Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fence is all around the house...you really can't imagine how tall it is! Clearly p..... off with the media or neighbours or.......dare I say the people who are curious.

Perhaps the neighbours have had a change of heart since this report....

May 02, 2012

A few kilometres away in Kenmore, the parents of Mrs Baden-Clay's husband emerged from their home and lowered their Australian flag to half mast.

Neighbours did the same before they all hugged each other in grief.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-01/police-confirm-body-is-missing-brisbane-woman/3983398

The fence is all around the house...you really can't imagine how tall it is! Clearly p..... off with the media or neighbours or.......dare I say the people who are curious.

Wondering if Nigelaine had to pay for half the cost of the fence?

May 02, 2012

A few kilometres away in Kenmore, the parents of Mrs Baden-Clay's husband emerged from their home and lowered their Australian flag to half mast.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-01/police-confirm-body-is-missing-brisbane-woman/3983398

LOL.maybe it was the neighbors on the other side!

C'mon marly, what's your secret?

I am sure GBC was up to a bit more with his finances than just shuffling his balances on various credit cards.

Really curious how to the current load of lawyers is being retained with his monetary issues.

It was clear from his first appearance in court that he did not wish to engage in any way with the other people present by turning on his chair so that he was facing the front of the court. If he had appeared by video link, there would have been nowhere to hide.

Hey guys, first post here but have been glued reading your posts and updates for weeks now. Great site.

The latest court hearing has made me wonder about something that has crossed my mind before.

When looking at the list of debts for GBC the thing that struck me is that none of them were loans from banks, building societies or other financial institutions. I would think that these would be the most common source of loan for an adult man. Unless we have no knowledge of bank loans at this point, I wonder why all the loans have come from friends, family, colleagues etc?

Someone else pointed out that GBC and ABC rented their home for the last six years and that they lease rather than own their cars. I agree that that is 'unusual' behaviour for a man who seems so image driven.

My theory is that it is possible somewhere down the track (and I'm thinking around 6-7 years ago but possibly more recently) GBC filed for bankruptcy. In Au a person is listed as bankrupt for 3 years but it remains on their financial file for 7 years. In a bankruptcy most likely he would have had to sell any house 'owned' and any car over the current 'allowable' value (which I believe may be $6000 give or take). This would explain the lack of home ownership, why cars are leased (although I know a lot of business owners do choose this option) and more importantly why there are a LOT of loans from various people but NONE seen from formal financial institutions.

It would also possibly explain why a forensic accountant has a LOT of work to do...

Purely JMO...

May 02, 2012

The neighbours opposite have a flag as well, so when I read that I assumed it was them. IMO-The people next door are clearly NOT happy with someone!

Hey guys, first post here but have been glued reading your posts and updates for weeks now. Great site.

The latest court hearing has made me wonder about something that has crossed my mind before.

When looking at the list of debts for GBC the thing that struck me is that none of them were loans from banks, building societies or other financial institutions. I would think that these would be the most common source of loan for an adult man. Unless we have no knowledge of bank loans at this point, I wonder why all the loans have come from friends, family, colleagues etc?

Someone else pointed out that GBC and ABC rented their home for the last six years and that they lease rather than own their cars. I agree that that is 'unusual' behaviour for a man who seems so image driven.

My theory is that it is possible somewhere down the track (and I'm thinking around 6-7 years ago but possibly more recently) GBC filed for bankruptcy. In Au a person is listed as bankrupt for 3 years but it remains on their financial file for 7 years. In a bankruptcy most likely he would have had to sell any house 'owned' and any car over the current 'allowable' value (which I believe may be $6000 give or take). This would explain the lack of home ownership, why cars are leased (although I know a lot of business owners do choose this option) and more importantly why there are a LOT of loans from various people but NONE seen from formal financial institutions.

It would also possibly explain why a forensic accountant has a LOT of work to do...

Purely JMO...

good point - but he was the principal of the Real Estate and according to the info I found he really wouldn't be able to.
http://www.itsa.gov.au/dir228/itsaweb.nsf/docindex/bankruptcy->bankruptcy+overview

I agree.. I also have felt there is more going on than might be realized. And shonky finances/business dealings could be very much a part of it..IMO

I agree and I think that under the tip of the ice hides a very large submerged financial berg. IMO

Purely JMO...

Interesting point.. Although I would have thought this information would have been out there in the media and such by now..but thats just my opinion only, and you have an interesting point.

Thanks for the on the spot reporting Nads, great job

This is going to a very drawn out case by the sounds of it...the poor sketch artist, he had to leave empty handed

Any BC family there?

It seems lucky to me that this "type" of Sketch Artist doesn't rely on Commission solely :rocker:

good point - but he was the principal of the Real Estate and according to the info I found he really wouldn't be able to.
http://www.itsa.gov.au/dir228/itsaweb.nsf/docindex/bankruptcy->bankruptcy+overview

I wonder how many years he has been the principal of the Real Estate? I believe that it is only during the period of the three years of bankruptcy he would be excluded (I could be wrong here). Once 'discharged' after the three years the person would be able to act in that position perhaps? Or if the bankruptcy was quite a while ago banks may still be reluctant to loan enough for a mortgage?
Hoping some sleuths out there might know more!

All the above JMO...

Wondering if Nigelaine had to pay for half the cost of the fence?

If they are anything like an obnoxious neighbour we had, he would only pay the coat of half a chain wire minimum height fence, which came to bugger all, so we just built it without his contribution, which of course was his aim in the first place no doubt!

It seems lucky to me that this "type" of Sketch Artist doesn't rely on Commission solely :rocker:

The sketch artist said something like "bastards, they get out of it every time" as he found out he wasn't showing, even on video link.

I wonder how much NBC and EBC know about the financial mess and how deep it runs.
If NBC knows would he have kept EBC in the "dark" about it? MOO

It was clear from his first appearance in court that he did not wish to engage in any way with the other people present by turning on his chair so that he was facing the front of the court. If he had appeared by video link, there would have been nowhere to hide.
I doubt that GBC would be the one to make the decision on whether he personally attended or via video link. For a committal hearing, a video link is more than adequate. Waste of money and resources otherwise.

I agree and I think that under the tip of the ice hides a very large submerged financial berg. IMO

I completely agree, Mani. Each and everyone he had financial dealings with has to be investigated. I can see where it would take months to sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003