the computer? I would love to know what their "reasoning" is behind that online search.

No comment has been made on this to date. I suppose we'll hear a "logical" explanation at the trial.

Can you post a link for the part in bold? I thought there had been no confirmation of the date of the searches.

No, that is why I said I haven't seen proof yet. I believe it though, nothing that has been "leaked" has been false yet.

I haven't seen anything on the effect of chloroform on flies so I looked myself. Everything I'm seeing is that fly's and maggots do not hold up to chloroform...at least not to the "pure" levels stated.

Here's an excerpt from a website stateing to use chloroform vapor to kill flies.

8.3.1 Killing the flies If good specimens of tsetse flies are needed for a collection, the flies are best killed by a poison vapour, rather than by squeezing the thorax which may damage the specimen.

Ether, chloroform or ethyl acetate vapour may be used to kill the flies. Ethyl acetate is the best, and is safer to use than the other fluids. It can be obtained as a liquid from large chemists. It is inflammable, so take care.

http://www.fao.org/docrep/009/p5178e/P5178E09.htm

I'm having my doubts at this point that chloroform was used in anything but clean up or setup.

I'm probably going to look like an idiot for asking this question, but has it been officially confirmed that there were flies or maggots in the trunk? If so, by whom?

I'm probably going to look like an idiot for asking this question, but has it been officially confirmed that there were flies or maggots in the trunk? If so, by whom?

Oops, now I look like an idiot x 2.

I did a search on this thread and didn't see this surfaced before. I didn't search previous "chloroform" threads...

FWIW, the use of chloroform is one of a few pathways for extracting THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) so it can be concentrated and used in other forms.

Not suggesting Casey would be doing this herself. Only observing that the Sutton Apt. crowd was allegedly coincidental w/ Casey's using pot. If there were more sophisticated & ambitious users in the group, they may have been involved in THC extraction, hence, chloroform may have been available for Casey to covertly obtain.

I won't attempt to reconcile this w/ any searches on Casey's PC...only offering this for consideration since I haven't seen it posted.

I wish we had the computer search info. At first I just felt KC stole it from the tattoo shop, since she steals so much, just for curiosity's sake on her part. But, we need to know about those searches. I think the THC idea makes sense though, still don't see KC as making that other stuff, was it meth? Too complicated and time consuming for her.

Cool JBean....Thanks! You are awesome.

Ok, I'm throwing this out there.

I believe that this wasn't just chloroform. I believe KC was helping someone make GHB if not trying to do it herself. Around this time her and Ric were "kicking it" and might possibly have been a group effort in using this drug. Some of this below might come as foreign language to some but it's very easy to do this:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ghb/ghb_faq2.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/mab.dabd.html

ETA: Ric's computer has been searched as we all know there was a picture of "win her over with chloroform".

I have been sitting on this for a few days and this is all My Own Opinion...MOO

Cool JBean....Thanks! You are awesome.

Ok, I'm throwing this out there.

I believe that this wasn't just chloroform. I believe KC was helping someone make GHB if not trying to do it herself. Around this time her and Ric were "kicking it" and might possibly have been a group effort in using this drug. Some of this below might come as foreign language to some but it's very easy to do this:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ghb/ghb_faq2.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/mab.dabd.html

ETA: Ric's computer has been searched as we all know there was a picture of "win her over with chloroform".

I have been sitting on this for a few days and this is all My Own Opinion...MOO

Hi Coley,

The thought of Casey having her own "laboratory" has crossed my mind too. I just did a search on "gas cans and drug use" (hoping I don't hear sirens) :eek: The following snip is in reference to Meth-- don't know if the cans are used in making other drugs:
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/state_factsheets.html

<SNIP>
"...A clandestine laboratory operator can use relatively common items, such as mason jars, coffee filters, hot plates, pressure cookers, pillowcases, plastic tubing, and gas cans to substitute for sophisticated laboratory equipment...."

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/state_factsheets.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member