Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone help me out with reminding me what time Scraps the dog was said to be going crazy at the back fence. Thanks.

The EXACT and precise down to the hour and minute time was not specified. My own post 382 here this thread 41 page 16.

A resident on a neighbouring property said her dog was disturbed on the night Ms Baden-Clay disappeared.

"It is unusual for Scraps as she is never yapping, but she went crazy on Thursday night ... she went out like a bullet down the yard and kept barking," she said.

www.couriermail.com.au/...baden-clay/story-e6freoof-12263365723...

There is 200 to 300 mm of rain predicted for greater brisbane area this weekend. Maybe similar conditions to the rainfall after Allison went missing. Could locals please keep an eye on the water levels at Kholo creek crossing for us and maybe take some photos if there is a lot of water. Stay safe of course.

Yep it's going to be a deluge if the rain mass continues on it's predicted path.

High tide at Kholo tomorrow is around midday...Sunday, 12.35pm...Monday, 1.09pm.

There is 200 to 300 mm of rain predicted for greater brisbane area this weekend. Maybe similar conditions to the rainfall after Allison went missing. Could locals please keep an eye on the water levels at Kholo creek crossing for us and maybe take some photos if there is a lot of water. Stay safe of course.

I have remembered something from the last bout of brisbane floods. My husband dealt with an incident at work where a fellow leapt from an 8 storey (?) or so building into the muddy grassy wet incline below to commit suicide. His body had to be actually dug out of the ground, as it was so damp his elbow and shoulder were completely buried. This would have anchored someone from being moved. Just a random thought, may explain why Allisons body never budged in the rains.

Yep it's going to be a deluge if the rain mass continues on it's predicted path.

High tide at Kholo tomorrow is around midday...Sunday, 12.35pm...Monday, 1.09pm.
High tide at Kholo tomorrow is around midday...Sunday, 12.35pm...Monday, 1.09pm.[/quote]

Is it possible for locals to record Kholo Creek data for tomorrow 26 January 2013 Australia Day? Specifically noting
1. Date and Time
2. River water Levels
3. Flow rate
4. River rise rate.
5 Rainfall at the time. eg hourly and also daily. (This may be more excessive than April 2012)
(Just a table with hourly readings would be useful.)
Thanks in advance. Might be relevant here. BOM should have some data also.

When I read all this imfo and write stuff, all the time in the back of my head I'm trying to grasp how someone can do these horrific things to another human being and her family...I can't wait for March to come.

When I read all this imfo and write stuff, all the time in the back of my head I'm trying to grasp how someone can do these horrific things to another human being and her family...I can't wait for March to come.

Yes we are all hoping to hear that the case against him is strong in evidence

Another lie of GBC's we've/I've been overlooking is the one explaining the cuts on his PALM. He said these were the result of a lightbulb breaking while he was changing it, but his colleague (that he must have named for witness purposes) would not verify this happened.

It was mentioned in an affidavit.

Cant believe all the lies.

As another poster said before, how unlucky can one guy be, all in the same week his wife is murdered???

He will surely be found guilty when all of this is put together...

( I actually cant remember having cuts on my palm, ever. Scratches on the backs of my hands, from bushes etc, but not the palm. So he had deep fingernail gouges to his face, scratches on his neck and torso, and cuts on his palm. Unbelievable. What a situation to be in when you call police to report your wife missing. lol)

Hi Doc, my son's just left and tells me it's actually called Cadaveric Spasm (another name for it being 'instant rigor'). It causes muscle stiffening that occurs the moment your deceased usually if you have died a violent or drowning death. It often gets confused with Rigor Mortis because the dead person usually still has it when R.M. sets in. Hence this is why parts of material/hair from the persons killer have been found in closed fists...hence the death grip...

Morning Judicious. OK - NOW I get what you were referring to. Cadaveric spasm is actually quite rare, whereas rigor mortis is the norm. Nobody really knows just what it is that causes cadaveric spasm, but it tends to affect various parts of the body, eg hand and forearms, or legs, or just the neck, etc.

The other cause of stiffening that is actually much more common (but not in Allison's case) is the intense muscle contraction and shortening we see in burns victims. But that's a whole different ballgame!

Yes, cadaveric spasm can result in an item or fragment being found clutched firmly - the classic one is the drowning victim that literally clutches at straws - or reeds, grass, etc. But as I mentioned, it is quite rare.

But a good point you raise - we will have to wait another few weeks for more details of the autopsy to see if there was any spasm there, although I would doubt it. If Allison died at the house, as the police are alleging, then the spasm would have onset back there. Which could also have made the transport of the body somewhat tricky if it was more than just her hands. And I don't believe for a moment the rumour that the hands had been removed....

Another lie of GBC's we've/I've been overlooking is the one explaining the cuts on his PALM. He said these were the result of a lightbulb breaking while he was changing it, but his colleague (that he must have named for witness purposes) would not verify this happened.

It was mentioned in an affidavit.

Cant believe all the lies.

As another poster said before, how unlucky can one guy be, all in the same week his wife is murdered???

He will surely be found guilty when all of this is put together...

( I actually cant remember having cuts on my palm, ever. Scratches on the backs of my hands, from bushes etc, but not the palm. So he had deep fingernail gouges to his face, scratches on his neck and torso, and cuts on his palm. Unbelievable. What a situation to be in when you call police to report your wife missing. lol)
I've had cuts on my palms - from a large knife and also from the cutting edge of glad wrap - someone way back was talking about glad wrap ....

I've always wondered where GBC pulled the name "Overland" from so the following caught my eye in today's news....

Former top cop Simon Overland, now the head of Tasmania's Justice Department was allegedly king hit by a man as he walked near the Hobart waterfront with his wife

Mr Overland is credited with playing a major role in bringing an end to the Melbourne gangland wars, which resulted in convictions and lengthy jail terms for underworld figures Carl Williams and Tony Mokbel and became the subject of the first Underbelly television series

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ut-holds-his-own/story-e6freon6-1226562139346

Perhaps GBC was a fan of Underbelly??

Happy Australia Day to all our Aussies. And to all in Brisbane/SthEst Qld, stay safe in this weekend's wild weather.

Praying that everyone in Queensland stays safe.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-26/flood-havoc-as-rain-lashes-qld/4485304

5.00am: The focus of the flooding has shifted from Rockhampton in central Queensland to areas further south.

The weather bureau's Rob Webb says the remnants of ex-cyclone Oswald will hit the region over the coming days:

"This low-pressure system now looks set to continue to drift southwards and cause a number of types of severe weather as it continues to drift south."

That has forced Queensland Water Minister Mark McArdle to order releases from Brisbane's dams to prevent flooding:
"We are giving the biggest buffer we possibly can."

SEQ Water will release 41,000 megalitres from Wivenhoe Dam and 8,000 megalitres from North Pine Dam.

Premier Campbell Newman says no-one wants to see the 2011 floods repeated:

"You can't be too careful, particularly given what happened only two years ago."

Residents of Callide Creek, west of Gladstone, have been advised to move to higher ground at the Jambin Hall due to an urgent flood release from the Callide Dam.

http://www.previous.seqwater.com.au/public/source-store-treat-supply/dams/wivenhoe-dam

I dont know if this has been posted already or not and dont have time to look sorry.. but just in case it hasnt.

A big congrats to Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth for being awarded the Australian Police Medal (APM) from the QPS ranks for his distinguished service.

Stupid Gerard didn't think the cops would be smarter than him huh lol.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/01/26/qps-australian-police-medal-recipients/

I dont know if this has been posted already or not and dont have time to look sorry.. but just in case it hasnt.

A big congrats to Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth for being awarded the Australian Police Medal (APM) from the QPS ranks for his distinguished service.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/01/26/qps-australian-police-medal-recipients/

I think the Keystone Cops would have seen right through his flimsy story
:floorlaugh:

Congratulations Sup. Mark Ainsworth. Well earned IMO. We, the community, are pleased to have you on the Baden-Clay case.

I do hope that news gets through to GBC and anyone else involved

I remember a few posters here confessing to being "a little bit in love" with DS Ainsworth... Seems you have good taste in detectives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat