All things Meter Reader UPDATE: No Reward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would bet that the last thing on his mind is the reward. Can you just imagine how upsetting the finding of a baby's skull would be? Especially when you weren't looking and just going about nature's business. This is different than a searcher who has the mindset to know it is a possibility. But, sometimes this is God's way to get help for missing people...unlikely hunters have found many bodies over the years. Maybe it is the purity of it all. I don't know but I am glad he was around to began to bring justice for Caylee.

My heart goes out to this man, can't imagine what he and his family is going through right now. He will never be able to rid the image of those little remains, not to mention every media *advertiser censored* is sure to make his life miserable for the next few months. He will also have to take time off to testify in court possibly. This man deserves that reward and should receive it!!!!! Mr. Meter Man, God Bless you...and may you find great comfort in the fact that you brought little Caylee home to us all. She will now be able to rest in peace.

Mr Meter Man

Thank you so much for looking more closely at that bag in the bush. I'm sure you still have many conflicting feelings, including regarding ever getting out of bed on Dec 11. But here we all agree you did a good thing.

I hope all the stress this has given you gives way to peace in your heart and mind knowing sweet baby Caylee will be home by Christmas.

God Bless you Sir and Blessed Holidays to you and yours.

anyone found out his name yet??? I'm dying to know. Of course, if he is determined to NOT be eligible for the reward, we have our own Websleuth ideas don't we?

After all, we donated tons of money a dollar at a time to TES, to food and drink for the searchers, etc right??? We should be able to come up with something for the guy....

I sure hope he holds out for the big $$ for interviews later from all the shows (NG, Today, etc - you know - all the shows the A's made THEIR money from)!!!
----------------
Could we send a few dollars each to the sheriffs dept. anonamously and tell them its for the meter reader? If so count me in.

How sad...You should get an award! My prayers go out to you. It must be very hard for you to go through finding a little baby.

No Reward For Meter Reader Who Found Skull
Monday, December 15, 2008 – updated: 6:18 pm EST December 15, 2008

<snipped>
That phone call makes the meter reader ineligible for a $5,000 Crimeline reward. To collect the reward, you have to call Crimeline first before you call 911.

"You have to initiate a tip with Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS," explained Detective Barb Bergin, Crimeline. "We don't have enough money to pay rewards to everyone who calls 911."

Bergin encourages people to call 911 if there is an emergency, but Crimeline calls are answered 24 hours a day.

VIDEO REPORT: No Crimeline Reward For Meter Reader
http://www.wftv.com/video/18285136/index.html

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18285004/detail.html

I understand Crimelines criteria... what happened to Kid Finder/Anthony family 225,000 reward and Larry Padilla's 50,000 reward?

or was finding Zanny included in both to collect?

Good deeds are just that.... let others toss nickels into a bucket hoping to catch the end of the rainbow. :)

This just hit me as I was scrolling down reading posts. KC made up an imaginary nanny whose last name is Gonzalez and the person who ends up finding Caylee's body which will be the glue to her serving LWOP last name is Gonzalez!! If that's not karma, then ...

Thank heaven for this man!!!! Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart :blowkiss:
Because of you, Caylee can now receive the dignity she so deserves, because of you, her remains will no longer be scattered about, because of you, possibly some time later a young child will not be the one to find what you did! The day you found Caylee I do believe the angels were guiding you.
Because of you there will be no more false sightings being reported, the list just goes on and on, and of course, when trial begins there can be no spin on how Caylee is still alive and no one has been looking for her.

When all is said and done I believe there will be a reward for this man, the people who love Caylee will see to it that he is honored!

VB

This is so infuriating! The man didn't read all the rules before the call was placed, oops sorry. I thought in an emergency 911 is the first call one is supposed to call. OMG this pizzes me off. Someone does the right thing for a change and then is punished for doing the right thing but when the A's do everything WRONG somehow they are endlessly rewarded like nights and meals at THE Ritz WTF?

Well, shame on him for not thinking of himself first and how to best profit from his horrific discovery. Shame on him for faithfully following the procedures his employer pays him to follow. And, I'm sorry, but shame on Leonard for offering him $5K to $10 K, instead of at least 25K. And what IS 5K to 10K? anyway? $5.1K? $7.5K? I wonder what LP would have paid him if he called LP with his discovery first????

I mean, if the guy didn't have enough greedy instincts to at least dash off to buy a disposable camera and trample the scene getting pictures that he could sell for a fortune today, he deserves to be cheated on technicalities by all these pompous do-gooders.

Look, it's not that I think he deserves $50K for relieving himself, but an offer of a reward should be honored. From now on the Tiplines should have a bold warning: "Call us, not 911, or you won't qualify."

Wow, I'm on a soapbox tonight, aren't I... I'm going to bed. Sorry for the rant.

This just hit me as I was scrolling down reading posts. KC made up an imaginary nanny whose last name is Gonzalez and the person who ends up finding Caylee's body which will be the glue to her serving LWOP last name is Gonzalez!! If that's not karma, then ...

Karma..it will getcha' every time.

I so agree. I add that to the fact that it was also Tim Miller's birthday, and I truly believe that God smiled down on all of us who cared so much and prayed so hard. I mean, really, Mr. "Gonzalez????." If that isn't a "nudge" from the Almighty, what is? :) Um...in my most humble opinion.

How do you know his last name is Gonzolez.....please give a link to the info
if that is true.....the defense will have a feild day with it....ugg....

Wow, I'm on a soapbox tonight, aren't I... I'm going to bed. Sorry for the rant.

The public needs to raise a stink. He'll get the reward, if they yell loud enough. This happened here awhile back - forget the exact circumstances - but some fella was wanted, another saw him and called it in. Tipline didn't want to reward him.

Public raised a stink - he got the money.

I so agree. I add that to the fact that it was also Tim Miller's birthday, and I truly believe that God smiled down on all of us who cared so much and prayed so hard. I mean, really, Mr. "Gonzalez????." If that isn't a "nudge" from the Almighty, what is? :) Um...in my most humble opinion.

As well - in the psychic tips that were released, a psychic stated this (paraphrased):

"Said Caylee is by a tree off a grassy road. No specific location. Where the german sheppard pee's."

We laughed at this tip hysterically. It was by far the funniest thing I heard, I laughed at it for days.

Joke's on us.

How do you know his last name is Gonzolez.....please give a link to the info
if that is true.....the defense will have a feild day with it....ugg....

Link?

If this is indeed true...Well, WOW...just WOW!:eek:

The public needs to raise a stink. He'll get the reward, if they yell loud enough. This happened here awhile back - forget the exact circumstances - but some fella was wanted, another saw him and called it in. Tipline didn't want to reward him.

As well - in the psychic tips that were released, a psychic stated this (paraphrased):

"Said Caylee is by a tree off a grassy road. No specific location. Where the german sheppard pee's."

We laughed at this tip hysterically. It was by far the funniest thing I heard, I laughed at it for days.

Joke's on us.

It is? Because I still don't put any stock whatsoever in what the "psychic" said. I don't believe any of that stuff, any more than I believe my horoscope is accurate, though I can always relate it to something in my day, however trivial.

The man who found her remains should be rewarded, period. Many of the reward promises by KFN and the A's didn't have any qualifiers, at least not that was reported by the media. The KFN poster just says "reward" without any qualifiers.

She was missing, she's been found. Whether she was deceased or not, found accidentally or not should make no difference as far as the reward is concerned.

Pay up, Padilla, KFN and the Anthonys.

I understand Crimelines criteria... what happened to Kid Finder/Anthony family 225,000 reward and Larry Padilla's 50,000 reward?

or was finding Zanny included in both to collect?

Good deeds are just that.... let others toss nickels into a bucket hoping to catch the end of the rainbow. :)

LP said last night on I think GR that he was not doing the 50,000 any longer since he said he was getting overwhelmed with tips before they found the remains.

I feel that "German" should receive the reward, even if she is no longer with us.

This had to be a traumatic experience for him. He MUST be a good person, considering if he wanted to, he could have taken cell pics and sold them for a small fortune !

WE NEED TO MAKE SOME NOISE i THINK !

Joke's on us.

I can't tell you the times I rolled my eyes at that one, I even made comments to Turbothink to dig everytime the dog weeweed. I guess the Good Lord saw fit to roll his eyes at us.:)

LP said last night on I think GR that he was not doing the 50,000 any longer since he said he was getting overwhelmed with tips before they found the remains.

Doesn't matter, IMO. If he was willing to pony up that reward he should have had the facilities to handle tips! I mean come on... I know the guy is FAR from a rocket scientist but even he has to know that you have to man the phones when you expect people to call. Unless he was talking out of his, um.... other end again, just like KFN and the A's. And how convenient for Leonard to rescind the reward publicly after she's been found. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back