All about Kristina Prevatt's jail house letter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the Oxycontin OD is a distinct possibility, but I wonder how it would've been given to her? Most 5 year olds won't swallow pills.

Since these are a bunch of druggies at a gathering, another possibility is that someone other than Misty gave Haleigh the Oxycontin, maybe even as a really stupid joke, to see how she'd respond to it or to deliberately knock her out cause they thought she was a pain, and in the way of their having fun.

That whole group could realize they are in deep chit, and wouldn't tell for that reason. But there's usually someone who can't keep a secret. Even if Misty didn't give Haleigh the Oxycontin, she would protect herself because she knows RC would say it was all her fault anyway for taking Haleigh over there.

Sadly, I think poor little Haleigh is gone. It's just a matter of locating her body, and then seeing which will want to use their "get out of jail free" card to rat out the truly responsible party. I'm betting it's a guy who did this, possibly dared by another one to do it. Then again, she may have died of alcohol poisoning or a combination of the two.

Ever seen some idiot give their dog beer because they thought it was funny to see the dog staggering around drunk? That's the kind of thing I'm thinking about happened here, only it went too far.

Ron is saying she had nothing to do with this - it is a clip from another interview -it isnt him talking to Misty at all. Just like Misty talking about the 8pm time isnt part of the 911 call it is a clip from an interview she did. Neither of these statements are on the 911 call.

If you will start the recording around 4:30 and listen for a few minutes, you will hear Ron say that to Misty.

Ron is saying she had nothing to do with this - it is a clip from another interview -it isnt him talking to Misty at all. Just like Misty talking about the 8pm time isnt part of the 911 call it is a clip from an interview she did. Neither of these statements are on the 911 call.

Geraldo announces that they are going to play the 911 call. They have the call without the background noise in it.

Karen here is the link again from post 233- the comments are NOT part of the 911 call at all - this clearly has the clip of a different interview were RC makes the comment below -the comments from several different interviews have just been added to Geraldo after a portion of the 911 call is played.

YouTube - Nancy Grace _ March 16, 2009 Part (1 of 5)

Here is a clip of the actual interview were RC says She had nothing to do with this, we both, I had nothing to do with this -(no where does it say we are *advertiser censored****) It is not part of the 911 call at all - video starting at 2:16

Geraldo announces that they are going to play the 911 call. They have the call without the background noise in it.

I find it hard to believe hard core illicit drug users would leave their drugs laying around to be taken by a child. Why would you need to drug a young child very late at night to go to sleep. They fall asleep on their own, she had been up early, full day of school. Full evening of playing, company, eating, movies, mine would just fall out between seven and nine pm. You could have a party at my house and never arouse them after they hit the pillow. Doesn't make sense to me.

I could not disagree more with your post. Drug users leave their narcotics out all the time- they get high and don't think about child endangerment. I live in the country and it happens here, I'm sure it happens there.

Karen here is the link again from post 233- the comments are NOT part of the 911 call at all - this clearly has the clip of a different interview were RC makes the comment below -the comments from several different interviews have just been added to Geraldo after a portion of the 911 call is played.

YouTube - Nancy Grace _ March 16, 2009 Part (1 of 5)

Here is a clip of the actual interview were RC says She had nothing to do with this, we both, I had nothing to do with this -(no where does it say we are *advertiser censored****) It is not part of the 911 call at all - video starting at 2:16

Busylady, you are indeed correct. Geraldo's producers stuck Ron's comments from an interview with the news media, at the very end of the 911 call.

In your video, at 5:17 Ron says " She had nothing to do with this. We're f--cked. I had nothing to do with this."

I can see Misty wanting to go to this "party" and giving Haleigh something to knock her out, yes even oxy. The way Misty describes Haleigh going to bed at 8:00...because "that is her bedtime" has always sounded like TMI, in my opinion. Also, when she talks about having to go and get Haleigh's clothes that she wanted to wear to school that day, there is obvious resentment in her voice. Didn't the elderly man (that was robbed) say that Misty had said she was tired of watching "other people's kids" ? I hope the answers come soon.

I guess they've been looking for a live Haleigh in fields and ponds? Well heck, it doesn't sound like LE has much searched for a live Haleigh much either. What's a person supposed to think? The recent comments er lies, and basic attitude by Ryan have me scratching my head. IMO, he's bound and determined to make us think the sky is red even though we all know the sky is blue. Why????

"Basically, because of this irresponsible journalism, they killed this little girl off in the media," Ryan said. "We're still of the mindset that this child is alive, and we're going to continue to pursue it as such until we know. Otherwise, frankly, it's perpetuating more drama."

This is a fairly common LE practice, but a rather poorly worded and tasteless version of it. Basically LE at this point will almost never admit publicly that they are looking for anything other than a live child. At least until they actually choose to charge someone with the crime or have solid confirmation that the child is deceased. Even though they strongly suspect that the child is probably dead, until they know they will use this pretty standard line (although without the drama and comentary Ryan seems to have attached to it.) Basically saying they think she is dead turns this into a formal homicide investigation, which much like declarring someone a suspect, can have an impact on witnesses.

It is however interesting to note that NayNay's letter claims Joe dropped her in the middle of a homicide investigation. So which way do you think LE is really going? Most LE spokesman will tactfully deny certain things. They may skirt the borders of lying or not reveal alot. Ryan seems a little clumsier and more hamhanded at it then most.

faefrost, you put that much better than I did.

ETA: it's as if he's chastising and putting people down for seeing the obvious. Not a good tactic.

Wasn't Haleigh's inhaler found on the side of the road, along with NayNay's keys?

JMO - but who says Haleigh even had an inhaler? Yes, there was a nebulizer in the background of a vid, but inhalers are not used on younger children, are they?

Besides BLS being led on the wild goose chase by Cobra [iirc and IMO], is there anything else pointing to Currie Road in San Mateo? tia

If the letter was written by NayNay, think about who could have told her about an affidavit if that part is true. Maybe LE is mad she got the info out in the public.

I guess I'm in the minority here because I don't think there IS any signed/sworn affidavit. NayNay's letter says that LE has one, not that she saw it. I think LE TOLD her they had one to see what they could shake loose. All they seemed to accomplish was that NayNay then scrambled to put an alibi in place with her letters. LE can and does lie sometimes when questioning people. It makes sense that LE doesn't want or need to investigate the contents of the letter because the subject matter was their own creation. JMO, of course.

If the letter was written by NayNay, think about who could have told her about an affidavit if that part is true. Maybe LE is mad she got the info out in the public.

Because they are a corrupt bunch who don't care about finding out what happened to Haleigh & prosecuting the perp(s) and accessories to the crime?

Just wondering.

I guess I'm in the minority here because I don't think there IS any signed/sworn affidavit. NayNay's letter says that LE has one, not that she saw it. I think LE TOLD her they had one to see what they could shake loose. All they seemed to accomplish was that NayNay then scrambled to put an alibi in place with her letters. LE can and does lie sometimes when questioning people. It makes sense that LE doesn't want or need to investigate the contents of the letter because the subject matter was their own creation. JMO, of course.
I agree with you

While LE will and can lie in this matter when interogating someone, I think the simple fact that they did drain the pond lends some creedence to them having some fairly strong or compelling info from somewhere. While they will lie all they want, actually draining a pond is a massive undertaking that involves other agencies, often the courts, and at the very least spending carefully measured out budget dollars. They would not do so just to scam a witness.

Now we don't know with any degree of certainty that it was Joes testimony or a sworn affidavot that had them draining the pond, but sofar NayNay's story is the only one we have seen that points in that direction, so it may have some degree of credibility. At the least it should not simply be dismissed as a LE lie.

Great, well written post that I can get along with, faefrost. I agree 100 percent. Nay, Nay clearly wants two things with this letter - Send her money and back up her alibi.
jmo

Kind of weird that she would forget to ask for the $$$ until she finished the letter. [The one I saw had the request for $$$ added to the top, above the body of the letter. I hear there are 3 of these letters. Ya reckon she's keeping triplicates of everything?]

JMO.

Why would she write and ask Jerome for $$$ ??? Or is this letter supposed to be to Donnie? [I have no idea why she would ask him, either. jmo.]

Just wondering.

While LE will and can lie in this matter when interogating someone, I think the simple fact that they did drain the pond lends some creedence to them having some fairly strong or compelling info from somewhere. While they will lie all they want, actually draining a pond is a massive undertaking that involves other agencies, often the courts, and at the very least spending carefully measured out budget dollars. They would not do so just to scam a witness.

Now we don't know with any degree of certainty that it was Joes testimony or a sworn affidavot that had them draining the pond, but sofar NayNay's story is the only one we have seen that points in that direction, so it may have some degree of credibility. At the least it should not simply be dismissed as a LE lie.

Is this letter what led LE to drain the ponds?

jmo - but I don't think so, and I don't mind considering evidence pointing to the contrary.

Is this letter what led LE to drain the ponds?

jmo - but I don't think so, and I don't mind considering evidence pointing to the contrary.

The pond search was already in process. LE either got a very good tip or that sworn statement prompted the pond search.

Sworn statement/tip
Pond search started
Nay Nay brought in for questioning
Nay Nay writes letter

This is my understanding how this all went down. Someone correct me if I have this wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back