All Things Dick Cheney

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
girasole said:
Perhaps you could also encourage Laura Bush to speak to the art of stop sign etiquette so as to not kill the drive who has the right-of-way. Or Congressman Janklow might give a recitation on how not to kill a motorcyclist while Reps are drunk driving. Or that 'other' Bush brother could give a class on the finer points of banking. Or the current President on how to cut down on the Social Security by starting wars so as not to have quite so many collecting SS in 40 years.

There is plenty blame to go around......it's not all in one place. Yes, this is fun. Thanks for the laughs. :rolleyes:

I am having a bad day but your intelligence is appreciated. You always just call it and let the chips fall where they may.

Sherlockmom said:
>Or the current President on how to cut down on the Social Security by starting wars so as not to have quite so many collecting SS in 40 years.<

Isn't that what abortion is for?

Sherlockmom

No, it is what the cutbacks in Medicaid are for. The poor will die off early, preferably before they reach adulthood. If they can't exercise personal responsibility and get out of poverty on their own, its just too darn bad. :angel:

scandi said:
Usually laughter is the best medicine, and in a non-serious situation it was fine.

Where I get upset is when the doctors say Oh, this kind of trauma helps all the time and is not unusual. And then when the President starts making jokes about it and since they need time to assess his true condition it is held back from the media.

And of course now that Mr W is going to be in the hospital for at least another week and infection from the shot inside his body could be a primary concern, it is much more serious than anyone thought. I was surprised to learn they aren't taking out this metal. I wonder how many wounds he really had? I heard someone say there were hundreds of little shot in that casing. He probably has many pieces of shot reunning thru his system!

Scandi
Scandi, they would do many times more damage, in the removal, as compared to the original wound. Many of these pellets will work their way out over time, if Harry Whittington lives long enough. I'll be able to come up with a rough number of pellets, he absorbed, with just a little more information.

Choke % shot in 30 in. circle at 40 yard range*
cylinder (no choke) 25-35
improved cylinder 35-45
modified choke 45-55
full choke 65-75

Approximate* spread of shot (in inches) at various ranges (in yards)
--------5 yards 10 yards 15 yards 20 yards 30 yards
Cylinder 8 20 26 30 40

SHOTGUN AMMUNITION
Average weight of pellets (c)
No. Diameter (in.) Grains (a) Milligrams Approximate Number. per oz (b)
Birdshot
size 8 .09 1.07 69 410

Shot Pattern Density Calculator

http://www.rfgc.org/reload/pattern_density_calc.htm

The standard load size for a 28 gauge shotgun is 3/4 oz.

There are 185 pellets in a 30 inch pattern at 30 yards (the alleged distance Whittington was from Cheney when he was shot).

A=pi(rXr)
A=3.1416 X 225 sq in = 706.86 sq. in.

Injured area (in square inches)/706.86 square inches X 185 pellets equals the approximate number of pellets in Whittington. How does that sound??

luthersmama said:
No, it is what the cutbacks in Medicaid are for. The poor will die off early, preferably before they reach adulthood. If they can't exercise personal responsibility and get out of poverty on their own, its just too darn bad. :angel:
That's another reason GWB wanted to initiate the "you're on your own" SS Savings Plans now, before the rest of us eventually realized that the burden for supporting Social Security, down the road, would fall on the wealthy of our country (afterall they are the ones that have the money). The wealthy can see this coming.

Chris Matthews had a Dr. on his program tonight who said that the media reporting this "heart attack" are misleading the public. The heart complications arose only from the bird shot that had apparently travelled to the heart & the Dr.'s will have difficulty locating the bird shot to remove it.

Oh my, are we surprised that when the "accident" was first announced it was just that the victim got a spray & was just fine.

Following the Dr.'s report one of the commentator's said "well they were quick to say that there was no horsing around or drinking, in Texas there is no hunting without horsing around & drinking. Personally I found that very enlightening for I would have no idea.

Now I will say that if I had ever caused harm to another human being I would be there at the hospital to get them their water & anything else I could, but is Dick Cheney, no he makes a phone call & has some ridiculous information passed out to the press. Shouldn't be surprised the male has no conscience, IMO.

Becba said:
They are playing this all wrong. If this guy dies, won't it be in hind sight in very bad taste for the Pres?
Now with the posters on the board I think it is letting off some steam.
I do think Cheney didn't speak about this because he is in fear of the man dying.

In fact Becba, I just heard Joe Scarborough tell Rita Cosby that he is not doing well at all and there is talk he might turn for the worse. I surely hope he'll be strong enough to fight the problem, but this afternoon I heard he has between 6 to 200 buckshot in his upper head shoulder area. Chris Matthews spent a lot of time on the story, and several said that with Mr W's health having taken a turn for the worse the story will broaden across the media.

I just now heard that about he is not doing well at all, and you know Joe, he might be making it sound more serious than it is. But how do we really know!

Are you from Alaska Becba? Just wondering. :p

Scandi

scandi said:
In fact Becba, I just heard Joe Scarborough tell Rita Cosby that he is not doing well at all and there is talk he might turn for the worse. I surely hope he'll be strong enough to fight the problem, but this afternoon I heard he has between 6 to 200 buckshot in his upper head shoulder area. Chris Matthews spent a lot of time on the story, and several said that with Mr W's health having taken a turn for the worse the story will broaden across the media.

I just now heard that about he is not doing well at all, and you know Joe, he might be making it sound more serious than it is. But how do we really know!

Scandi
Scandi, if he has 200 birdshot in him, Cheney shot him at almost point blank range, and not 30 yards as advertised. I'm estimating that he has at most about 40 pellets in him, and that should be on the high side, based on the size shot, and the distance.

There was an early report that says 40 pellets. I don't know how accurate that is but judging by the accident report and diagram of the injury area, it has to be at least that. I would also guess, based on the concentration of all those pellets in a restricted area in the head and upper chest area on one side of the body that the victim was MUCH closer than 30 yards. I'm thinking no more than 30 feet (and that is probably conservative).

scandi said:

Scandi
Dang it I am from Florida. I got asked if I was from Alaska when I had my first child in FL and they exposed my fishy white skin. LOL
I am wooried as you are. This guy is 78, Cheney has still not come out publicly. I am worried he knows this guy may die and the doc is trying to be optimistic like the whole Chaney camp.
From the incident drawing he was covered in very iomportant area. The fce in the mouth and chin, the neck and mostly in the chest.
If the guy was laughing and joking like they say it must be from medication. Doubt if he can even speak out of his mouth.

concernedperson said:
I am having a bad day but your intelligence is appreciated. You always just call it and let the chips fall where they may.

CP, I am sorry you are having a bad day. I find it positively inane when people have to resort to the misfortunes of one political party to deflect the misdeeds of another. But since there is an effort to do so, I thought it should be presented as a more thorough recounting of inccidents evenly distributed. Anyone can play that game. It isn't an exclusive club. We're not the Bilderbergs.

girasole said:
CP, I am sorry you are having a bad day. I find it positively inane when people have to resort to the misfortunes of one political party to deflect the misdeeds of another. But since there is an effort to do so, I thought it should be presented as a more thorough recounting of inccidents evenly distributed. Anyone can play that game. It isn't an exclusive club. We're not the Bilderbergs.

I have to agree with CP that we can always count on a thoughtful and smart post with the facts from you Girasole!
It would be so wonderful if we could go to the polls and vote for the perfect and correct political party except we are not perfect and correct - we are humans. I enjoy a little humor in my life and I know you do too!:)

Cypros said:
There was an early report that says 40 pellets. I don't know how accurate that is but judging by the accident report and diagram of the injury area, it has to be at least that. I would also guess, based on the concentration of all those pellets in a restricted area in the head and upper chest area on one side of the body that the victim was MUCH closer than 30 yards. I'm thinking no more than 30 feet (and that is probably conservative).
I didn't see, or hear, of that early report. I was just using the information I googled, and using a high side of my calculations. I'm thinking he was closer than 30 yards too.

improved cylinder 35-45
modified choke 45-55
full choke 65-75

Cylinder 8 20 26 30 40

SHOTGUN AMMUNITION
Birdshot
size 8 .09 1.07 69 410

There are 185 pellets in a 30 inch pattern at 30 yards (the alleged distance Whittington was from Cheney when he was shot).

A=pi(rXr)

Injured area (in square inches)/706.86 square inches X 185 pellets equals the approximate number of pellets in Whittington. How does that sound??

Buzzm1 said:
I didn't see, or hear, of that early report. I was just using the information I googled, and using a high side of my calculations. I'm thinking he was closer than 30 yards too.

improved cylinder 35-45
modified choke 45-55
full choke 65-75

Cylinder 8 20 26 30 40

SHOTGUN AMMUNITION
Birdshot
size 8 .09 1.07 69 410

A=pi(rXr)

Like a thousand times worse than we have been told. And the guy is 78. We maybe the generation that goes down in history with a VP that kills a man and yacked a name to the press that could get a CIA person killed.

mic730 said:
I have to agree with CP that we can always count on a thoughtful and smart post with the facts from you Girasole!
It would be so wonderful if we could go to the polls and vote for the perfect and correct political party except we are not perfect and correct - we are humans. I enjoy a little humor in my life and I know you do too!:)

Funny you should say that. LOL

Your are so correct in your thinking here. We are all human in our votes, in our wisdom. Sometimes we fail in both areas, sometimes we surprise even ourselves and come out ahead of the game.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back