Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i also meant to post earlier that a friend of mine bought their current house from gbc (and his father was also there at most of their meetings) and he distinctly told her that he "owned a house on 10 acres" in brookfield. that was just under 5 years ago - the crappier mail reported that they had been in the rented house for 6 years. could it be that GBC tells porky pies:what:

nbc was a total nob - kept going on about how he was born in "keeenya you know" and when my friend's baby cried he said he soon sorted his kids out when they cried as babies.

I would say it's very possible that he told 'porky pies' ... like the add says 'get a bit of pork on your fork' ... perhaps that was his motto.

Yes I agree Makara...thought they'd mistaken the silver for blue. Still wonder though why the Prado was released...would have thought if it was involved it would still be in impound...maybe forensics found all they needed on that one.

Wishful thinking, but maybe the police have had irrefutable sightings of the prado (eg witnesses have mentioned the "ding" when the police had not previously mentioned it, or maybe it was caught on cc camera footage), so no further need to keep it. I am convinced it was involved MOO.

I also wonder if releasing it to GBC so soon before the arrest was strategic - perhaps it was bugged, and it would have been humiliating for him driving it around - very conspicuous with the ding and perhaps it may have even jogged people's memories if they saw it again...all speculation and probably groundless....MOO

Thanks Marly
I'm not sure this is the post I'm thinking of. I have in my head that it specifically stated washing or cleaning the car. Maybe this is it and I am confused.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

IMO

No, there definately was a post that mentioned they were cleaning the car when police got there. I remember seeing it... the conversation on here then turned to us all talking about how maybe GBC wasn't the one who called the police because they turned up when he didn't expect it? I'm no good at remembering who posted what though, sorry.

I would say it's very possible that he told 'porky pies' ... like the add says 'get a bit of pork on your fork' ... perhaps that was his motto.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: Yeah but only "a little bit."

Haven't had a chance to catch up to the with the last two threads. But thought I would just comment on where I have read so far. CJ60 and I were both posting around the same time about Little Ugly Creek... [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7918355#post7918355"]Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8 - Page 17 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't think she was placed where she was found. My theory is that she was carried down the dry creek bed of Little Ugly Creek, which was accessed from Wirrabarra Rd. And she has washed down with the rain. I think that the killer may have thought that without rain the body would decompose down to skeleton before being found. Or with enough rain her body would make it to the Brisbane River, and then out to sea, never to be found.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7938238#post7938238"]Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10 - Page 12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
I truly think Allison was left further upstream. There are reports of drag marks, but no particular site mentioned. It may have been Tyamolum; it may have been near Wirrabarra Rd, Little Ugly Creek, which would have been dry at the time Allison was left there. The torrential downpour that weekend would have brought Allison's body down to the bridge. Otherwise, she may never have been found. JMO

No, there definately was a post that mentioned they were cleaning the car when police got there. I remember seeing it... the conversation on here then turned to us all talking about how maybe GBC wasn't the one who called the police because they turned up when he didn't expect it? I'm no good at remembering who posted what though, sorry.

Thanks linette

So there's no need to be banging my head on the wall!!! :floorlaugh:

I am the same as you I remember reading things but find it hard to keep track of who posted what and when.
There are some fellow sleuthers on here with very good memories....

Haven't had a chance to catch up to the with the last two threads. But thought I would just comment on where I have read so far. CJ60 and I were both posting around the same time about Little Ugly Creek... Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8 - Page 17 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10 - Page 12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The drag marks have come up a few times. I don't know the area well enough to comment on this, but could it be drag marks from a canoe? Are there locations along the creek that someone could drag their canoe down (not necessarily at the bridge, but further upstream), or is there a typical spot (similar to a boat ramp) where people would normally enter the water to canoe?

Edit: should mention I don't mean anyone associated with Allison's murder dragging a canoe down, just mean regular canoeists could have made the drag marks prior.

Thanks Marly
I'm not sure this is the post I'm thinking of. I have in my head that it specifically stated washing or cleaning the car. Maybe this is it and I am confused.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

IMO

I'll have another look later although I'm thinking the "GBC washing the car" may have started as a suggestion...then another member ran with it thinking it was fact.

#29 05-09-2012, 09:11 AM
mum73
Inactive Join Date: Nov 2010

Just wanted to point out something with the photos of the car in the previous thread (not sure how to copy them here); but the marks on the bonnet appear to be paint. There was a photo of the other car on the driveway (will try and find it; it's the one where the word "SHE" is marked out on the driveway, by what appears to be a high pressure spray) and there appears to be more paint on the driveway.
Not sure it's relevant to this matter, but could be a good excuse to be washing the car when the police arrived.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7889086&highlight=washing+car+driveway#post7889086
-------------------------------------------

#180 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Hillsdon
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum73
Just wanted to point out something with the photos of the car in the previous thread (not sure how to copy them here); but the marks on the bonnet appear to be paint. There was a photo of the other car on the driveway (will try and find it; it's the one where the word "SHE" is marked out on the driveway, by what appears to be a high pressure spray) and there appears to be more paint on the driveway.
Not sure it's relevant to this matter, but could be a good excuse to be washing the car when the police arrived.
WASHING THE CAR WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED? How do we know this?
-------------------------------------
#242 05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Hillsdon
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum73
Re Friday morning when Allison was reported missing
Doesn't anyone else think that it's strange that he was washing the car when the police arrived due to a missing person call! If in fact mum73 is correct.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7890421&highlight=washing+car+driveway#post7890421

Haven't had a chance to catch up to the with the last two threads. But thought I would just comment on where I have read so far. CJ60 and I were both posting around the same time about Little Ugly Creek... Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8 - Page 17 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10 - Page 12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you lu lu

I was one of a few posters asking about Little Ugly Creek and these are the posts I was trying to find yesterday....

Marlywings

Would you remember who posted the rumour that when they drove past the BC house they saw 2 people putting something in the car late that Thursday night?

Do you also recall a poster saying something about GBC cleaning the car when police arrived.
Maybe someone else remembers these posts.
Thanks

Zookyliz? Has someone beaten me to this AGAIN?? :please:

Marly, while weve got you here....is there any statements or do you recall any rumours re the bus stop crash at indooroopilly which would indicate that he was actually parked at Indro, wnet shopping, came out to carpark, got in car, and promptly drove into the pylon??? I am hearing some doozies this week so just curious,

wow, this family has a thing for bus stops.

and car crashes.

Thanks linette

So there's no need to be banging my head on the wall!!! :floorlaugh:

I am the same as you I remember reading things but find it hard to keep track of who posted what and when.
There are some fellow sleuthers on here with very good memories....

I do the same thing Firesnake. I can remember the posts, but get mixed up on who posted them. Thank goodness for the posters with excellent memories and those with extra special 'linking' powers.

The drag marks have come up a few times. I don't know the area well enough to comment on this, but could it be drag marks from a canoe? Are there locations along the creek that someone could drag their canoe down (not necessarily at the bridge, but further upstream), or is there a typical spot (similar to a boat ramp) where people would normally enter the water to canoe?

Edit: should mention I don't mean anyone associated with Allison's murder dragging a canoe down, just mean regular canoeists could have made the drag marks prior.

I don't know it was cj60 that mentioned the drag marks. Not me. :)

NBC would most likely know that whole area quite well but I'm wondering,... if this whole case was pre-med, could they have gone out to that area to sus out somewhere to hide the body the weekend or some time before Allison was killed??

My understanding was that the area was occupied by scouts over the weekend on the 14th-15th. GBC could have visited the camp, in theory, but I do not think it really matters as he knows every tree there. As probably NBC as well. Allison could have known that area pretty well, too. So she "could be" there for some unclear reason, on her own, independently. That's why I think that the plan (yes, pre-med) was to "hid" Allison there because she would be found fairly soon and because she was kind of 'affiliated' with the camp via family. If the rainfalls were not that heavy, she would have been found there, and then, who knows, GBC would have come up with some story. He did not have a story for the bridge, he wasn't prepared, hence his confusion and fear right from the day 1. All in my opinion.

great thinking...I know the highway access dir ectly at the bridge would not be considered suitable at all. Who remembers the post (by allicat) regarding her husband who trekked there and saw drag marks? first time it was ever mentioned and probably in the first or seconed thread? I think it was at Kholo Bridge because allicat was alos the member who had the eery feeling very time she went over the brdge in thedays that Allison was missing..Im going b ack to find it now, if Marly doesnt beat me to it!!!

Zookyliz? Has someone beaten me to this AGAIN?? :please:

No Zookyliz mentioned the police being at the house that Thursday night....

#736 05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
zookyliz
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

I live close to the BC residence, and a mate of mine was driving past on the night that she went missing and there were cop cars there at 9pm (note, she apparently went missing at 10pm!). My mates sister later told me that when the police door knocked she asked about it and the cops said they were there for a domestic distrubance... and that they were looking for a body (this was about 5 days into her being missing). The domestic distrubance story was mentioned in the first few news stories, but then was taken out - maybe suppressed on request from the police???
All heresay of course
Mind you, I've heard every theory under the sun from the locals - but I trust that this guy wouldn't just make stuff up

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7987313&highlight=Zookyliz#post7987313

Marly, while weve got you here....is there any statements or do you recall any rumours re the bus stop crash at indooroopilly which would indicate that he was actually parked at Indro, wnet shopping, came out to carpark, got in car, and promptly drove into the pylon??? I am hearing some doozies this week so just curious,

wow, this family has a thing for bus stops.

and pylons.

and car crashes.

No sorry I don't recall anything about him going shopping that day. He was supposedly on his way to police station when he crashed the car. Radster did mention he went into police station that day after the accident but I don't think that was correct as he was taken to hospital by ambulance following the crash.

No Zookyliz mentioned the police being at the house that Thursday night....

#736 05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
zookyliz
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

I live close to the BC residence, and a mate of mine was driving past on the night that she went missing and there were cop cars there at 9pm (note, she apparently went missing at 10pm!). My mates sister later told me that when the police door knocked she asked about it and the cops said they were there for a domestic distrubance... and that they were looking for a body (this was about 5 days into her being missing). The domestic distrubance story was mentioned in the first few news stories, but then was taken out - maybe suppressed on request from the police???
All heresay of course
Mind you, I've heard every theory under the sun from the locals - but I trust that this guy wouldn't just make stuff up

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7987313&highlight=Zookyliz#post7987313

Oh ok thanks Marly - I knew zookyliz brought something new and interesting to the table, I just got the stories mixed up :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil