All things swine flu (H1N1)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
~ Respectfully snipped ~
Today, Florida is reporting 20 potential cases of swine flu in southern Fl.
http://www.miamiherald.com/swine-flu/story/1024998.html

Quoted from the above article: "Suspected cases in Broward are also sent to a state lab in Miami, but Broward County Health Department spokeswoman Candy Sims wouldn't discuss numbers.
''There may have been many samples submitted for testing, but that's all I can say,'' she said."

So how many is MANY? And exactly what does MAY mean? Maybe samples were sent, maybe they weren't - nyah nyah - but you can't guesssssss.

I'm sorry - but that is just SAD. Just say what the hell is going on. We are not stupid - you don't have to protect us. You do us more harm by lying, spinning or camafloging the truth, then you do by just speaking the truth. Biden has gained a 100 million points in my opinion by just being honest and saying he would tell his family not to travel right now.

There would be a lot less hysteria if there was more HONEST discussion of what is ACTUALLY happening.

Salem

Sorry for the rant.

I'm sticking with the Flying Pig Flu. :D

Now this one really fits - right? Because it is a combination of the swine and bird flues?

Should I send my sister an email letting her know the pigs are flying now :crazy::crazy:

I need to go take a nap. :crazy::crazy:

Salem

From Reuters:

Five additional state agencies have confirmed cases. This is in addition to the 11 states confirmed by the CDC today.

Delaware, Colorado, Minnesota, Georgia and Nebraska

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN3054177720090430

The 11 CDC confirmed states according to their website:
Arizona, California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas

New Jersey state officials have also confirmed cases:
http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/..._ap_cdcconfirms5swineflucasesinnewjersey.html

So 11 states reported by CDC, plus additional 6 reported by state agencies, is 17 states currently confirmed. I think. LOL

~ Respectfully snipped ~

Quoted from the above article: "Suspected cases in Broward are also sent to a state lab in Miami, but Broward County Health Department spokeswoman Candy Sims wouldn't discuss numbers.
''There may have been many samples submitted for testing, but that's all I can say,'' she said."

So how many is MANY? And exactly what does MAY mean? Maybe samples were sent, maybe they weren't - nyah nyah - but you can't guesssssss.

I'm sorry - but that is just SAD. Just say what the hell is going on. We are not stupid - you don't have to protect us. You do us more harm by lying, spinning or camafloging the truth, then you do by just speaking the truth. Biden has gained a 100 million points in my opinion by just being honest and saying he would tell his family not to travel right now.

There would be a lot less hysteria if there was more HONEST discussion of what is ACTUALLY happening.

Salem

Sorry for the rant.

May confirm the drs email, saying a mexican tested positive for swine after visiting disneyland. Imagine how many would have been exposed/infected at disneyland... They may not want to release how "many" for that very reason!

CNN breaking news headline that a member of Obamas team, which was recently in Mexico, is suspected of having this flu.

That's a crock. Have we not seen bazillions of pictures of Mexicans wearing masks? Sometimes the stupidity is overwhelming. I think at the root of this is they're afraid other countries will cut off trade and tourism with USA which has already started according to news from a couple of days ago or more.

Reminds me of a photo, "look Ma, no hands, as a kid rides his bicycle." We seem to be saying, "look world, no flu or so little we're not in the least bit worried, " as we close down schools and school districts.

Face masks aren't a sure bet against swine flu
Though sales have increased worldwide, the coverings weren't designed to protect wearers from an airborne virus. Health officials say their value is limited, at best.

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-swine-mask30-2009apr30,0,7635596.story

CDC officials, however, said Monday that they don't know how helpful either type of covering is in preventing swine flu infection. The best CDC could offer is that, if used correctly, masks and respirators might reduce the risk of getting influenza.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026152.html

Florida Hospital Caught in Swine Flu Cover-Up?

This is an article from Tuesday, and it begs the question, "Why would the chief medical officer of a hospital invent a fictitious email claiming a tourist had swine flu?"

Article easily explains how the state of Florida got around confirming a case in Orlando.

Sort of reminds me of what's going on in Cancun, a code of silence,and for the same reason--tourism.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/s...silence-in-Mexicos-Cancun-holiday-resort.html

Today, Florida is reporting 20 potential cases of swine flu in southern Fl.
http://www.miamiherald.com/swine-flu/story/1024998.html

Yes, we discussed it then. From what I gather a doc sent his friend an email stating he had a case. The State of Florida wouldn't confirm it because it had not been cofirmed by a lab. No coverup.

May confirm the drs email, saying a mexican tested positive for swine after visiting disneyland. Imagine how many would have been exposed/infected at disneyland... They may not want to release how "many" for that very reason!

The actual email said he had "a case". Later he said he should have clarified that it was not confirmed by a lab. The state of florida said they would only state confirmed cases.

Here in Missouri we have 1 confirmed but more possible. I read in our local papers site a minute ago Missouri is only sending samples from people who have been in Mexico or came in contact with those who were in Mexico. That is so stupid:banghead: how do you know if the people in the grocery store or in public have been in Mexico.:waitasec: So pretty much if you cant prove a Mexican link you are diagnosed with regular flu and free to expose everyone.

"These criteria include: having traveled to Mexico within the past seven days, having had contact with a person with febrile illness who was in Mexico over the past seven days, having had contact with a person who has a confirmed case of the swine flu or having spent time in the immediate area of a confirmed case."

Here is the article:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2009/apr/29/so-far-local-swine-flu-tests-negative/?news

CNN breaking news headline that a member of Obamas team, which was recently in Mexico, is suspected of having this flu.

GOOD! Maybe they will rethink closing the border. I know it's already here but why should we continue to allow people from another country to come into our Country and keep infecting people, or use up our resources free of charge. JMO

I'm sticking with the Flying Pig Flu. :D

Hi Amandab, I just heard on CNN the man tested negative for the FPF but that 3 members of his family are sick with the flu and are being tested for it.

They also said the first dr this guy went to when he felt ill did not test him, so it could be his testing was tainted. Frankly I think it is 'ole Presidential PR after watching the White House presser today. That gink really upsets me, not even answering questions properly. :confused:

The actual email said he had "a case". Later he said he should have clarified that it was not confirmed by a lab. The state of florida said they would only state confirmed cases.

Well, I just have to disagree. I know I heard that the CDC in order to better keep up with numbers of people infected authorized doctors and hospitals to do their own testing. A lab somewhere has to confirm it.

It then becomes very convenient for a state to say, "no, wasn't confirmed by tests done by the CDC lab." That way, the CDC or state can control the amount of info, (number of cases) confirmed to the public though possible numbers are or could be actually higher than confirmed by CDC.

I read the email Dr. Hauck sent, and it sounded to me like she was reporting it to the state which then denied it. Just saying.

Tourism is big business in Orange Co., FL. MOO, I believe pressure was applied to the hospital which then applied pressure to Dr. Hauck, forcing the doctor to claim it was sent to a colleague/friend which is highly unlikely. At least that's how I see it.

Look at what happened when VP Biden spoke out today. He was made to change his statement.

Well, I just have to disagree. I know I heard that the CDC in order to better keep up with numbers of people infected authorized doctors and hospitals to do their own testing.

It then becomes very convenient for a state to say, "no, wasn't confirmed by tests done by the CDC lab." That way, the CDC or state can control the amount of info, (number of cases) confirmed to the public though possible numbers are or could be actually higher than confirmed by CDC.

I read the email Dr. Hauck sent, and it sounded to me like she was reporting it to the state which then denied it. Just saying.

Tourism is big business in Orange Co., FL. MOO, I believe pressure was applied to the hospital which then applied pressure to Dr. Hauck, forcing the doctor to claim it was sent to a colleague/friend which is highly unlikely. At least that's how I see it.

Look at what happened when VP Biden spoke out today. He was made to change his statement.

I'm going to wholeheartedly agree with you justthinkin. This whole FL issue has just stunk right from the get-go and I say it has to do with 100% with the tourist trade. I'm not big into conspiracy, etc., but it really makes me wonder sometimes.

It's not hard to see that business is number 1 in this country. And don't even get me started on Hank Paulson & the banksters.

But still - why can't the woman just say "we sent in approx. 20 samples, none have been confirmed as of yet." Why say "we may have sent in many samples and that's all I'll tell you"? Why not just be honest? If there are potentially 20 cases floating around Boward County (this is just my speculation) wouldn't it be best if the Boward County population knew that, so they could wash their hands, not eat out, and be a little extra careful at the grocery store?

I just don't understand what all the secrecy is about. We are fed just enough information to keep us supicisous and untrusting. The government and shallow thinkers seem to think the American public will panic at the drop of a pin. I personally don't think that is true. Most Americans have a little common sense or at least 1 person in their family with some common sense.

Forewarned is forearmed or so they say.

Salem

I am so tired of hearing it doesn't do any good to close the barn after the horses are out. HOW LONG DO WE LET INFECTED HORSES KEEP COMING? I have heard that many are coming here for medical care. Close the borders and set up treatment centers there to help those who are infected. If this is just an invented scare for some reason, enough is enough. But if it is a real threat, please take steps to curtail it and closing the border is an essential first step in my opinion.

I have a question, just thinking and thought I'd share my daily thought process for today :)

Seeing that from what I am reading, once you get this virus you should have an immunity built up...so, wouldn't it be better to get this so-called "mild" virus
now before then real flu season hits in a few months? I hope this thought doesn't
show my ignorance too, too much....

I am so tired of hearing it doesn't do any good to close the barn after the horses are out. HOW LONG DO WE LET INFECTED HORSES KEEP COMING? I have heard that many are coming here for medical care. Close the borders and set up treatment centers there to help those who are infected. If this is just an invented scare for some reason, enough is enough. But if it is a real threat, please take steps to curtail it and closing the border is an essential first step in my opinion.

Annie,I heard the same thing. We may not have stopped the sprea completley,but why she would allow people to cross the border to seek medical attention here? We have our own crisis going. I feel bad that Mexico has inadequete healthcare,but there is nothing i can do about it.
CLOSE THE BORDER!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr
Back