All things Meter Reader UPDATE: No Reward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doesn't matter, IMO. If he was willing to pony up that reward he should have had the facilities to handle tips! I mean come on... I know the guy is FAR from a rocket scientist but even he has to know that you have to man the phones when you expect people to call. Unless he was talking out of his, um.... other end again, just like KFN and the A's. And how convenient for Leonard to rescind the reward publicly after she's been found. :rolleyes:

ITA with everything you said totally. But mainly the bold.

OK folks, if THEY can all find loopholes, SO CAN WE! OK, he is a County employee and cannot accept rewards/gifts. FINE. When we find out his name, we need to sleuth and find out the names of his children - prepaid college would be a great reward that he himself didn't receive! A new car drives up and the keys left on the doormat - free hotel stay and tickets to Disney for him and family, just shows up in his mailbox - etc.

How about the "GonzXXX family trust account"? Monies could only be spent on the WHOLE family - they can't control his family right? The family isn't employed by the county. An account like this could benefit the whole family through insurance payments, tax payments, mortgage payments - Prepaid gift cards - Mastercard, Visa, etc -sent anon. to his house could be for his wife, kids, parents, etc...not a gift directly to him -

you get the picture?? NOW, we just need a name (address would be great too but don't post it)...

If all else fails - he should quit then reapply for the job in a year or get a job with another close county!!!
No. Don't do that. I have had to turn back many gifts; some of them quite valuable. When the gift was perishable and could not be returned, it was donated to a hospital or charitable organization in the donor's name. It is part of the ethics requirement that goes with the job. No bonuses at Christmas time like in private industry. No extra rewards or gifts of any kind when you are doing something on the job or related to the job. Everything is reported. In some jurisdictions, it is a criminal act to get unauthorized rewards or gifts, so you don't want to participate in that. The fact that the gifts are turned back by public servants helps show that the system of government is not driven by fraud and corruption. That is part of what makes this nation a great nation.

How painful it is to read that a man so worthy of a reward is not able to accept it!!! This just breaks my heart. I will hold on to my optimism in that Mr. Meter Reader will receive a handsome reward in some way or another.

Be rest assured he has added a another beautiful jewel in his crown when he arrives in heaven. And who's to say that little Miss Caylee might be there to greet him with a hug and a big thank you =)

Thanks so very much for taking the time and having the forethought to check out that bag Mr. Meter Man! God bless you and your family and may you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! I truly hope and pray that you will receive some type of reward. It is clear to me by the 911 call that he was aware of the case and IMO it is exactly why he checked it out.

Lastly can you all imagine the nightmares this poor guy will have after finding something so very truly horrible?! It makes me so very sad for him.

The meter reader is just one of the many people who will have nightmares about the scene of the scattered remains of a child. His reward is that he was chosen to find the site and solve the murder. Being chosen is not always a joy ride.

LP pulled that reward off the table before the last TES search.
He talked about it on NG.

When he said it I remember thinking that maybe he was donating it to TES instead and that's why he took it off the table.
And that's why it stuck in my memory.

I'm sure the County will honor Mr. G with a good citizen award.
Sometimes it's not always about the money.
I think being appreciated is worth more than gold.

IMO.

drumstick, I also remember LP pulling the reward off the table awhile ago, just like you said. I sure wish everyone would quit knocking Leonard. I thought we were supposed to stop bashing LP! Personally, I love the guy! :blowkiss:

IMO this hero is not interested in the reward, he was very aware of Caylee missing. If he had been thinking about the reward, he could have not called in his find, get ahold of his wife or someone and have them discover her body and call it in. He was not thinking about money, his heart and his mind was on something much more important! Bless him!

VB

If people would like to do something, why not make a donation in his honour?

I heard one reporter say a person has to call Crimeline (?) before 911 in order to get the reward. This doesn't make any sense to me. Who would not call 911 if they found a dead body and how many people even know the number to the one he should have called in order to collect the reward ?:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67
Back