All about Kristina Prevatt's jail house letter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find it hard to believe hard core illicit drug users would leave their drugs laying around to be taken by a child. Why would you need to drug a young child very late at night to go to sleep. They fall asleep on their own, she had been up early, full day of school. Full evening of playing, company, eating, movies, mind would just fall out between seven and nine pm. You could have a party at my house and never arouse them after they hit the pillow. Doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with everything except what I bolded, which I don't really disagree with but had a thought when I read it KL.

Almost every week we see a child has died from an accidental OD (or was caught at school with drugs and didn't know what they were..etc that kind of stuff) because their caregivers/parents left it within reach of the child.

I think children are so curious by nature, that even if it weren't left out completely in the open ~ there is a possibilty they could stumble across it KWIM?

So I'm not so sure a hard-core drug user wouldn't accidently leave something laying out and about ...

I wasn't following the convo, so I hope I didn't misread and misunderstand your response...LOL sometimes posting on these threads can be like walkin' into a flippin landmine. :D

I'm sure that most drug users don't want to share their drugs with the kids but stoned people can't be counted on to remember every precaution.

yeah, I can't imagine anyone leaving their pills out. If they're prescribed, you can't go back to the doc and tell him you lost some and expect to get more. and if you bought them on the street you surely wouldn't leave them out like candy because it probably cost you to get them! if you're a druggie I'm sure you're careful with your stash and wouldn't waste it on kids.

My girls fell asleep at 8pm every day. Wherever they were, whatever they were doing, at 8pm they were asleep. You could literally set your clock by them. They were up at 6, had full days, took a bath at 7, asleep by 8. My son? I don't think he slept more than 2 hours a night-if that! He was always hyper, if he slept it was a 'cat-nap'. (He is still that way as an adult!) Every kid is different! Most normal children who are up early, at school, playtime etc are sleepy by 8, if not sooner. JMO

Addicts will frequently hide/stash pills in different places around the house. Someone who is abusing prescriptions will do this in case someone else tries to stop the drug use by throwing out their pill bottle. If the pill bottle is tossed...they still have pills stashed.

btw...I work in an elementary school. I've seen a primary age student with a oxycodone pill. The child had no clue how it ended up in one of his belongings. He showed it to an authority. This child's parent did have a drug problem...and child services was contacted.
http://http://books.google.com/books?id=S0usnJnJKjUC&pg=RA1-PA978&lpg=RA1-PA978&dq=addicts+hide+drugs+around+house&source=bl&ots=yta35YHsLj&sig=feF-RZNQRuZ9VpMCDA9yJZaF0B4&hl=en&ei=y1O9SvalCIiwsgOCsKE7&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8#v=onepage&q=addicts%20hide%20drugs%20around%20house&f=false

I hope I copied the above web page correctly. It states how addicts will commonly stash/hide pills.

btw..I work in an elementary school. I've seen a primary age student with a oxycodone pill. The child had no clue how it ended up in one of his belongings. He showed it to an authority. This child's parent did have a drug problem...and child services was contacted.

I just talked to someone...the young child brought Acetaminophen-Hydrocodone not oxycodone to school.

I have been reading along on this site since the Anthony case. I recently joined and this is my first post. Here is my problem with the oxy theory. If anyone else has already posed these questions, then i apologize.

First of all i was troubled by the lack of details regarding the night in question. When u take any type of painkiller the effects of that drug are not even noticable for 20 to 30 minutes. So how do they know she took oxy. If they all the sudden noticed her having a reaction it would have been at least (my opinion) 15 minutes from the time she ingested it. So how do they know it was oxy. Many things at parties like this could have caused a bad reaction. ie achohol and other illegal substances. So how do they know she took oxy? did she have some more in her pockets or something. were there pills near her when she reacted? The only other possibility is that someone actually saw her take the pills. If that is the case then there would have been plenty of time to call an ambulance or head out to the local hospital. I do not believe for a minute that every person at that party would have gone along with the "hide the evidence" activity. someone would have gotten her to medical attention. Now way a bunch of people are gonna let a girl die in front of them,regardless of the activities taking place at the party. Even amongst a bunch of druggies. it just doesnt make sense to me. Also, as far as the theory that they slipped her some to make her sleep, this doesnt pass the smell test either. People who are addicted to painkillers are not gonna give up even a few pills for a child to sleep. they are too expensve to purchase illegally and too difficult to obtain legaly on a large scale. Its my opinion that it would have taken at least 4 pills to cause a child to die. I just dont believe that 1 or two pills could have done it. the only other way i can see this happening is if she took oxy and someone gave her a drink of alchohol. this combination is extremely deadly and even a small amout of both could cause someone to stop breathing.

Bold is mine-

Have you ever taken Oxycontin?? IMO- a 30mg. alone could kill a child this size.

Bold is mine-

Have you ever taken Oxycontin?? IMO- a 30mg. alone could kill a child this size.

I posted a quote from a pediatrician that spoke of this OLG upthread.

You both made the same conclusion.

I am a prescription drug addict currently in recovery. My addiction began when I was 12.. with pills I found in my home.

oh I didn't know it. Is it a drug that people get on the streets like they do crack or meth?

It can be but lots of docs prescribe it like it's nothing more than Motrin. It's quite easy to get, cheaper if you get a prescription for it than buying it on the street. But those who depend on it are willing to spend whatever it takes. It's not quite as popular as it was.. methadone has begun to take over as the new, IMO, overly and incorrectly prescribed pain medicine.

YouTube - Haleigh Cummings Mother Crystal Sheffield on Geraldo Part 1 starts around 5:30 or so I think

That is the clip of part of the 911 tape and the part about had nothing to do with this isnt part of the 911 call it is clips from interviews that start right after the 911 call clip - it is a clip from the interview were RC states she didnt have anything to do with it - clip of Mistys interview talking about putting to bed at 8 pm etc - it is not the 911 call.

Busy, you know one of the things that REALLY bothers me about this call? Misty says in the 911 call..in the same breath "I just woke up and our back door was open and I think ...and I can't find our daughter. It was about 10 o'clock-she was sleeping-I was cleaning"

bbm~Did she just wake up or was she cleaning? What was about 10 o'clock? I just can not chalk that up to being nervous, scared, etc. The truth would just spill out imo...if she was telling the truth.:snooty:

Thanks for posting that, I've heard it over and over again, but never really "heard" it, lol! I agree with you that the other part sounds like a snippet from something else..I can hear a child in the background. But WHEN did he say that? It defintely sounds like Ron to me.

What if it happened like this?

Misty was on a bender with WBG, she goes back to RC on Sunday night, after spending Monday "relaxing" with RC, she wants to get out of the house. RC is still in "jealous mode" from her weekend activities, so she attempts to get out of the house under the guise of "babysitting", they argue, my guess is RC has a temper and may have threatened MC, and he had hoped her fear of him would keep her at home. I also think he knew about the party that was happening and probably the whereabouts of WBG, it was a way to keep tabs on MC. MC decides she's going anyway, maybe Jr is already sleeping, but Haleigh's not so MC gives her an Oxy to get her to sleep, probable not the lowest dose one. I think MC goes into the party thinking everything is fine and then finds Haleigh dead? She panicks, she's wasted and that's all I've got.

I have been reading along on this site since the Anthony case. I recently joined and this is my first post. Here is my problem with the oxy theory. If anyone else has already posed these questions, then i apologize.

First of all i was troubled by the lack of details regarding the night in question. When u take any type of painkiller the effects of that drug are not even noticable for 20 to 30 minutes. So how do they know she took oxy. If they all the sudden noticed her having a reaction it would have been at least (my opinion) 15 minutes from the time she ingested it. So how do they know it was oxy. Many things at parties like this could have caused a bad reaction. ie achohol and other illegal substances. So how do they know she took oxy? did she have some more in her pockets or something. were there pills near her when she reacted? The only other possibility is that someone actually saw her take the pills. If that is the case then there would have been plenty of time to call an ambulance or head out to the local hospital. I do not believe for a minute that every person at that party would have gone along with the "hide the evidence" activity. someone would have gotten her to medical attention. Now way a bunch of people are gonna let a girl die in front of them,regardless of the activities taking place at the party. Even amongst a bunch of druggies. it just doesnt make sense to me. Also, as far as the theory that they slipped her some to make her sleep, this doesnt pass the smell test either. People who are addicted to painkillers are not gonna give up even a few pills for a child to sleep. they are too expensve to purchase illegally and too difficult to obtain legaly on a large scale. Its my opinion that it would have taken at least 4 pills to cause a child to die. I just dont believe that 1 or two pills could have done it. the only other way i can see this happening is if she took oxy and someone gave her a drink of alchohol. this combination is extremely deadly and even a small amout of both could cause someone to stop breathing.

Welcome! And great post for your first. Hope it's not your last.
The only sure way it would be known that it was oxy that Haleigh took is for oxy to be the only drug in pill form available at this supposed party.

Great thinking on the pill theory.

Who is partying on a monday night in February (it was chilly) in a mud hole and pond area? Doesn't seem likely to me...Jmo.

Haleigh had Turners Syndrome, right? I imagine that would make her more sensitive to a toxic reaction.

I am having a hard time believing the whole drug crew from the party managed to keep this quiet. Everyone involved looks guarded, like they know more. Can't believe how long it has taken and we still don't know what happened to that sweet little girl. I do not understand why RC if so innocent has stood beside MC, and supposely married her. I do not understand how MC could not know more that would help us find Haleigh.

Did they really drain that one pond? I figure the LE must know a lot more than they're saying. I think we'll find out more soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100
Back