All Sauvie Island Searches

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Todays my husbands bday. When I told him about the search he said it would be the best birthday gift ever to bring Kyron home today. Seeing I have the best husband in the world I think we should give him the best gift in the world. Let's bring Kyron home!

Does Mountain Dale Rd. extend onto Sauvie Island? Not from Oregon, so I'm clueless on the geography.

Todays my husbands bday. When I told him about the search he said it would be the best birthday gift ever to bring Kyron home today. Seeing I have the best husband in the world I think we should give him the best gift in the world. Let's bring Kyron home!

Its my birthday today too and I am really hoping for my birthday wish to come true.... For Kyron to come today.

http://sauvieisland.org/
The website says that "
The wildlife area is open to the public mid-April through September and closed to hunting permit only over the wintering months."
Since today is the first day of hunting season there may have been a bunch of foot traffic out there. Maybe someone found something strange.

free is out there right now and calling me with updates; will post if she reports something.
It's a beautiful day now, the clouds have burned off.
Lifeflight just went out that direction about 10 minutes ago (there are other things that direction tho).

Best person to have on the scene for sure! :)

This is good news. If they are not successful today, which I hope they are MOST DEFINITELY oh please, I hope there are more searches to come. Thanks Kat010.

Go free! Find him girlfriend!!

I wish they would search all around Kyron's school again too. A huge effort. People arm length apart, step by step. And I wish they would search the Hormans property again (if they have already) with search dogs. I read some man's dog hit on a scent and there's some controversy with him or something? but they don't have to have him part of the search. Another dog search team would be fine.

Thank you, free, for going to search for Kyron! May God bless your search!

Sauvie Island lies approximately ten miles northwest of downtown Portland, Oregon and is accessed by a sole bridge from US 30.

http://sauvieisland.org/

Related? I see this up on the incident map (linked upthread):

ASSIST CITIZEN/OTHER AGENCY
N BURGARD RD/N TIME OIL RD
Oct 02 at 3:17 PM

This is Time Oil Rd:

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQnwIwAw

I remember going up there ages ago with my grandpa a couple times for errands for his job. Kind of a creepy industrial area just the other side of the water from Sauvie Island. Right on the railway lines, a lot of importing and shipping stuff is there (why we were there).

Wait! Isn't Sauvie Island where one of Kyron's friends lived on a houseboat? And either his stepfather or step-grandfather is a retired police officer? No, no...not Mountain Dale.....aaargh. Must research files.

Help!

Portland LE was apparently finally invited to join the task force, and the first thing they do is search where her phone was pinging at on June 4.

Not that one of her friends didn't take it there for her though.

But yeah, follow the pings, wherever they go.
Search around the stores where she was that morning.
Follow the clues, man.

If she did it, you gotta prove it.
Don't let that million dollars be wasted.

Thank you to Portland Law Enforcement for new eyes, and minds on this case.
May Kyron be found soon.

Related? I see this up on the incident map (linked upthread):

ASSIST CITIZEN/OTHER AGENCY
N BURGARD RD/N TIME OIL RD
Oct 02 at 3:17 PM

This is Time Oil Rd:

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQnwIwAw

I remember going up there ages ago with my grandpa a couple times for errands for his job. Kind of a creepy industrial area just the other side of the water from Sauvie Island. Right on the railway lines, a lot of importing and shipping stuff is there (why we were there).

O crud o crud... excellent catch pugglesworth. Unfortunately, previous searches have been directly across the river from there (and also from Kelley Point Park).
3:17.. this is late in the day for a search that was going already at 7am.

Does Mountain Dale Rd. extend onto Sauvie Island? Not from Oregon, so I'm clueless on the geography.

I don't know that road name and can't find it.. Is it all one word? There is a Mountaindale Road out by Pumpkin Ridge, but it doesn't connect to Hwy 30.
As noted, there is only one road to get on and off the island.

This was just posted on twitter from KOIN:

KOIN_Local_6 Kaine Horman on today's search: "They continue to follow up on leads, tips with search and rescue when needed as they said they would."
14 minutes ago via TweetDeck

(hope I'm allowed to post that)

Does not sound as if the search is based on new info to me :(

The free Report:
She talked to a Columbia County sheriff (he does patrol out there normally)... he says searches are scattered all over the island.

She saw them at various places, off Reeder Rd incl on the beach, before nekkie beach (my interpretation..about between MP 10 & 11.. locals, this is near the public beach, where the berm is on your right & you have to climb the stairs to get over..)
She's seen lots of horse trailers & thinks there's lots of equine search, saw searchers using ATVs. Some fields have been cropped down already. Visual searching from roadway.
The local news will have good pics, she took some.
Overall impression: the search is not specific, not confined to one area, they are up, down and all around the main portion of the island.

dagnabit, she's going to call back later.. parking is a problem out there and she didn't want to invade the SAR base but someone just came along on foot?
Anyway, hopefully that answers some Qs.

Oh, I told her what Mary L from MSCO said about this search not being started because of specific tips but because they want to be thorough and she says it tracks for her. It's just too all over the place.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReignThompson
Back