Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I remembering correctly or did someone post awhile back about signs that the car or cars had been recently washed, early on the morning of Allison being reported missing. Water underneath the car etc ?

And even if someone did suggest he see a doctor to have his injuries examined, then why did he think it necessary to go to 3 different doctors? What was he doctor shopping for? I wonder if he also asked the doctors to examine the scratches on his torso and under his arms or just those on his face?

Maybe he just wanted to find one of them who agreed with his "scratches were caused by shaver" rubbish...lol.

Maybe he just wanted to find one of them who agreed with his "scratches were caused by shaver" rubbish...lol.

EXACTLY!

I think he would have had his NEGOTIATION skills in OVERdrive trying to get this result MarleyWings!

Am I remembering correctly or did someone post awhile back about signs that the car or cars had been recently washed, early on the morning of Allison being reported missing. Water underneath the car etc ?

Yes that is one of the rumours and if true and I am not saying it is as I have no idea, that could explain no plant material in the wheel arches. That is actually why I wondered if there was ANY plant material at all. Or for that matter any dirt as we don't know if there was any dirt present. The complete absence of dirt and plant material may be evidence in itself that it was cleaned.

What is the timeline between the phone pinging at FTP and Gerard taking the washing basket of clothes down the front stairs of his house? Is it possible that the phone was smuggled out in the basket and then disposed of? Were the police in attendance then or only the media??

Sorry AAAA I meant to reply to your post earlier. From memory & I'm not 100% sure but I'll have a look...I think Allison's phone gave out signals for around 48hrs??...

GBC was allowed back at the house around a week after he reported her missing.

April 27, 2012

A TIRED and drawn Gerard Baden-Clay yesterday returned to the Brisbane home he shared with wife Allison for the first time since she vanished a week ago.

Police tape had surrounded the property until late yesterday

Gerard Baden-Clay would not comment as he visited the house to collect clothes and bedding for the couple's three young daughters

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ished-a-week-ago/story-fn7x8me2-1226340478164

Report re Allison's phone...

April 26, 2012

Police said they had yesterday managed to triangulate Mrs Baden-Clay's iPhone, before the battery ran flat, to a location spanning three suburbs in Brisbane's west.

They called on residents of those suburbs - Brookfield (including Upper Brookfield), Kenmore and Pullenvale - to search their properties for any sign of the mum or her mobile phone.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...urbs-of-brisbane/story-e6freoof-1226338302828

Talking of plant material, forensics found no plant material on the wheel arches of the captiva or GBC's shoes, that was found at Kholo Creek. I wonder if they found any plant material at all. He could have got rid of his shoes and either cleaned the wheel arches or just got lucky or didn't drive on the grass at Kholo, just stayed on the bitumen.

Some good thoughts flying around here this afternoon. I got called away, but have just caught up.

The lack of mud or plant material either on his shoes or on the wheel arches would fit with just stopping on the bitumen and rolling the body out of the back and over the edge of the bridge. No going onto the mud at all, despite my previous theory about her being dumped down the bank at the end of Little Ugly Creek.

The evidence from the bail hearing is that she appears to have been put where she was found very soon after death, so whoever put her there wouldn't have gone off the road at all. Just kept an eye open for approaching headlights or car sounds (early hours of the morning would have been pretty deserted out there), stopped on the bridge, done the deed (which would have been fairly nerve-wracking I would think) then driven off, turned around, and gone home.

Hence no mud or plant material on shoes or wheel arches.

Some good thoughts flying around here this afternoon. I got called away, but have just caught up.

The lack of mud or plant material either on his shoes or on the wheel arches would fit with just stopping on the bitumen and rolling the body out of the back and over the edge of the bridge. No going onto the mud at all, despite my previous theory about her being dumped down the bank at the end of Little Ugly Creek.

The evidence from the bail hearing is that she appears to have been put where she was found very soon after death, so whoever put her there wouldn't have gone off the road at all. Just kept an eye open for approaching headlights or car sounds (early hours of the morning would have been pretty deserted out there), stopped on the bridge, done the deed (which would have been fairly nerve-wracking I would think) then driven off, turned around, and gone home.

Hence no mud or plant material on shoes or wheel arches.

And if she was dead, then possible that she would have no broken bones from the fall for reasons you have stated previously. Maybe the chipped tooth occurred on the bridge railings as at least one poster has said ages ago.

I would really like to see the hydrologists report as I still think she was below normal high tide level so I struggle with how could she not have been washed away from the location she was in shortly after she died. There was a lot of water that came from those very heavy rains but presumably the hydrologist says it wasn't enough water to move her body.

And even if someone did suggest he see a doctor to have his injuries examined, then why did he think it necessary to go to 3 different doctors? What was he doctor shopping for? I wonder if he also asked the doctors to examine the scratches on his torso and under his arms or just those on his face?

It will be interesting to see what each of the doctors said at the time about the scratches.

GBC may have arrogantly assumed that only the facial scratches would ever be in question, as these were the ones initially visible. I don't think he ever thought he would be arrested and charged.

I'm wondering if GBC rocked up to the first doctor, said he'd cut himself with the old razor and assumed the doc would simply buy the story and sign off on that? Perhaps the doc queried the cause of the scratches or refused to formally state the alleged cause in written form?

Panic would then set in to some degree, prompting a second, then a third visit to the other doctors.

I still think much of the subsequent doings were more about bluff and bluster amid ludicrous blunders than a carefully thought out and strategically executed plan.

It will be interesting to see what each of the doctors said at the time about the scratches.

GBC may have arrogantly assumed that only the facial scratches would ever be in question, as these were the ones initially visible. I don't think he ever thought he would be arrested and charged.

I'm wondering if GBC rocked up to the first doctor, said he'd cut himself with the old razor and assumed the doc would simply buy the story and sign off on that? Perhaps the doc queried the cause of the scratches or refused to formally state the alleged cause in written form?

Panic would then set in to some degree, prompting a second, then a third visit to the other doctors.

I still think much of the subsequent doings were more about bluff and bluster amid ludicrous blunders than a carefully thought out and strategically executed plan.

Yes good point Oz Jen, maybe he was asking the doctors for a written letter about the scratches and they wouldn't provide one. Even if those doctors hadn't heard any of the news about Allison missing, they would still likely think it strange that he was wanting something like a verification of the cause of the scratches.

Edit. I wonder how the police came to talk to those Doctors. How did they know he had been to see them.

I saved all of the photos of the house from the rental advert and there are no steps visible at the back of the house.

MOO.

Thanks Makara. I knew you would be able to lay your hands quickly on those photos from the real estate's ad. I can clearly see those back steps in my mind - or maybe it's all in my mind only! Looking down on the house it appears that there would have to be steps down to the cars. When I lived in the area, our house was nearly ground level one side and high the other.

I'll keep rattling my brain on this one. :banghead:

In a word - yes. Especially at the microscopic level. A good whack on the front of your chest, or a knee to hold you down, would leave changes there that could be identified even post-mortem and after several days.

I have always felt that she was supine, likely with a knee holding her down, with the assailant over her. He may not have had a top on and therefore it would be easier for scratches to appear on his underarms and below on his torso and chest, not forgetting his face, whilst she struggled for her life. Sorry, but that is a likely scenario. Also, it may be why the children heard nothing, if the struggle took place outside the house. But Scraps sure did hear, enough to bring the owner out to investigate. I am sure that it was earlier reported, when Allison was missing, that arguing was heard from the house vicinity.

Trying to thank posts and it is only working occasionally. I have messaged Marlywings.
Is anyone else having this problem??

No, mine is fine enthralled.

Thanks KG1. Dont know what is going on with mine then.
For what its worth I am enjoying all the input from everyone on here.:rocker:

After posting this I see my thanks are showing. When I went to post them it said I couldnt ???

After looking at the pic that was previously posted of the backyard, it looks like when you come out the back door of the house there is quite a step down from the concrete to the actual ground. Could GBC and Allison have been having words and Allison has lost mis stepped or been pushed and fell onto the grass???

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthralled
Trying to thank posts and it is only working occasionally. I have messaged Marlywings.
Is anyone else having this problem??
Think it's a glitch enthralled. Happens to me regularly. I sign out, refresh and sign in again. Laborious process but it works. :-)

After looking at the pic that was previously posted of the backyard, it looks like when you come out the back door of the house there is quite a step down from the concrete to the actual ground. Could GBC and Allison have been having words and Allison has lost mis stepped or been pushed and fell onto the grass???

Are you just looking at that Patio photo and the photo with the ugly white chest of drawers thing Enthralled? OOOPS you posted the photo too -

If you look at the ones Makara posted - the overall one (I think the first one of these) gives the impression the property slopes down. Maybe I will do a drive by.

I tend to agree with quite a few of you that Allison was most probably pinned down by her assailant with a knee pressing down on her chest. I agree that this is the most likely scenario. A little OT, but I found it interesting:
Lawyer Margaret Mifsud who is believed to have been murdered by her former husband died from “traumatic asphyxia” after she was pinned to her vehicle’s seat.
http://www.timesofmalta.com/article...aumatic-asphyxia-led-to-lawyer-s-death.437751
In this particular case above, Forensic Pathologist, Dr Scerri said there were no external signs of violence on the body except for some blood which had run out of her right nostril and flowed in an upward direction settling near her right eye.

Below link:
Also, I didn’t know this joker was friends with the BC’s?
http://goo.gl/JwpGw
Also thanks for all your great posts, very informative :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth