All things Meter Reader UPDATE: No Reward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
do you think his last name is just a remor that someone thru out there?

http://www.wftv.com/news/18285004/detail.html

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla offered a $50,000 reward for Caylee's body, but pulled the money when people complained searchers were tearing up their yards looking for remains.

"I don't want to get sued," Padilla said.

Still, Padilla plans thinks the meter reader deserves some kind of reward and he plans to write him a check if the remains belong to Caylee.

"It's going to be a figure between five and ten grand involved easily," he said. "Nobody looks at bags out here in these palmettos, they just walk by it. This guy had the foresight to go over and do it."

do you think his last name is just a remor that someone thru out there?

Cocoamom thought she heard his first name to be xxxxxxx and then others have said his last name is xxxxxxx, I have not seen links or confirmation of either but I believe Cocoamom when she says that is what she heard.
Yes, I hope that is is name because right now I want to believe something good and divine led us to Caylee, so today and tonite I don't really care if it is confirmed or I have a link, it feels good right now.:)

it could be a nightmare for him though....if that is his last name...I hope its not....I would hate for him and his family to become victims of KC
Im going to stop asking questions....for now...I dont want to stir up anymore gossip :) thanks for responding! all will come out in the wash...is what my mom always said....I dont need to put the soap in.....i will wait and see what if anything comes of it....:)

it could be a nightmare for him though....if that is his last name...I hope its not....I would hate for him and his family to become victims of KC
Im going to stop asking questions....for now...I dont want to stir up anymore gossip :) thanks for responding! all will come out in the wash...is what my mom always said....I dont need to put the soap in.....i will wait and see what if anything comes of it....:)

Yes, it could be. I just hadn't thought of it that way at all. No I don't want him or his family to be hurt by this in any way at all. I'll shut up too.:)
I edited my previous post.

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla offered a $50,000 reward for Caylee's body, but pulled the money when people complained searchers were tearing up their yards looking for remains.

Still, Padilla plans thinks the meter reader deserves some kind of reward and he plans to write him a check if the remains belong to Caylee.

"It's going to be a figure between five and ten grand involved easily," he said. "Nobody looks at bags out here in these palmettos, they just walk by it. This guy had the foresight to go over and do it."

I didn't click on your link for "proof" but trust that if LP said he WILL still issue a $5-10k check I'll be happy. (Surely LP can afford this).
Hope his work insurance will cover ANY and ALL "sick days" he may need to take and ALL counseling visits. This man did not ask for this to happen to himself. He is yet ANOTHER victim of KC.

Dear Sir:

I am very thankful that you had to pee. And I hope your name is no Sheppard because that would just be too weird.

Seriously though. You handled it fabulously calling 911 right off and not contacting media.

Just where DOES the german shephard pee? On a fire hydrant. What was this meter man doing out there that day? Researching water lines for new fire hydrants...

I wonder if he peed first, or found the bag first...

Hero is a bit strong of a word, alert & inquisitive maybe, but not really a hero.

Hero is not a strong enough word. There IS no word for the deed which this man has accomplished and all in a days work. He is MY hero for sure...and more, much much more.

His name has not been released and there is no reward money any more. So, who should compensate him?

His reward is that he helped to solve the murder of a child and to put her murderer behind bars. No other reward is necessary.

There was a reward advertised and promised and it should be made good. This man has saved the day and did not HAVE to do it. He could have just went about his business. He deserves a million dollars as far as I am concerned, at least.:)

Earlier this evening I swear I heard the live feed on Fox Orlando say they were trying to contact the man that discovered Caylee's remains but he won't answer the door or talk to them. And, they referred to him as "Mr. Gonzalez".

Now, don't get me wrong, I know Gonzalez is an extremely common name but what are the chances the man that would find Caylee have the same last name as the non-existant Nanny.

KARMA!!!!

You hear that Casey? His name is Gonzales...congratulations, you have managed to turn the very UNIVERSE against you. Good show.:bang:

Sheesh, seems everyone finds some way to wiggle out of paying the reward. What a shame.

I agree 100%! Hey chilly! We agreed on something...is this the end of the world?:blowkiss:

in the article, it says LP will give him areward of between $5,000 & $10,000 once it confirmed as Caylee.

LP-Please keep your word! Thsi poor man deserves much more for his part in solving this, and for the trauma he's been through as yet another of KC's victims...
Well that IS something then.

This just hit me as I was scrolling down reading posts. KC made up an imaginary nanny whose last name is Gonzalez and the person who ends up finding Caylee's body which will be the glue to her serving LWOP last name is Gonzalez!! If that's not karma, then ...

KARMA! Divine Intervention! The Natural Law/Reap what is planted! Call it what you will it's a BIT@H ain't it Casey?:woohoo:

The public needs to raise a stink. He'll get the reward, if they yell loud enough. This happened here awhile back - forget the exact circumstances - but some fella was wanted, another saw him and called it in. Tipline didn't want to reward him.

Public raised a stink - he got the money.

As well - in the psychic tips that were released, a psychic stated this (paraphrased):

"Said Caylee is by a tree off a grassy road. No specific location. Where the german sheppard pee's."

We laughed at this tip hysterically. It was by far the funniest thing I heard, I laughed at it for days.

Joke's on us.

who would have thought?:eek:

It is? Because I still don't put any stock whatsoever in what the "psychic" said. I don't believe any of that stuff, any more than I believe my horoscope is accurate, though I can always relate it to something in my day, however trivial.

The man who found her remains should be rewarded, period. Many of the reward promises by KFN and the A's didn't have any qualifiers, at least not that was reported by the media. The KFN poster just says "reward" without any qualifiers.

She was missing, she's been found. Whether she was deceased or not, found accidentally or not should make no difference as far as the reward is concerned.

Pay up, Padilla, KFN and the Anthonys.
Yeah, pay up.

LP said last night on I think GR that he was not doing the 50,000 any longer since he said he was getting overwhelmed with tips before they found the remains.
Bah humbug!

Ok Leonard...that is better, now stand by it! Please? I have a hard enough time defending you without your renigging on your own offer!:waitasec:

Well, shame on him for not thinking of himself first and how to best profit from his horrific discovery. Shame on him for faithfully following the procedures his employer pays him to follow. And, I'm sorry, but shame on Leonard for offering him $5K to $10 K, instead of at least 25K. And what IS 5K to 10K? anyway? $5.1K? $7.5K? I wonder what LP would have paid him if he called LP with his discovery first????

I mean, if the guy didn't have enough greedy instincts to at least dash off to buy a disposable camera and trample the scene getting pictures that he could sell for a fortune today, he deserves to be cheated on technicalities by all these pompous do-gooders.

Look, it's not that I think he deserves $50K for relieving himself, but an offer of a reward should be honored. From now on the Tiplines should have a bold warning: "Call us, not 911, or you won't qualify."

Wow, I'm on a soapbox tonight, aren't I... I'm going to bed. Sorry for the rant.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you for a much better post than I could possibly put together...

IMO, LP offered the 50,000 publicly....there was NEVER any public removal of that offer...and IMOO, he sure looked uneasy on NG when the question was asked about the reward.

Kidfinders? Ppppfffftt....$ goes in, none goes out....

Honestly. A guy takes a whiz on the place where the German Shepard pees. He deserves something, at least peace of mind, and a sense of well done. It would be great if he got something for his boldness and clear head.

But no, some WSers want to kick him to the kerb. Why? What will satisfy?

Pick, pick, pick, LP then TM the other person, then another. Nag nag nag.

Unless you can be there, and most of us are not, lay off.

Back to the case: who murdered Caylee and why how when.

Recall who the death dealer is?

Well, shame on him for not thinking of himself first and how to best profit from his horrific discovery. Shame on him for faithfully following the procedures his employer pays him to follow. And, I'm sorry, but shame on Leonard for offering him $5K to $10 K, instead of at least 25K. And what IS 5K to 10K? anyway? $5.1K? $7.5K? I wonder what LP would have paid him if he called LP with his discovery first????

I mean, if the guy didn't have enough greedy instincts to at least dash off to buy a disposable camera and trample the scene getting pictures that he could sell for a fortune today, he deserves to be cheated on technicalities by all these pompous do-gooders.

Look, it's not that I think he deserves $50K for relieving himself, but an offer of a reward should be honored. From now on the Tiplines should have a bold warning: "Call us, not 911, or you won't qualify."

Wow, I'm on a soapbox tonight, aren't I... I'm going to bed. Sorry for the rant.

Doesn't matter, IMO. If he was willing to pony up that reward he should have had the facilities to handle tips! I mean come on... I know the guy is FAR from a rocket scientist but even he has to know that you have to man the phones when you expect people to call. Unless he was talking out of his, um.... other end again, just like KFN and the A's. And how convenient for Leonard to rescind the reward publicly after she's been found. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it a call in question on NG when this first came up? Alot of us sure have scrutinized the players body language in the case...

LP was looking very uncomfortable when that reward was brought up...my jaw dropped...and then he said it was withdrawn because people were getting into other peoples backyards?

WEAK! As a poster said long ago about LP..."all hat, no cattle." :cow:

I believe he cares about Caylee...and wants justice...but he is pretty transparent.

Honestly. A guy takes a whiz on the place where the German Shepard pees. He deserves something, at least peace of mind, and a sense of well done. It would be great if he got something for his boldness and clear head.

I havent read any where that says anyone wants to kick him to the curb??? huh???:confused:
we all are happy he found Caylee and I think everyone wants him to get something for his fast thinking and calling LE

I'm not understanding your post. Please clarify. Everyone is standing with the meter man 100 percent.

No matter how much money this man eventually gets, it will never erase that image from his mind....Never. :(

Hugs to the meter man and his loved ones. :hug: He is another of KC's many victims, whose life will never be the same again.

LP said last night on I think GR that he was not doing the 50,000 any longer since he said he was getting overwhelmed with tips before they found the remains.

I thought it was because people were trampling lawns? He should still do the honorable thing and pony up the $50k, IMO.

Honestly. A guy takes a whiz on the place where the German Shepard pees. He deserves something, at least peace of mind, and a sense of well done. It would be great if he got something for his boldness and clear head. But no, some WSers want to kick him to the kerb. Why? What will satisfy? Pick, pick, pick, LP then TM the other person, then another. Nag nag nag. Unless you can be there, and most of us are not, lay off.

Umm, Friday was being sarcastic. She wasn't seriously slamming the guy for doing the right thing. Read her post again and I'm sure you'll catch it. ;)

FRIDAY said:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post

F.Y.I, Friday is a good friend of Tim Miller, and a generous contributor to TES who also happens to sit on their board of directors, if I remember correctly. She has been kind enough to come to WS and share many details about the searches and much more with all of us. If anyone is qualified to speak about LP and his recent antics, I do believe she's on the list.

Honestly. A guy takes a whiz on the place where the German Shepard pees. He deserves something, at least peace of mind, and a sense of well done. It would be great if he got something for his boldness and clear head. But no, some WSers want to kick him to the kerb. Why? What will satisfy? Pick, pick, pick, LP then TM the other person, then another. Nag nag nag. Unless you can be there, and most of us are not, lay off.

Umm, Friday was being sarcastic. She wasn't seriously slamming the guy for doing the right thing. Read her post again and I'm sure you'll catch it. ;)

FRIDAY said:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post

Sarcastic parts bolded by me for ease of understanding :D

F.Y.I, Friday is a good friend of Tim Miller, and a generous contributor to TES who also happens to sit on their board of directors, if I remember correctly. She has been kind enough to come to WS and share many details about the searches and much more with all of us. If anyone is qualified to speak about LP and his recent antics, I do believe she's on the list.

LP pulled that reward off the table before the last TES search.
He talked about it on NG.

When he said it I remember thinking that maybe he was donating it to TES instead and that's why he took it off the table.
And that's why it stuck in my memory.

I'm sure the County will honor Mr. G with a good citizen award.
Sometimes it's not always about the money.
I think being appreciated is worth more than gold.

IMO.

*snipped by me*

Friday is also a famous author and has a witty way of writing... I, for one, caught her "subtile nuances" :blushing:

Friday,
I couldn't believe the man's last name is G-------. That is most certainly a "nudge". I found great pleasure in reading that about his name...sort of like a slap in the face to KC...LOVED IT....simply LOVED IT.

Lady Sleuth
jmho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico