Alleged abuse photos

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of course Ronald Junior matters. Nobody here (Razzle and myself included) would be insensitive enough to say that he doesn't matter....I really hope you don't think anyone here is that hateful. The focus of my post was on Haleigh, not Ronald Junior, as is the rest of the forum. Of course, I am concerned for his safety as well, but he isn't the one that’s missing. We all know where he is, that he is safe, and most importantly that he is ALIVE. Unfortunately, we don't have any information on the whereabouts or condition of Haleigh. That is why I feel that the focus should be on finding her FIRST and on the custody and child abuse issues second. As closely as the media and police are covering this story, Ronald Junior probably doesn’t sneeze without the whole world knowing about it, so I would say that he is pretty darned safe right now.
I would never expect a parent to "sit back and ignore" a situation that might be abusive. Perhaps my post wasn't as clearly written as I meant for it to be. My point was that I think that the mother had poor TIMING in reporting the alleged abuse, and I don’t recall having EVER said that it shouldn’t be reported. If these pictures were brought to her attention in NOVEMBER, then it should have been reported in NOVEMBER. I also wonder why these other people have suddenly decided to come forward to tell CS that they suspected abuse previously? Wouldn’t it make more sense to report it to the police WHEN IT HAPPENED instead of taking the information to a mother months later? If the children were being abused and the abuse IS the reason for Haleigh being gone, then reporting it as soon as it was discovered could have stopped the abuse BEFORE she went missing. She only seems to be sharing this information and trying to get custody now that the media is really involved and there is a lawyer willing to help her out. Wonder how much the lawyer stands to benefit from all this publicity?
So, to restate this as clearly as possible in hopes of preventing further misinterpretation….BOTH children are important and they BOTH should be protected from abuse. Haleigh is the child that is in the MOST dangerous situation RIGHT NOW so the first priority should be finding her. The custody situation should be addressed once the missing child has been found.

Of course Ronald Junior matters. Nobody here (Razzle and myself included) would be insensitive enough to say that he doesn't matter....I really hope you don't think anyone here is that hateful. The focus of my post was on Haleigh, not Ronald Junior, as is the rest of the forum. Of course, I am concerned for his safety as well, but he isn't the one that’s missing. We all know where he is, that he is safe, and most importantly that he is ALIVE. Unfortunately, we don't have any information on the whereabouts or condition of Haleigh. That is why I feel that the focus should be on finding her FIRST and on the custody and child abuse issues second. As closely as the media and police are covering this story, Ronald Junior probably doesn’t sneeze without the whole world knowing about it, so I would say that he is pretty darned safe right now.
I would never expect a parent to "sit back and ignore" a situation that might be abusive. Perhaps my post wasn't as clearly written as I meant for it to be. My point was that I think that the mother had poor TIMING in reporting the alleged abuse, and I don’t recall having EVER said that it shouldn’t be reported. If these pictures were brought to her attention in NOVEMBER, then it should have been reported in NOVEMBER. I also wonder why these other people have suddenly decided to come forward to tell CS that they suspected abuse previously? Wouldn’t it make more sense to report it to the police WHEN IT HAPPENED instead of taking the information to a mother months later? If the children were being abused and the abuse IS the reason for Haleigh being gone, then reporting it as soon as it was discovered could have stopped the abuse BEFORE she went missing. She only seems to be sharing this information and trying to get custody now that the media is really involved and there is a lawyer willing to help her out. Wonder how much the lawyer stands to benefit from all this publicity?
So, to restate this as clearly as possible in hopes of preventing further misinterpretation….BOTH children are important and they BOTH should be protected from abuse. Haleigh is the child that is in the MOST dangerous situation RIGHT NOW so the first priority should be finding her. The custody situation should be addressed once the missing child has been found.

*IF* Junior is living in a dangerous situation - it has to be dealt with now not later.

I really do think that it is important to know if Ron has a history of being an abuser. Because Misty is so tiny, I think that Ron is the only one of the two that would be capable of "accidentally" killing Haleigh while abusing her. I truly do believe from the evidence that I have seen that Ronald does not/has not abused either one of his children. I'm basing that on the pictures and that he has been investigated three times for this. I don't think that he or Misty are responsible for Haleigh's disappearance.

Another indication that LE does not believe Ron did this would be that he hasn't been called in to be questioned by LE as extensively as Misty. Many people believe that LE's focus on her is an indication of their belief that she committed the crime. Add to that the "Misty is key" statement made by LE and it really doesn't look good for the girl. But I have often wondered if she is "the key" simply because she was there when it happened. If she could provide better and more consistent information about what happened even before they went to sleep LE would have a better idea of where to look for Haleigh. No matter how small a detail might seem, it could be important.

I suppose she could also be "the key" to having a better idea whether or not Ron has been violent towards the children recently. I just don't think that is the case because if it were they would be grilling him a lot more.

I don't know why Crystal is doing this. I don't know if her lawyer is using her to have her fifteen minutes of fame. Maybe Crystal is doing this because she is ashamed that Ron was granted custody and she is thousands of dollars behind on her child support. It could be any number of things, and in time they all should be considered. Right now, as so many have pointed out, they need to find this adorable little girl!

I can't figure out why the abuse is being brought up now. Why (now that she's missing) is protecting Haleigh from abuse such a priority? Why not say something before the baby went missing?! Seems like the first priority should be to FIND her (by working with the father) but the mother’s first priority seems to be proving that Ron is a bad father. There is a little girl missing and it seems stupid to move the focus from that by creating more drama. Making an abuse accusation right now is only going to distract the father (and whoever else is still looking for her) from their main focus. Who gives a rat’s big booty what happened in the past….HELP FIND YOUR DAUGHTER!! Energy, money, and resources used on anything other than looking for Haleigh is a pointless waste of precious time. As long as she is missing, she is in MUCH greater danger than she was when she was with her father (and it breaks my heart to type that...about to cry). When she was at home, at least they knew she was alive and that someone could step in and stop the abuse if it ever happened! Shame on anyone that would abuse a beautiful baby….I hope and pray that she wasn’t a victim of abuse…but more importantly, I’m hoping and praying that she will be brought home alive and well. What kind of parent has the time to get lawyered up and do lots of TV interviews when their baby is missing….don’t they realize that every second counts right now??!!
Sorry, everyone, if I sound mean….I’m just so antsy about wanting her found….

(bold mine) I find bolded comments to be a mischaracterization, as well as presumptuous, and inflammatory. First of all nobody chooses their witnesses to crimes nor if or when they step forward.

Secondly I don't find the timing the least suspicious because a non-custodial parent should reconsider custody after one of her children has gone missing while simultaneously new witnesses are coming forth, new reports surfacing w new allegations emerging of dad's abusiveness toward her children. Because this mother...

a) believed the abuse during time they lived together was either her fault or reserved solely for her (a common misperception by women who have been abused);

b) was overpowered, outresourced, underrepresented or just plain oppressed and came to believe she hadn't a prayer of taking on dad and his attorney;

c) felt the court system failed her children or previously lacked confidence in the legal system to advocate for her or her children, but now has overcome that disparity w an offer of legal assistance; and/or

d) learned of new witnesses coming forth and accounts being brought to light NOW giving her reason to believe abuse has been directed at her children;

Is there a BETTER time to pursue this? You are making multiple assumptions. We DON'T know at ALL that Junior IS "SAFE" nor is it at all "stupid," "drama," a "distraction," nor a "pointless waste of time" to ensure that the custody in which Haleigh Lord willing can one day resume her life and/or in which Junior could remain, is in fact free of abuse, drugs, and other dangers.

"Who gives a rat's big booty what happened in the past?" Those wise enough to recognize that abuse is a pattern who don't just ignore or look the other way when people finally step forward to admit what they've seen.

We don't CHOOSE when we're offered affordable, adequate representation either, nor when media attention drawn to our case might in turn prompt those who are responsible for the current arrangement to reconsider the decision or compel their accountability in the interest of the children. Should it require this kind of pressure to properly investigate the situation then more power to this mother--who surely also would not CHOOSE to first LOSE ONE CHILD in order to secure the protection of another.

"What kind of parent has time" to reconsider custody now? Oh I dunno I guess the "kind" w both a greater sense of urgency, and renewed hope--w new reason to suspect they're endangered, and now newfound assistance and resources--of taking on the fight for her children? Then again, it is wasting precious minutes she could be going mudding or at the fair. But if we're "praying for Haleigh to be brought home," let's make sure that's a safe and stable one. It could be too late for Haleigh. But wherever she is, if there is one thing we can be sure Haleigh does want, it is her baby brother protected. JMO

:parrot:

I believe he abuse Haliegh. He has a temper and talks with bad language and even may be on drugs. So if he is angry I believe he can be abusive.
Another thing I think he will abuse Misty to, either by hitting her or verbally abusing her.
He only wanted her anyway to have someone stay home and care for the kids while he was working or out doing what-ever.
I feel she is frightened of Ron and he is controlling her.
I also feel when she is older by a few more years he will get rid of her to and get another young girl to live with him. He likes them young.....

*IF* Junior is living in a dangerous situation - it has to be dealt with now not later.

Right, but DogMom I appreciate all that you are saying. But these accusations of child abuse have to be addressed. Why??? Because in the light that this relates to Haleigh's missing. Everyone is very busy trying to point out that these are separate issues when in fact it is very important, when they are completely connected!

Haleigh could have "accidently" been killed, or could have been taken from an inappropriate family member with BAD intentions. Poor parental judgement, possible drug use, Pedophile neighbors and relatives. This is a parents WORST nightmare. If Ronald is innocent then let this play out... Crystal deserves the right, yes HER rights, which were not considered before this happened, to a FAIR day in court!!

Those bruises on the baby look like strike marks to me. Maybe a stick or a wooden spoon. The marks on Haleigh could go either way.

Thats what I thought too, LLL. More like strike marks than what you would see from bumps and falls. But even still, it really doesn't necessarily mean abuse. It could be kids playing. And they really aren't very big or dark bruises as you might expect with abuse.

Tichad I have to agree with you. Even Nancy Grace is on to her and I cannot wait for her to get a look at these photos and the info to go along with it! It's more than disturbing and very sad that she would do this with her child missing! I couldn't count the number of times my children had been bumped up and bruised over the years. In any case I cannot put my finger on it but have had a hinky feeling about Crystal and her mom from the get go. The other thing that is odd to me at least is we never see her fiancee around.

Bolded by me. You are right, I never thought of that, we don't see the fiance, huh? Even if he doesn't have anything to add, you would think he might be around to at least offer Crystal some support in public. I wonder why?

I think the bottom line to the timing of the custody case is the recent marriage. I've seen x's react in some strange ways. I could write a novel about my grandsons' parents and which is going to do the most stupid thing next.

In this case, CS may not have had the same problem with RC and MC playing house -- heck just another in the line of teen players, but marriage, stepmom especially one running her mouth about how much the children love her, is a new ballgame. As far as the child abuse, it may or may not be truth, but in general when there's smoke there's a reason for it.

Another thing is CS has been criticized for living so far away; yet, since she's been in town, has she been able to see her son more. It sounded as if she was forced to stick to her normal visitation at the time when he needs mommy more than anyone else.

I could be wrong, but I thought the custody stuff occurred prior to the marriage?

[/b]

Bolded by me. You are right, I never thought of that, we don't see the fiance, huh? Even if he doesn't have anything to add, you would think he might be around to at least offer Crystal some support in public. I wonder why?

Maybe, even though he would like to, he hasn't got a job that will allow him to be away from work that long.

Right, but DogMom I appreciate all that you are saying. But these accusations of child abuse have to be addressed. Why??? Because in the light that this relates to Haleigh's missing. Everyone is very busy trying to point out that these are separate issues when in fact it is very important, when they are completely connected!

Haleigh could have "accidently" been killed, or could have been taken from an inappropriate family member with BAD intentions. Poor parental judgement, possible drug use, Pedophile neighbors and relatives. This is a parents WORST nightmare. If Ronald is innocent then let this play out... Crystal deserves the right, yes HER rights, which were not considered before this happened, to a FAIR day in court!!
If Ronald is innocent then let it play out? Even if he is found innocent this will damage him and his family for rest of there lifes. I keep hearing how its the mother right but what about the fathers right to have it done in a private matter. Even if it is proven false them posting it nationaly people still will comdemn him anyway. Im all for finding the truth but the way its being done stinks to high heaven IMO. I have read countless hours of people being falsely accused and the impact it made on there life. And none of these people were accused on national TV. There stories where damaging enough I cant even image how much harder it will be on this family.

If Ronald is innocent then let it play out? Even if he is found innocent this will damage him and his family for rest of there lifes. I keep hearing how its the mother right but what about the fathers right to have it done in a private matter. Even if it is proven false them posting it nationaly people still will comdemn him anyway. Im all for finding the truth but the way its being done stinks to high heaven IMO. I have read countless hours of people being falsely accused and the impact it made on there life. And none of these people were accused on national TV. There stories where damaging enough I cant even image how much harder it will be on this family.

Crystal cannot wage her own investigation into the allegations of abuse. She must turn those over to the proper authority in order to get them cleared up. It is not Crystal making the allegations. People came to HER about them. She might be on television repeating what she's been told, but that is not HER making them up.

As far as what she's witnessed and experienced at the hands of Ron, I guess that's her story and she's telling it. If she has always kept quiet about what she went through out of fear of what Ron would do to her or the children, she feels safe enough now to open up and let people know.

When people use children as pawns to get back at the other parent, it will will end in a checkmate against them. I am not in an authority position to claim she is making false allegations or that the others have been lying to her about false allegations. All I know is that once they're out there, DFS should and was called in to investigate. That is the appropriate step to take and it is being done.

Crystal cannot wage her own investigation into the allegations of abuse. She must turn those over to the proper authority in order to get them cleared up. It is not Crystal making the allegations. People came to HER about them. She might be on television repeating what she's been told, but that is not HER making them up.

As far as what she's witnessed and experienced at the hands of Ron, I guess that's her story and she's telling it. If she has always kept quiet about what she went through out of fear of what Ron would do to her or the children, she feels safe enough now to open up and let people know.

When people use children as pawns to get back at the other parent, it will will end in a checkmate against them. I am not in an authority position to claim she is making false allegations or that the others have been lying to her about false allegations. All I know is that once they're out there, DFS should and was called in to investigate. That is the appropriate step to take and it is being done.
I have heard she feels safe now but thats not my point. My point is its not for us or national TV to accuse a father or anyone for that matter of abuse. People might feel differently if they were the one being accused. There is a time and place for everything but national tv is not the place.

I have heard she feels safe now but thats not my point. My point is its not for us or national TV to accuse a father or anyone for that matter of abuse. People might feel differently if they were the one being accused. There is a time and place for everything but national tv is not the place.

"Us" and national TV aren't accusing a father of abuse. People have brought those allegations to Crystal and, through her attorney, Crystal has brought those allegations to the attention of DFS. The case itself (Haleigh missing) has gotten national attention, and thus, the attention is now shone upon allegations of abuse. Whether I believe Crystal and her attorney should never have mentioned it on television or not, the fact remains that the allegations are being investigated appropriately.

"Us" and national TV aren't accusing a father of abuse. People have brought those allegations to Crystal and, through her attorney, Crystal has brought those allegations to the attention of DFS. The case itself (Haleigh missing) has gotten national attention, and thus, the attention is now shone upon allegations of abuse. Whether I believe Crystal and her attorney should never have mentioned it on television or not, the fact remains that the allegations are being investigated appropriately.
Yes I know thats what they say. Look how it has affected everyone just on this site. Yes us the public is accusing him and some are already convinced of it without even hearing DCF conclusion. To say we arent accusing him is a understamement because we most certainly are.

I'm just a lurker that crawls out occasionally with what is more of a rant while looking in from the outside. A little girl is missing from a very extended family that obviously has had issues into the life of drugs which alters all aspects of this case. When there begins to be chatter and aqusations of abuse and there are current children involved it is a "no holds bar" situation and my personal feeling is all immediatly involved are questionable as far as innocense and should have the weight of LE weighing on each and everyone of the family members until Halleigh is found. Hopefully the courts will appoint an advocate to represent RJ? and his needs. No matter who or what is at fault regarding the children they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off with the disappearance of Halleigh and RJ can't help but be effected by the home life he is in no matter what house he is in. Both sets of parents I hope are receiving therapy as to how to help RJ out during his time of need. This whole case seems to have weirdness around it. Alittle boys sissy is missing and he is supposed to be happy just because daddy got married! OOOOOO! Anybody in Satuma tending to the psyche of this dear child!

Agree! Whether abuse alleged was limited to Crystal or not, any person who has ever been intimidated by abuse will naturally and understandably be emboldened by the presence of LE, media and the public around finally as reinforcements. And whether or not this father had direct involvement or ANYTHING to do w his daughter's disappearance, as you said the claims made by people stepping forward must now be investigated and proven false in order for Junior to remain and Haleigh, Lord willing, to return. In addition when ANY child goes missing, the lives of EVERYONE in the immediate family, especially those entrusted w custody known to have last seen a missing child, are turned upside down and inside out, every association, and every possible explanation. NO ONE is exempt nor entitled to any special privilege or less than a thorough investigation and EVERYONE can reasonably expect to waive their privacy while his or her skeletons are all dragged out in full public view in attempts to locate, or recover, ANY endangered, and missing, child. As well it should be. JMO

:parrot:

Here is my opinion ... I have an adult child (19) a teenage child (13) and an infant child (4 mos) ... The pictures that I saw with bruises on the child in diapers bothered me the most (I assume was Junior) I can make no excuse for it ... if the kid is still in diapers then there is never (under anyone's idea of parenting) any need to strike them in a manor that would leave marks ... I feel that is excessive! What could a child that age possibly be able to learn? I think that the photos of Haleigh's face, given the time line (and school reports) probably show the injuries that she received from her fall on the playground ... but the others I think are a valid representation of excessive force!

A child with Turner's Syndrome would tend to need more one on one parenting and I really doubt the uneducated Misty would have the "skills" to handle and understand the various needs Haleigh has. Clearly no one in that household understood the degree of her disability and "falling" on the monkey bars is only a minor case scenario. What other "accidents" did this child befall before she was "taken" out of the home! Turner Syndrome
Turner syndrome, a medical disorder that affects about 1 in every 2500 girls, ... Turner syndrome (TS) was first described in 1938 by Dr

<snip>Helping Your Daughter
Although your daughter may have specific medical problems and different physical characteristics caused by Turner syndrome, you can do many things to help her develop daily living skills and cope with new or challenging situations (note: height-related issues may be less important to girls who undergo improved growth with growth hormone treatment):
  • Follow her lead regarding how much information she wants to share with others. Make sure she knows the facts and then allow her to explain TS to her friends and relatives, if she wants.
  • Treat her according to her age (not her size) when considering the amount of responsibility given to her and the types of social activities she enjoys.
  • Arrange your home so that it's comfortable for her (provide sturdy footstools in the bathroom and kitchen and easy access to clothing, closets, personal care items, and other necessities). Kitchen chairs or stools that have rungs are especially helpful, as it can be tiring for her if her feet don't reach the floor.
  • Carefully assess her classroom environment. Ask for help from teachers to provide appropriate accommodations in the classroom so that she can reach water fountains, classroom materials, and supplies. The same suggestions apply to the school's library and gymnasium.
  • Help her cope with new situations and encourage her to ask her friends for help, too.
  • Compliment her often on her strengths and coping skills. Be patient, positive, and open to discussions about her limitations and fears.
  • Allow her to try on different clothing styles until she finds what flatters her or suits her personality. This can help build a more positive body image and self-esteem.
  • Encourage participation in activities in which height isn't an issue, such as skating, diving, horseback riding, babysitting, or volunteer work. Volunteering, in particular, can be a big confidence booster.
  • If she is depressed or having problems with her self-esteem, consider counseling and treatment by a mental health professional. Don't ignore your gut instinct if you think she's sad or withdrawn.
  • Take care of yourself. You won't be able to provide good care for your daughter if you neglect your own needs. Your community may offer TS support groups or you may want to join the Turner Syndrome Society of the United States. Or consider starting your own support group for parents.
Remember that although Turner syndrome can affect your daughter in many ways, it's only a small part of her total physical, emotional, and intellectual being. Don't hesitate to enlist the help of her doctor, developmental pediatrician, or other medical specialists and mental health professionals. And don't let your daughter's diagnosis or medical problems define who she is.
Reviewed by: Judith Ross, MD, and Steven Dowshen, MD
Date reviewed: September 2008<snip>

any of you younger ws'ers ever hear your parents talk about how granpa and granma made 'em go pick a switch? The switch was then what you got a spanking with.

People tend to treat their kids like they were treated. I wonder if Ron was disclipining jr the same way he was discliplined; ie with a switch? I am not saying RC was hit with a switch as a kid because I have no idea if that is the case, just asking myself if when Hayleigh told CS that Jr. was hit with a stick by Daddy that maybe she meant swatted with a switch/ stick? And please no body start the argument that you don't believe in spankings. That is not what my statement is about. It is about the bruises on Jr. made by a stick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back