Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's also the extra ongoing costs involved. Higher electricity, rent, insurances etc.

Everything MUST conform to C-21's requirements. Sometimes a refit can be negotiated with a 'local mate' but I imagine everything must be passed by C-21, their colours & banners etc.
Partitioning and furniture can be reused but carpets & window furnishings must be acceptable as its not just an office but it must impress potential clients.
"walk the walk & talk the talk". All that stuff.
I had to choose a company recently and my choice was the more professional one, the company who looked like it could do the job.

Everything MUST conform to C-21's requirements. Sometimes a refit can be negotiated with a 'local mate' but I imagine everything must be passed by C-21, their colours & banners etc.
Partitioning and furniture can be reused but carpets & window furnishings must be acceptable as its not just an office but it must impress potential clients.
I had to choose a company recently and my choice was the more professional one, the company who looked like it could do the job.

And from what I've read about franchise fitouts, they can cost anywhere from
$150k - $600k! When you aren't in control of the costs involved in a fitout, that's when costs really blow out. In our case, we were able to trim costs slightly but still went $20k over budget. I can't imagine why GBC would even contemplate such a move at that time, with the real estate market in free fall etc. All MOO.

No, don't think in MSM. That's just in my opinion. Perhaps I should have worded it; There is a pay phone very close to GBC's old C21 offices, perhaps it would have been very easy for him to use that pay phone to call TM.
Off to hide in shame for a while now - and remember to take a little more time to clarify what has been published in MSM and what has not before I make posts in future.
My apologies to everyone here. Sometimes when you are close to something - what has been actually published in MSM and what seems common knowledge gets muddled. :(

Thanks RLTP. I thought maybe he had been seen at the phone box and I missed it.

I guess conformity is part of being a franchise - mustard jackets and all.

I believe GBC and Allison were in serious financial trouble .............. It affects the ability to be a director of a company, to run a business, to apply for any credit, to rent a house etc. And the non financial consequences of loss of reputation, both business and personally. GBC I think would have been mortified about going bankrupt. Serious consequences which were within the realm of possibility with GBC and Allison in my opinion.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/ipswich-man-convicted-of-wifes-murder-20121101-28mji.html

.......selectively snipped by me......

Having experienced liquidation of our business two years ago, the non financial "cost" on a marriage is momentous. If my father in law had not dug us out of our quagmire, I doubt very much if we would have stayed together because the blaming and sniping at each other NEVER stops when a business goes bad and husband and wife are involved. On top of Allison's burden of domestic unkindness, there would have been additional abuse experienced as a result of the demands of the business. Not an excuse for murder, but definitely an additional pressure.

Exactly. Where did all the money go?
I remain amazed that they were living in a rented property and were not in the process of owning a family property which Allison and the girls could call 'home'. A rented propery is not really 'home'. It has a temporary sense about it. This may have been a depressing factor for Allison, that is, no home to call their own. Restrictions apply to rented properties which prevent the creativity one could have with feeling safe and secure in your own home environment. Again with the alleged financial debts, how was GBC going to pay for the children's education at IGGS in the next year or so? IMO the financial pressure was in the red zone. My opinion only.

My boss has 3 investment properties but rents his own home. Wife and 4 kids. I think some people think there are advantages to this from a tax perspective (trusts, etc), but I agree with you that if one rents, there is not the same sense of belonging as there is with ones own property. And yes, everything point to the fact that the financial "bomb" was about to go off!

My boss has 3 investment properties but rents his own home. Wife and 4 kids. I think some people think there are advantages to this from a tax perspective (trusts, etc), but I agree with you that if one rents, there is not the same sense of belonging as there is with ones own property. And yes, everything point to the fact that the financial "bomb" was about to go off!

Thanks Case Closed. It somehow doesn't add up - sells houses, but doesn't own one himself. Not a very good advertisement for his business. Maybe, just maybe he never had money for a deposit. Seems like as soon as he had money, he'd pay off another debt and live the high life with the rest.

Can anyone confirm if there was any evidence in media reports of house or car cleaning in the BC household on the night Alison disappeared?

Can anyone confirm if there was any evidence in media reports of house or car cleaning in the BC household on the night Alison disappeared?

Just a verified insider suggesting that NBC was seen with a vacuum cleaner - Marley clarified on the last threads I think.

As far as I'm aware, no, there's not been any mention in MSM about the house being cleaned on the night Allison disappeared..or the following day. There was speculation on here about whether or not the house or cars had been cleaned prior to arrival of police.

The following is a section of a post re the vacuum cleaner bag, from member itsthevibe, a verified insider. As with all info from our verified insiders, you may take it into consideration or not.

"Also from the same source was that when police were doing their searches, they wanted to seize the contents of a vacuum cleaner dust bag, and NBC refused to give it to them if they didn't have a search warrant. (I'm assuming this was at the NBC house but I dont know for sure)"

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8026080&postcount=403"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #19[/ame]

And yes, everything point to the fact that the financial "bomb" was about to go off!

CC that is a really good way of expressing their financial situation. It sums it up perfectly for me.

The wheels of our justice system grind slowly but surely.

The wheels of our justice system grind slowly but surely.

Have you decided to go to the hearing Ali? No doubt it will be packed to the hilt - do people from the public ever get turned away if there is too much of a crowd?

I would love to go Thinking but the days don't work for me with the kids. I haven't ever seen anyone turned away from court but I have seen some very full standing room only court rooms. I don't know how big the new magistrate court rooms are as I haven't been there. If there is a bigger court room, I think they would be using it due to the public interest.

I think we will all be on tenterhooks for those three days - twitter will be going crazy and I hope that GBC is quaking in his boots - although his team would know what the prosecution have on him wouldn't they - but sometimes things don't look as damning on paper as they do when someone says it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory