Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was quite wrong about some of what I thought I read, but this was funny...

"Now Pete is not your average friend, he’s the kind of guy you’d want around if you were stranded on a desert island – honest, genuine, intelligent, humorous …. a lot like me really!"

"http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00:00:00%2B10:00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00:00:00%2B10:00&max-results=23

A little bit of vomit just came up into my mouth...................

IF they're not involved in the murder in any way, they're probably in denial...just as we saw with Sica's family members.

I don't know how GBC or his family are going to even attempt to explain away the face time call though. I don't think there's any getting out of that one at all.

It always amazes me how blind people can be to the reality of what happens around them.

There is nothing wrong with supporting family or friends who have got themselves into trouble but to be of any value it has to be done in a atmosphere of honesty and remorse, not denial.

It says alot about their values IMO.

Thanks KG1.

I'm not sure how Austrailian processes work, but in the US, it is standard practice to list the date of death as the day the body/remains are found.

Often it is not possible to ascertain the true "date of death".
And interesting to note that Allison's DOB was not mentioned. So whoever was writing this did not know much about her. So especially interesting that her death was updated so quickly.

I totally agree ActusReus.

I just googled Actus Reus as I had no idea what it meant, very interesting. Love your avatar pic too :)

On 16th July Lloyd Rayney's trial begins. He somehow got bail after being charged with the murder of his wife Corryn. Part of the reasoning for bail being given was the accused's need to prepare his defence. I wonder if the 3 amigos have been hired by GBC to put forward a second appeal for bail on the grounds that preparing a case with such limited access to their client (one visit a week) is insufficient access.

His arrest was made 3 years after his wife was murdered (in 2007) and he was released on bail after 2 weeks. This is going to be a very interesting trial - he has opted for a Judge only trial I believe.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/murder-accused-barrister-lloyd-rayney-gets-bail/story-e6frg6nf-1225975625892

i agree LM i know some people think i am mad

I guess my surprise in how obsessed I could be was in my FIRST forey into websleuthing - the Caylee Anthony case. I even travelled to Sydney to see the play "Tot Mum" (the only play in the world that was based on this crime).
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...mom-play-forces-audience-to-watch-itself.html
http://crimemagazine.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial-modern-american-tragedy

I swore I was never going to get that involved again because I'm convinced that justice was NOT served for that poor little girl. It was devastating, and I was very emotional about it. My kids were amazed!

There are a few people MIA from here lately - I miss WI - where is he?

I miss his funny Latin comments and there are a few other members who haven't joined in on the conversations for a while.

Come back WI :)

:fireworks: Sending up a flare!

Oh Mani, now we're all in tears thinking of a frozen Kate Winslet croaking out 'come back' to the rescue boat....and will be humming the theme to Titanic on account of that flare you've sent up!!

But I miss those AWOL too! Sometimes 'life' just gets in the way doesn't it (she says..... as a mountainous pile of unfolded washing slowly topples to engulf her......) *muffled voice due to sock in mouth* Come baaaaaaack

I just googled Actus Reus as I had no idea what it meant, very interesting. Love your avatar pic too :)

:floorlaugh: I looked it up weeks ago because I had no idea either! We need another member called MensRea

On 16th July Lloyd Rayney's trial begins. He somehow got bail after being charged with the murder of his wife Corryn. Part of the reasoning for bail being given was the accused's need to prepare his defence. I wonder if the 3 amigos have been hired by GBC to put forward a second appeal for bail on the grounds that preparing a case with such limited access to their client (one visit a week) is insufficient access.

His arrest was made 3 years after his wife was murdered (in 2007) and he was released on bail after 2 weeks. This is going to be a very interesting trial - he has opted for a Judge only trial I believe.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/murder-accused-barrister-lloyd-rayney-gets-bail/story-e6frg6nf-1225975625892

perhaps another case of someone thinking they have executed the 'perfect crime' JMO

actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea - the act does not make a person guilty unless the mind is also guilty

Straight from "101 useless latin phrases for frustrated law students"

On 16th July Lloyd Rayney. This is going to be a very interesting trial - he has opted for a Judge only trial I believe.

I am a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to legalese....are we able to opt for a 'judge only' trial? I wasn't aware of this. Personally I'd prefer to be judged by a jury of my peers I think, who'd be more in touch with the 'every man'....or one would hope so, depending on how well the jury pool had been picked over when selected. (However I hope NEVER to find myself in the situation to have to make that choice.)

I have found some interesting information by googling Nigel Clay Zimbabwe and found the following information, which was updated on June 9, 2012. When you click on GBC, it takes you to his information, including his marriage to Allison Dickie. Her date of death is listed as 30 April, 2012 at Kholo Creek, Anstead. murdered. Astounding, as that is the date of the discovery of her body, NOT her date of death. This site is 'The Peerage'. Can you believe it -they all think they are so much better than anyone else and above the law. Incredible! IMO

http://thepeerage.com/p6368.htm

Think you may have to copy and paste this link if it doesn't work.

I find that disturbing and disgusting that he actually had the time and presence of mind to change those details for the website. My god..... Who the hell does that. !

Well found, but what a horrible find.

I am a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to legalese....are we able to opt for a 'judge only' trial? I wasn't aware of this. Personally I'd prefer to be judged by a jury of my peers I think, who'd be more in touch with the 'every man'....or one would hope so, depending on how well the jury pool had been picked over when selected. (However I hope NEVER to find myself in the situation to have to make that choice.)

How handy....Actus Reus is on hand! Onya soapbox, and tell all!

judge only trials in qld

apparently so...

The state will also make a provision for judge-only trials, for very complex or notorious cases, where an application is made by the prosecution or the defence.

Such trials will only proceed when the accused consents, and judges can rule out the application if they believe it is in the public interest to have a jury.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/new...erdicts-for-qld/2008/08/18/1218911544863.html

I can imagine this trial and the outcome will be very keenly watched by a lot of interested parties here in brisbane

It always amazes me how blind people can be to the reality of what happens around them.

There is nothing wrong with supporting family or friends who have got themselves into trouble but to be of any value it has to be done in a atmosphere of honesty and remorse, not denial.

It says alot about their values IMO.

I agree. Some families just work out of a sense of control and to step outside those rules has bad results.

If they believe their son is innocent why aren't they screaming it from the rooftops IMO?

I know that all families are different but what have they got to hide? Errrr oh that's right a phone call in the middle of the night!

What never ceases to amaze me is that people think they can lie to QPS and get away with it!! How foolhardy is that?

It just all smacks of a big cover up to me (i.e. that the family know something went awry) MOO etc

Did I read that the NBCs were moving things out of the house on Allison's birthday?

Morning troops :)

Just reading how some are wondering why certain people are not here - but I claim exception to the "always here" premise, as I do have - er - other responsibilities.

And sometimes I check and read without the opportunity to post anything. So longish gaps between question and answer may happen.

Will be pretty busy today, but checking the threads from time to time, so no whispering behind my back... ;)

How handy....Actus Reus is on hand! Onya soapbox, and tell all!

Aaah...the judge only trial.

They were introduced mainly to facilitate trials in very long or complicated cases where the the evidence is not likely to be understood by a jury. E.g complex fraud and corporate crime. They can also be used if the court believes that a juror may have an offence committed against them (tampering, violence, bribery etc) or of the court believes that the pre trial publicity would preclude an impartial jury. These last two points are very rare. Max Sica failed in his bid for a judge only trial and there was alot of pre trial publicity in that case.

http://legalstudiesqld.com.au/blog/...iminal-code-judge-only-trials-no-jury-orders/

Both prosecution and defence can ask for a judge only trial but in the end it is the court that makes the decision.

Unlikely this case would get a judge only trial. IMO but stranger things have happened.

(Jumps off soap box.....)

I find that disturbing and disgusting that he actually had the time and presence of mind to change those details for the website. My god..... Who the hell does that. !

Well found, but what a horrible find.

Please understand that GBC probably has not done this. The Peerage is an organisation which devotes itself to keeping tabs on everyone's dates and descendants. The organisation itself has probably found out the information and updated the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro