All Sauvie Island Searches

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is my belief that they mentioned the deer bones only because the headline about "bones" had already come out and they may have been trying to stem rumors that bones had been found before they started...this case has been chock full of rumors at the slightest thing, better to address it I guess...

Ya think? I just find it really interesting that this is the first true piece of information to come from MCSO that we've heard. I don't think it has anything to do with the ridiculous comment made by that reporter who said we're looking for bones. JMO And yes, this case has been chock full of rumors, that's why I find this particular quote interesting, because for once, it's not a rumor. Anyone else wonder why all of a sudden, they actually gave the public some information? They absolutely could have said "no comment" like they have in the past, but instead they tell us they found nothing on SI. Does that have something to do with the "mystery of SI"? Is there no more mystery? I don't know, just thinkin'.

Ya think? I just find it really interesting that this is the first true piece of information to come from MCSO that we've heard. I don't think it has anything to do with the ridiculous comment made by that reporter who said we're looking for bones. JMO And yes, this case has been chock full of rumors, that's why I find this particular quote interesting, because for once, it's not a rumor. Anyone else wonder why all of a sudden, they actually gave the public some information? They absolutely could have said "no comment" like they have in the past, but instead they tell us they found nothing on SI. Does that have something to do with the "mystery of SI"? Is there no more mystery? I don't know, just thinkin'.

I don't know, sometimes a horse is just a horse, or whatever the saying is. I am so over trying to read into the few words uttered by LE from time to time. I took it to mean what they said.

I don't know, sometimes a horse is just a horse, or whatever the saying is. I am so over trying to read into the few words uttered by LE from time to time. I took it to mean what they said.

Exactly, I don't think it had anything to do with the reporter's comment "looking for bones", as you originally posted.

I may be wrong, but this is the first time LE has actually shared any of their discovery with the public. I find it fascinating that they finally have and I wonder why?

Billylee, I think you may be on to something! I think they want the 'person of interest' to think that 'nothing' has been found... let her... um this person feel a false sense of security. I, for one, think they have much MORE than we know, and I don't think this is unintentional, if ya know what I mean!

Billylee, I think you may be on to something! I think they want the 'person of interest' to think that 'nothing' has been found... let her... um this person feel a false sense of security. I, for one, think they have much MORE than we know, and I don't think this is unintentional, if ya know what I mean!

My thought exactly. The lack of communication from LE has been like

:banghead:. Sometimes I'm not sure about what I think anymore. :waitasec:

So you think that LE was lying to the public in that statement, that they really did find something on Sauvie in this search, but lied in a statement?

I frequently see this belief posted, that LE lies to the public and the press, but I don't subscribe to it myself. It's my understanding that LE has an obligation to uphold the trust that the public puts in them, and lying to the public like that, particularly if they did as frequently as I see people believe they do, and particularly when they are as specific as they were in this statement, would erode that trust terribly.

My opinion.

So you think that LE was lying to the public in that statement, that they really did find something on Sauvie in this search, but lied in a statement?

I frequently see this belief posted, that LE lies to the public and the press, but I don't subscribe to it myself. It's my understanding that LE has an obligation to uphold the trust that the public puts in them, and lying to the public like that, particularly if they did as frequently as I see people believe they do, and particularly when they are as specific as they were in this statement, would erode that trust terribly.

My opinion.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with most of it, but would you feel the same way if it were to protect their investigation? Just a question, I really always admire your thoughts and opinions.

ETAA: certainly calling LEO 'liars' was not my intention.

ETA: I also wouldn't consider it lying- I would say more along the lines of not revealing that they actually did find some evidence that they weren't ready to divulge- or to admit the find could hamper their investigation, am I making any sense? I feel like an Anthony- mistruths... half-truths etc. I am implying something altogether different.

I guess I'm kinda looking at the statement through a different lens. IOW, since they told us they found nothing on SI, will they only tell us when they find NOTHING? They searched the school two or three times for evidence and clues and they never told us anything. Does that mean they found something, clues, or evidence at the school?

Or does the fact that they found nothing on SI which has been searched I think 3 or 4 times, mean it is now ruled out as a location where Kyron may have been murdered? Does that put us back at Kyron being murdered at the school? Does it mean LE is going back and starting over?

I just find it interesting and it made my wittle bwain start thinking about it again.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but there have been times when LE says that a particular person associated with an investigation into a crime "is NOT considered a person of interest" when in fact they are, and for the purpose of furthering the investigation, they make that statement, then we find out much later on, the person WAS a 'suspect' and LE was gathering the evidence to prove it. I would NOT call LE liars in such a circumstance, nor am I willing to now, if in fact they DID find something of significance during their search of Sauvie Island.

All of this is my opinion only.

I guess I'm kinda looking at the statement through a different lens. IOW, since they told us they found nothing on SI, will they only tell us when they find NOTHING? They searched the school two or three times for evidence and clues and they never told us anything. Does that mean they found something, clues, or evidence at the school?

Or does the fact that they found nothing on SI which has been searched I think 3 or 4 times, mean it is now ruled out as a location where Kyron may have been murdered? Does that put us back at Kyron being murdered at the school? Does it mean LE is going back and starting over?

I just find it interesting and it made my wittle bwain start thinking about it again.

As of July 22, they hadn't found anything of Kyron's, according to LE (Staton), so at that timeframe, it would include the school. I can't remember what other searches had been done by that date.

Staton said investigators have not found any items that belong to Kyron

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99041199.html[/QUOTE]

I too find it curious that with as little as MCSO has released, that they would release this about finding nothing but the junk piles and deer bones. Maybe they're getting a lot of those goofy tips Staton mentioned that impede the investigation efforts, and they're about Sauvie, and they're trying to quell them? There was that poster somebody put up looking for that trash bin or whatever it was. I dunno.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with most of it, but would you feel the same way if it were to protect their investigation? Just a question, I really always admire your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you, Frigga. :)

No, I don't think LE needs to say anything, or to make something up, or to lie, in order to protect an investigation. My understanding is that to protect an investigation, they say nothing or 'no comment'.

Again, they have an obligation to uphold the public's trust in them.

MOO

My opinion.

I don't know about this case or how frequently it happens but there are instances where LE feels like it's best to purposefully obscure the truth. It seems to have happened in the Phuong Le case:

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-phuongle0615,0,1723680.story

Obviously their mandate is to solve the crime so as long as they are working towards that, as opposed to covering up corruption, it's okay with me. But I'm sure we could come up with gray areas, like assurances made when LE knows a predatory killer is on the loose.

I think if LE had found something, they would have been back out there, searching for more clues right away before weather or elements could move or change or destroy things.

I believe in this case they were stating the facts, they did not find anything useful and are probably trying to decide if they have enough reason to make plans for more large searches out there.

As of July 22, they hadn't found anything of Kyron's, according to LE (Staton), so at that timeframe, it would include the school. I can't remember what other searches had been done by that date.

Staton said investigators have not found any items that belong to Kyron

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99041199.html

I too find it curious that with as little as MCSO has released, that they would release this about finding nothing but the junk piles and deer bones. Maybe they're getting a lot of those goofy tips Staton mentioned that impede the investigation efforts, and they're about Sauvie, and they're trying to quell them? There was that poster somebody put up looking for that trash bin or whatever it was. I dunno.[/QUOTE]

Another interesting statement. Maybe it's just the way Staton talks, why not say investigators didn't find any evidence. Or did they? All he says was they found nothing that belonged to Kyron. Gosh, I've lost track of time here, when did it become a "criminal case"?

I too find it curious that with as little as MCSO has released, that they would release this about finding nothing but the junk piles and deer bones. Maybe they're getting a lot of those goofy tips Staton mentioned that impede the investigation efforts, and they're about Sauvie, and they're trying to quell them? There was that poster somebody put up looking for that trash bin or whatever it was. I dunno.

Another interesting statement. Maybe it's just the way Staton talks, why not say investigators didn't find any evidence. Or did they? All he says was they found nothing that belonged to Kyron. Gosh, I've lost track of time here, when did it become a "criminal case"?

BBM. June 13 I think.

The only other thing coming to mind is the Aug 11 presser when Gates said they hadn't received any evidence that Kyron isn't alive. There were a few similar statements earlier, but I think that's the most recent on Kyron being alive and specifically evidence.

I wonder if LE is now "done" with Sauvie Island?
Will we see any more large, organized searches for this little boy?

Or will we just see, some day, a crime scene being set up when a local citizen makes a horrifying discovery?

21 weeks today, very hard to believe. I remember reading about Kyron on June 5th, it seems like it just happened, on the one hand, and yet it seems he has been gone forever.

I wonder if LE is now "done" with Sauvie Island?
Will we see any more large, organized searches for this little boy?

Or will we just see, some day, a crime scene being set up when a local citizen makes a horrifying discovery?

21 weeks today, very hard to believe. I remember reading about Kyron on June 5th, it seems like it just happened, on the one hand, and yet it seems he has been gone forever.

BBM

I suspect that LE is now done with Sauvie Island, unless they get some really good tips or some hard evidence is found by some member of the public.

It's pretty easy to infer that they haven't found anything to date because they kept coming back. I think Staton was preparing people, in a sense, for no more searches.

For some reason, I've always felt Sauvie Island was a red herring. I have no good basis, no evidence whatsoever, just a feeling that it's one of those leads happens in many cases: seems very probable, seems very promising but is ultimately found to have no real connection to the case.

An example of such a lead would be the search for white vans during the DC sniper case. For awhile, LE was definitely focusing on white vans but it turned out to be just a red herring. The snipers never had anything to do with a white van.

It's totally depressing not to hear a word of any searching for Kyron anymore!!

All the threads are about court hearings, sexting, cool electrical projects....blah,
blah,blah.......

How about... Where is Kyron??? Where is his body????

I only wish that LE in Portland had cared as much and worked as hard from
day 1 to find Kyron as the investigators in Hickory NC. are working to find
the answer to the Zahra case!!

All the threads are about court hearings, sexting, cool electrical projects....blah,
blah,blah.......

the answer to the Zahra case
!!

I know for a fact they have been working their tails off and they care deeply about this little boy. Have you not watched the press conferences with Gates and Staton getting choked up? :(
I think they would give anything to know the answer to where he is and they are trying their best to find him.

blah,blah.......

the answer to the Zahra case!!

Not finding Kyron does not necessarily mean they haven't been trying. They have been working their tails off!

If Terri would just tell them what she did, it would be easy to solve this mystery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230
Back