All things Meter Reader UPDATE: No Reward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isn't there some way to set up a fund for the meter man through a bank or somewhere? I would contribute!!!

No matter how much money this man eventually gets, it will never erase that image from his mind....Never. :(

Hugs to the meter man and his loved ones. :hug: He is another of KC's many victims, whose life will never be the same again.

The poor man must be having nightmares. :eek:

KC's victim line is getting awfully long, but only one victim paid with her life.
:mad:

LP was on our local country radio station this morning. He said the meter man is an employee of the county. Thus, he is not allowed to accept gifts or rewards. LP also stated that he is working with the county to try and assist the gentleman somehow.

Isn't there some way to set up a fund for the meter man through a bank or somewhere? I would contribute!!!

EXACTLY !!! I was thinking the same thing. Even if people donate 50 cents or $1, or whatever they could. A bunch of $1 add up to a lot !!! Would WS do something like this among the members ? Or are there legal issues that would need to be addressed ?

LP was on our local country radio station this morning. He said the meter man is an employee of the county. Thus, he is not allowed to accept gifts or rewards. LP also stated that he is working with the county to try and assist the gentleman somehow.

I mean, if people sent $100 or $10 to him, he'd have to send it back ?? It's not from an "organized" charity...or LE reward.

LP said the man deserves a reward and will cut a check if the remains prove to be Caylee.

He withdrew his original reward when people were tearing up private property.

Thank you, Patty G. LP and TM don't deserve the bashing, even if they don't agree with each other.

I wonder if the meter reader's last name is what has the A family suspicious of the circumstances surrounding the discovery.

Him finding Caylee is Providence, he was supposed to be there!
I hope he can rest his mind from the horror he saw, I hope he will find the peace and the hope we all feel for the justice about to be meted out.

There have been so many wonderful words of thanks to the meter reader, is there any way that we could get a print out of those thank yous and have it delivered to him? He must be having an awfully hard time right now, and I think it may give him some measure of comfort or peace to know just how much he is appreciated and how he has touched us.

Well, shame on him for not thinking of himself first and how to best profit from his horrific discovery. Shame on him for faithfully following the procedures his employer pays him to follow. And, I'm sorry, but shame on Leonard for offering him $5K to $10 K, instead of at least 25K. And what IS 5K to 10K? anyway? $5.1K? $7.5K? I wonder what LP would have paid him if he called LP with his discovery first????

I mean, if the guy didn't have enough greedy instincts to at least dash off to buy a disposable camera and trample the scene getting pictures that he could sell for a fortune today, he deserves to be cheated on technicalities by all these pompous do-gooders.

Look, it's not that I think he deserves $50K for relieving himself, but an offer of a reward should be honored. From now on the Tiplines should have a bold warning: "Call us, not 911, or you won't qualify."

Wow, I'm on a soapbox tonight, aren't I... I'm going to bed. Sorry for the rant.

:clap: Excellent rant! Make room for me on that soapbox! :clap:

It was a meter reader who found the remains that could be Caylee Anthony. He's having a tough time and does not want to talk with the media and he is so disturbed by what he found his bosses have given him some time off of work.

from Orlando News

poor guy!

This gentleman has already earned a greater reward than money. Do we think cash will make his horrific discovery any easier for this man to live with? God bless him and if LP somehow see's fit to offer this monetary compensation are we even sure this individual wants it? I just pray he finds peace in his heart.

OK folks, if THEY can all find loopholes, SO CAN WE! OK, he is a County employee and cannot accept rewards/gifts. FINE. When we find out his name, we need to sleuth and find out the names of his children - prepaid college would be a great reward that he himself didn't receive! A new car drives up and the keys left on the doormat - free hotel stay and tickets to Disney for him and family, just shows up in his mailbox - etc.

How about the "GonzXXX family trust account"? Monies could only be spent on the WHOLE family - they can't control his family right? The family isn't employed by the county. An account like this could benefit the whole family through insurance payments, tax payments, mortgage payments - Prepaid gift cards - Mastercard, Visa, etc -sent anon. to his house could be for his wife, kids, parents, etc...not a gift directly to him -

you get the picture?? NOW, we just need a name (address would be great too but don't post it)...

If all else fails - he should quit then reapply for the job in a year or get a job with another close county!!!

Thanks, thanks, and more thanks for your full bladder that day...God sent you in there to help...that's all I keep thinking. May god bless you and your family...Take care and thank you....

It was a meter reader who found the remains that could be Caylee Anthony. He's having a tough time and does not want to talk with the media and he is so disturbed by what he found his bosses have given him some time off of work.

from Orlando News

poor guy!

Very sad. I hope he gets all the time off and help he needs. It would be such a bittersweet thing to find Caylee's remains.

Is it true that his last name is Gon-----? where did someone see that at?
If it is true:eek:
KARMA..
Just like OJ being found guilty exactly 13 yrs from the day he was found innocent

Mr. Meter Reader (Sorry, we do not know your name at this time) ~
I cannot imagine how difficult and traumatic it was to find the bag, and I won't pretend to know. I do not know what you are feeling or thinking at this time. What I do know is that you are an amazing man. Many people would have looked past the bag or ignored it. Many people, when realizing who the remains might belong to, would have called the media. You handled yourself with grace and respect. Be assured you showed more respect for the child you found than the person who placed the child there. If the remains turn out to be those of Caylee Marie Anthony, you should know that you have brought closure to more people than you realize. There are people thoughout the country who have adopted Caylee into their hearts, and your discovery has brought her home. If it turns out not to be Caylee, you have still brought a child home. No one, especially a child, deserves to be left in the woods in a garbage bag. While I am sure this has been a difficult experience for you, please know that you have brought someone's child home. Someone who was loved either by family and/or others. You have given a child the chance for a proper burial and resting place. I do not know if you believe in a higher power, but I personally believe you were sent to bring those remains "home". I pray that you are able to see, understand, and feel the good that you have done. I pray you do not suffer from the discovery, and if you are having problems, that you either find help, or help finds you. You are a wonderful man who is deserving of a special place in Heaven.

Thank you for having to water the lilies. Take the money, donate it to Eco search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back