Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she have been killed earlier than we all think ?....5.30pm-ish.....just thinking out of the box.....
or could she have been place at Kholo Creek at sunrise ? (When he was out driving and looking for her ?)
(This is because of all the talk of darkness....)

I recall it being reported that the police think she may have been killed as early as 8pm but I think it was later, after the girls went to bed, maybe somewhere between 9 and 10 pm, though that is just my theory.

Could she have been killed earlier than we all think ?....5.30pm-ish.....just thinking out of the box.....
or could she have been place at Kholo Creek at sunrise ? (When he was out driving and looking for her ?)
(This is because of all the talk of darkness....)

Well she was at the hairdresser that night so I don't think it would have been earlier, as in daylight hours...

However the sunrise theory is interesting to me, as it was around the 4am mark, from memory, that the two cars were sighted along Mt Crosby Rd, one with headlights off or dimmed.

I recall it being reported that the police think she may have been killed as early as 8pm but I think it was later, after the girls went to bed, maybe somewhere between 9 and 10 pm, though that is just my theory.

We know she had her hair done that evening, and she text her best friend around 8 didn't she?
Plus, there must be a reason his phone was off the charger through the middle of the night until 1.48am. Presumably this is when he was disposing of poor Allisons body.

SNAP Thinking :)

Whenever I wonder about whether he really wanted a body found, I keep returning to the same thoughts-
-he had tertairy education in accounting, and most lay people know this anyhow, so I cant imagine he wouldn't know this
-he apparently killed her for the money, not just to get rid of her out of his life, so this must have come into his plan

and if he didn't want her found, why not go fully bush and bury her. Apparently most murders are completed by a crude burying of the victim at the least.

Only thoughts.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Very sad.

Absolutely agree. I guess it depends on if/how premeditated it was? If it was premeditated and he did his homework then yes he would have known this for sure. If it wasnt, he may have panicked and just wanted to move her fast. I know whenever I'm under stress my rationality and logic goes out the window.

It's not up there on the most probable of theories, but who knows? There's a lot of things that don't make sense and a lot of weird almost stupid slip ups that you wouldn't expect someone of his standing to make. All IMO based on what we know if course!

Thanks obsessor it's been a hard time. Life goes on. But with a little less colour for me.

Doc mentioned last night that there was a decent distance from the start of the armco railing along the eastern approach to the bridge, to where Allisons body was. Does anyone know how far this is? He said it would be difficult to imagine someone dragging/carrying a body from the end of this railing to the creek bank.
Just wondering now about horizontal distance- not vertical drop or slope.

So many ifs and buts and so many different scenarios .. it's hard to keep up!

The theory of her having been wrapped in something (shower curtain, etc.) when she was left under the bridge is very good IMO! This would also explain why there wasn't any more blood (or other bodily fluids) in the back of the car. We also have to remember that there was a lot of rain after she was placed there and some leaves/polen, etc could have been washed away by the heavy rain.

I think disposing of her at sunrise (or close to it) would have been very risky. More traffic from about 4 am and some daylight from about 5:30 am.

I don't really know if he was actively involved in Scouts, but if he had a uniform, my guess was that he had some active involvement in this movement and had some bush-bashing experience.

I also believe he wanted to collect on the insurance quickly and take off to South Africa, where he might have contacts. Would he have taken the girls with him? Did the girls have valid passports?

To quote Mr Dickie : he said Allison went for a walk and didn't come back and that was all he said . That was all ? He didn't ask if they had heard or seen of her ? He didn't think that Allison may have turned to her family for help ? No because he knew where she was and all he had to do was play concerned husband for a little bit and then it's business as usual. Moo

Doc mentioned last night that there was a decent distance from the start of the armco railing along the eastern approach to the bridge, to where Allisons body was. Does anyone know how far this is? He said it would be difficult to imagine someone dragging/carrying a body from the end of this railing to the creek bank.
Just wondering now about horizontal distance- not vertical drop or slope.

Judging by Google Maps and the scale on the map, the Armco roadside barrier extends about 25-30 metres back from the bridge. Doesn't sound far, but carrying or dragging a body would make it seem like much further.

Given that there was no evidence of mud, gravel, or plants on either the car or GBC's clothes, then EITHER it had all been washed off very thoroughly (those Forensic Crime Scene techs don't miss much - even a hair!) or he didn't go off the road.

I'm still thinking he stopped ON the bridge, perhaps where the bridge railing proper starts, and she went over there. She was lying in thick mud, and had left a distinct impression in the mud from laying there, so perhaps the mud softened her landing somewhat, especially if the tide WAS up high at the time. Perhaps she DID land with a splash in water - even if it was right near the edge of it - and that may have cushioned her fall as well?

But the problem with that theory is the plant material found in her hair, clothes, and body. If she'd been lying in the edge of the water, with tides rising up and down and either partially covering her or fully covering her (although not moving her according to the hydrologist), I'm surprised that plant material survived the 11 days without being washed away, especially in that ridiculously heavy rain we had just before she was found.

Another little mystery.... ;)

So many ifs and buts and so many different scenarios .. it's hard to keep up!

The theory of her having been wrapped in something (shower curtain, etc.) when she was left under the bridge is very good IMO! This would also explain why there wasn't any more blood (or other bodily fluids) in the back of the car. We also have to remember that there was a lot of rain after she was placed there and some leaves/polen, etc could have been washed away by the heavy rain.

I think disposing of her at sunrise (or close to it) would have been very risky. More traffic from about 4 am and some daylight from about 5:30 am.

I don't really know if he was actively involved in Scouts, but if he had a uniform, my guess was that he had some active involvement in this movement and had some bush-bashing experience.

I also believe he wanted to collect on the insurance quickly and take off to South Africa, where he might have contacts. Would he have taken the girls with him? Did the girls have valid passports?

BINGO! I couldn't understand how he could have been a flight risk when he stayed and looked after the girls before the arrest. I'm wondering now if there was a request for passports for the girls or even enquiries to travel before the arrest.

Judging by Google Maps and the scale on the map, the Armco roadside barrier extends about 25-30 metres back from the bridge. Doesn't sound far, but carrying or dragging a body would make it seem like much further.

Given that there was no evidence of mud, gravel, or plants on either the car or GBC's clothes, then EITHER it had all been washed off very thoroughly (those Forensic Crime Scene techs don't miss much - even a hair!) or he didn't go off the road.

I'm still thinking he stopped ON the bridge, perhaps where the bridge railing proper starts, and she went over there. She was lying in thick mud, and had left a distinct impression in the mud from laying there, so perhaps the mud softened her landing somewhat, especially if the tide WAS up high at the time. Perhaps she DID land with a splash in water - even if it was right near the edge of it - and that may have cushioned her fall as well?

But the problem with that theory is the plant material found in her hair, clothes, and body. If she'd been lying in the edge of the water, with tides rising up and down and either partially covering her or fully covering her (although not moving her according to the hydrologist), I'm surprised that plant material survived the 11 days without being washed away, especially in that ridiculously heavy rain we had just before she was found.

Another little mystery.... ;)

Thanks Doc. I do agree with all you say here.

Regarding the plant material still being on her, I think if it was in her hair it would have stayed. Hair gets quite matted if treated roughly. Dragging her along a path would have matted some of the debri into her hair.
Once hair gets feral like this, it becomes a case of having to pick out the debri as it doesn't just slide out with a wash.
My dogs tail is an example.

Thanks Doc. I do agree with all you say here.

Regarding the plant material still being on her, I think if it was in her hair it would have stayed. Hair gets quite matted if treated roughly. Dragging her along a path would have matted some of the debri into her hair.
Once hair gets feral like this, it becomes a case of having to pick out the debri as it doesn't just slide out with a wash.
My dogs tail is an example.

I'm familiar with a ponytail, but I've not seen a dog's tail hair style before... :floorlaugh:

But on the more serious point - yes, you're right. Matted-in plant material may well have survived the multiple washes by the creek and the rain.

The apparent discrepancy between where we now know she was found, the tidal levels, the creek flooding, and the hydrology report, still bothers me somewhat.

MM, what is the concrete slab that you are referring to? I thought she was below the concrete base of the pylons in the flat bit of mud next to the water.

This is where I got my idea from - water level rises above the pylon base so plenty of mud there above the concrete slab... I stand corrected Makara. I
had figured that the stretcher was moved below the pylons in order for ease of winching up.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2012/04/30/1226342/954549-body-recovered.jpg

Morning MM :)

I think you're looking at a different set of pylons and the corresponding concrete base. The ones mainly visible in your pic are the SECOND set, heading across the bridge. Their bases are in the water a lot of the time.

The FIRST set is to the right, to our right of the yellow stretcher - I'm pretty sure that is the set of pylons with the concrete base in question, and Allison was found just down from THAT concrete base. And to retrieve her, they just carefully rolled her onto a tarpaulin then placed her on the stretcher - they didn't move her DOWN the bank. She remained in the position she was lying when found.

But it is still in the tidal mud that is exposed as the tide goes down - and covered on the high tide (as per Makara's clean-up team picture).

BINGO! I couldn't understand how he could have been a flight risk when he stayed and looked after the girls before the arrest. I'm wondering now if there was a request for passports for the girls or even enquiries to travel before the arrest.
I recall there being an allegation reported in msm that a surrupitious enquiry/attempt may have been made for new passports and passports for the girls. The Detectives learned about it before they arrested him. It was around the time Nigelaine were captured on camera hurriedly returning home and a neighbour collected their luggage from the boot of their car. This was shown on mainstream tv. The facts are both Bail Justice's determined that the alleged murderer remained a serious flight risk. Remember, the girls were placed in the care of the Dickies. In my honest opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery