All Sauvie Island Searches

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't like it either, and it worries me that there were only five K-9 searchers, which makes it pretty easy for LE to deduce who said it. We need ALL those K-9 people (and more, IMHO), and I don't want anyone kicked off the search parties for letting information out. Bad journalism.

I think it is possible that different groups are looking for different things. If these were cadaver dogs, they would be looking for bones at this point--but other groups may be looking for other types of evidence.

If LE believes that Kyron's body is indeed on Sauvie Island, something more than a phone ping must be at play here. JMO
I'm sure TH's phone pinged all sorts of places that day, but why are they now again concentrating on Sauvie and not all those other roads they were interested in?

If LE knows that TH was at the FM stores when she says she was and at the gym when she says she was. Can anyone figure out just when TH would have had time to take a deceased Kyron out to Sauvie Island and somehow dispose of a body? Just wondering if anyone has tried to determine the time line here that would involve TH being on Sauvie Island.

If LE believes that Kyron's body is indeed on Sauvie Island, something more than a phone ping must be at play here. JMO
I'm sure TH's phone pinged all sorts of places that day, but why are they now again concentrating on Sauvie and not all those other roads they were interested in?

If LE knows that TH was at the FM stores when she says she was and at the gym when she says she was. Can anyone figure out just when TH would have had time to take a deceased Kyron out to Sauvie Island and somehow dispose of a body? Just wondering if anyone has tried to determine the time line here that would involve TH being on Sauvie Island.

Between the 2nd FM and checking in the gym, 90 min or so.

Completely and totally my opinion only but I really do not like that they used something supposedly "overheard" as a headline on this news page. I don't like it at all. :(

Me neither. It struck me as pretty careless journalism.

These people have been working with this family for 4 months.

122 days.

They have watched for 122 days as this mother and father do not know where their child is.

They know that these parents believe their child is alive.

That headline has got to be one of the most heartless things I have ever seen.

When you add in the fact that it was careless, there was absolutely NO reason to print that. None.

Just basic human decency would tell you, this is probably a bit brutal when it didn't even come from law enforcement. They overheard it, so there wasn't competition with other stations. Law enforcement has commented on the search, so they had statements.

Kyron's family knows what they are looking for on Sauvie Island. They are not idiots. They don't need to be graphically reminded that their child would be nothing but bones at this point. Maybe they have been able to avoid thinking about that.

They could have even just said that they overhead a searcher saying something that implied they were not looking for a live Kyron.

I know it's not reasonable...but I so hope that none of Kyron's family saw it. If it made me cry, I can't imagine what it would have done to Desiree.

This is why I couldn't go into journalism. I'm unbelievably heartless. But not that heartless. I will be completely avoiding Nancy if she talks about Kyron...my stomach cannot handle that.

Thank you thank you thank you MissF. :hug: You summed up very eloquently what I am feeling. I myself couldn't type what I was feeling... too sad and angry..... <3

Anyone know if searches are continuing on the island today?

Thank you thank you thank you MissF. :hug: You summed up very eloquently what I am feeling. I myself couldn't type what I was feeling... too sad and angry..... <3

Lunch time news says no one is out there today but will probably be out again next weekend. (watching KPTV they also mentioned smaller searches this week)

Just wondering if anyone has tried to determine the time line here that would involve TH being on Sauvie Island.

I just tried:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5653269&postcount=334"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The 90 minutes Terri spent driving around--Do you believe it?[/ame]

It's kind of sad to think there will be another 5-6 days passing before the searchers resume, even if we understand the reasons...sad to think that more days and nights will pass with Kyron being whereever he has been for 4 months and his parents not knowing...

I know it is not feasible for them to search every day but if they truly had a good lead, I think they would be out there again today...

You're welcome.

It is all volunteers...who have other jobs. They may not have the option of searching during the week I would imagine?

On Monday, authorities said the search had been halted, but it may resume next weekend.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-searchers-comb-Sauvie-Island-104215589.html

I don't understand why they don't call Texas Equusearch?? I wonder if they know about them?

That is a good point, now that they are searching a specific location, Texas Equisearch would be a good idea...it would not be like trying to search all of Portland, although SI is big, is it contained. It seems like the kind of locale that would be right up their alley.

A searcher at Sauvie Island let it slip while speaking to his dog.

"On this balmy Sunday, searchers were instructed not to talk to the media or discuss their tactics. However, we did overhear one searcher with a dog – one of five dogs sniffing over Sauvie Island Sunday – say "Bones, we're looking for bones."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104248539.html

This seems to indicate that the searchers are looking for a dead Kyron. :(

I will be in PDX area in a couple of weeks and wondered about how to volunteer for being part of the search team - does anyone have info or a link where I could find out more info?

Hi Matou....

Yes, I have to assume that if they are looking in fields and brush on SI 4 months later, they would not be looking for a live Kyron.
I hate to upset anyone who does not want to think he is gone, but I have felt he has been gone since day one.
I do hope, hope, hope....that something is found.
Just my very sad opinion....

I guess maybe Desiree may have known something about this search and is adamant that Kyron is still out there and alive, since LE stated that there is nothing to indicate that he is dead. I feel terrible for her. His bones would be small and likely scattered from any wildlife on the island.

I wish they would search every day or call in Texas Equisearch at this point, so that SI can be ruled out once and for all, or Kyron could be found...this seems like a job for them now that LE is concentrating on a specific area. I hate to think they (LE) can only do a bit every 5-7 days...:(

I will be in PDX area in a couple of weeks and wondered about how to volunteer for being part of the search team - does anyone have info or a link where I could find out more info?

To date, they have discouraged anyone from volunteering to search, using only official SAR teams as far as I have seen.
But, you could always check on the Mountain Wave or Pacific Northwest SAR teams websites.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back