Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was guessing someone might suggest it was just to hide the affair, but really, who looks through your emails? Why would anyone have ever found out what was in his personal emails to TM unless he was investigated AND charged with murder and then the email got published?

If he was truly innocent, except of adultery, I dont believe anyone needed to find out about the adultery. People dont get tried and hung for that these days. The police would not have persued him had this been all they unearthed in their investigation of him. IMO.

... BUT, it is a strong motive for murder, in the eyes of investigators: Husband's wife is missing ... and husband is having an affair! ... one of the most common motives to get rid of wife.

She will be MAD as ...! Unless they have been keeping a relationship by post during these last 9 months, I think her feelings for him would have died down by now and I would hope she will let him have it (by way of telling all she knows).

Just out of curiousity do they still go through prisoners mail these days?

... BUT, it is a strong motive for murder, in the eyes of investigators: Husband's wife is missing ... and husband is having an affair! ... one of the most common motives to get rid of wife.

Yes, it is, but if you are innocent, you dont need to worry about that, cos you know they wont be able to pin you for murder... dont you think?

If he was 100% innocent he may have considered what things may make him look guilty, and try to avoid doing those things, but he had already told the police he was having an affair and Allison had found out about that, so he didn't need to hide it from them??

And for what it's worth Lycheefarmer, I struggle to reconcile ABC suiciding when her phone is missing in action. No note from a well-educated woman who doted on her children???. At best she has been framed as suicidal in a tacky way ie scattered packets of Zoloft - seriously who does this in their garage with young children???!! <modsnip>No offence but its a long bow to draw. Roll on next Monday...

The possibility of the phone being connected to FTP tower whilst still being in the vicinity of the 150m search area in Brookfield was discussed in earlier threads, but we were unable to establish whether it was actually possible or not.

.. the phone .. the phone. Let's think for a moment that they got into an argument at home, he beat her, went too far and killed her. Would she have had the phone in her hand all that time? or would the phone have been in her handbag or would the phone (like many of us) be on the kitchen counter or a table. After the deed was done, I believe his main concern was what to do with HER ... not the phone. That was an after-thought IMO. He had to dispose of her .. and later dispose of any incriminating evidence. Later, when perhaps someone else was at the house: NBC or OW? ... helping with the clean up. We know someone took GBCs phone in the early hours of Friday ... assuming it was him, then her phone would have stayed home at that point in time, because it was not needed as a communications device. I believe it was disposed of AFTER he returned without HER. It could have been thrown somewhere by NBC? .. or taken by OW? Her belongings were not searched, at least I don't think so. IMO MOO MOO.

Yes, it is, but if you are innocent, you dont need to worry about that, cos you know they wont be able to pin you for murder... dont you think?

If he was 100% innocent he may have considered what things may make him look guilty, and try to avoid doing those things, but he had already told the police he was having an affair and Allison had found out about that, so he didn't need to hide it from them??

Maybe not from the police, but from his mother, OW, father even. Nothing had been reported in the press at that stage. I am 100% convinced he is guilty, therefore the fact that he was trying to hide that part of his life comes with the territory IMO.

The missing phone has always intrigued me too. Just why was it missing, and what was on it that was so incriminating or bore witness to another's lies? To those of my fellow posters who are less technically challenged than myself, what can be on a phone, but untraceable via the provider or provider records?

Maybe it was never their intention for the phone to disappear for good. Maybe they just wanted to make it vanish to support the story of her going for a walk (taking her phone as usual) ... and perhaps being kidnapped, etc.

.. the phone .. the phone. Let's think for a moment that they got into an argument at home, he beat her, went too far and killed her. Would she have had the phone in her hand all that time? or would the phone have been in her handbag or would the phone (like many of us) be on the kitchen counter or a table. After the deed was done, I believe his main concern was what to do with HER ... not the phone. That was an after-thought IMO. He had to dispose of her .. and later dispose of any incriminating evidence. Later, when perhaps someone else was at the house: NBC or OW? ... helping with the clean up. We know someone took GBCs phone in the early hours of Friday ... assuming it was him, then her phone would have stayed home at that point in time, because it was not needed as a communications device. I believe it was disposed of AFTER he returned without HER. It could have been thrown somewhere by NBC? .. or taken by OW? Her belongings were not searched, at least I don't think so. IMO MOO MOO.

My feelings are that disposing of the phone was an afterthought too for whatever reason.

Well, I can't provide a link - but from personal experience; when I began to have suspicions that my (now ex) partner was having an affair, I looked through his personal emails. In fact I went through anything I could find like a crazy obsessed lunatic! I actually found a hotmail address in 'a name other than his' in the end. :)

... been there, done that too! Looking for any evidence!

the phone .. the phone. Let's think for a moment that they got into an argument at home, he beat her, went too far and killed her. Would she have had the phone in her hand all that time? or would the phone have been in her handbag or would the phone (like many of us) be on the kitchen counter or a table. After the deed was done, I believe his main concern was what to do with HER ... not the phone. That was an after-thought IMO. He had to dispose of her .. and later dispose of any incriminating evidence. Later, when perhaps someone else was at the house: NBC or OW? ... helping with the clean up. We know someone took GBCs phone in the early hours of Friday ... assuming it was him, then her phone would have stayed home at that point in time, because it was not needed as a communications device. I believe it was disposed of AFTER he returned without HER. It could have been thrown somewhere by NBC? .. or taken by OW? Her belongings were not searched, at least I don't think so. IMO MOO MOO.

This is EXACTLY what I was going to point out also, If that phone was taken and smashed etc then who did it? he was being watched very closely from the moment the responding police showed up, at which point it was still active....
But I didn't want to push my crazy drain theories too far for one day!:dance:

Maybe it was never their intention for the phone to disappear for good. Maybe they just wanted to make it vanish to support the story of her going for a walk (taking her phone as usual) ... and perhaps being kidnapped, etc.

Another possibility is that he may have only found her phone in the pocket of her tracky pants when he was out at Kholo Creek - and suddenly realized that it could have had location services switched on and tracked the entire journey. So maybe he grabbed it before rolling her off the bridge, then got rid of it on the way home? Just another vague possibility.

KG1 - all sorts of stuff can be recovered from a found phone, especially an iPhone which is what Allison had. And especially if she had tracking apps on there such as "Find My Friends" - which GBC had on his. He said he used it, but he didn't - the judge commented that he must have been stupid to say he used it when he hadn't. But Allison's may have been running, so the track would have been recoverable. Also any texts including the ones he sent that morning, but which we only presume got to Allison's phone - we don't actually know that. As they both had iPhones, the messages could have gone via iMessage and not via the phone system at all.

Also Allison's Contacts list, her Calendar, her Notes if she used them.

Now presumably the Police could have got a lot of that stuff from the home computer that Allison used to sync her phone to - it stores backups. So whatever was on there that could have been incriminating would presumably have been something that occurred after the last sync.

And of course we know that details such as phone going on and off charger are logged.

Lots more too, especially with that Cellebrite software that is used by Forensic techs.

Another possibility is that he may have only found her phone in the pocket of her tracky pants when he was out at Kholo Creek - and suddenly realized that it could have had location services switched on and tracked the entire journey. So maybe he grabbed it before rolling her off the bridge, then got rid of it on the way home? Just another vague possibility.

KG1 - all sorts of stuff can be recovered from a found phone, especially an iPhone which is what Allison had. And especially if she had tracking apps on there such as "Find My Friends" - which GBC had on his. He said he used it, but he didn't - the judge commented that he must have been stupid to say he used it when he hadn't. But Allison's may have been running, so the track would have been recoverable. Also any texts including the ones he sent that morning, but which we only presume got to Allison's phone - we don't actually know that. As they both had iPhones, the messages could have gone via iMessage and not via the phone system at all.

Now presumably the Police could have got a lot of that stuff from the home computer that Allison used to sync her phone to - it stores backups. So whatever was on there that could have been incriminating would presumably have been something that occurred after the last sync.

And of course we know that details such as phone going on and off charger are logged.

Lots more too, especially with that Cellebrite software that is used by Forensic techs.

Interesting...so is her phone even relevant to recover evidence-wise? I'm ignorant about forensic technology...are you implying that any important (incriminating) information will be able to be recovered if she has synced her phone with the computer regularly? I know there was talk (maybe rumours) that hard drives were wiped in NBC and maybe GBC'S computers - sorry Marly no link :blushing:

I have an iPhone and I don't sync via my Mac but through the Cloud. Nothing is backed-up on the Mac. But I guess Apple would have given QPS access to her Cloud? Do we know if Apple ever gave QPS access to any of ABC's account info, data, etc.?

My feelings are that disposing of the phone was an afterthought too for whatever reason.

Perhaps someone called Allison's phone and he didn't know what to do but he had to act quickly and decided he better try ringing her phone also. Because if someone tried to call her early that morning and she didn't answer it may not fit in with the times in his version of what happened .

Interesting...so is her phone even relevant to recover evidence-wise? I'm ignorant about forensic technology...are you implying that any important (incriminating) information will be able to be recovered if she has synced her phone with the computer regularly? I know there was talk (maybe rumours) that hard drives were wiped in NBC and maybe GBC'S computers - sorry Marly no link :blushing:

Data can be recovered from hard drives that have been wiped. It is a lengthy process, but it is possible, and it has been done before. The only sure way to destroy evidence is to actually physically destroy the hard drive. But, I once watched a documentary where the police in Hawaii recovered data from a hard drive that had been in a fire and was partially damaged. Clever technology and people!

I have an iPhone and I don't sync via my Mac but through the Cloud. Nothing is backed-up on the Mac. But I guess Apple would have given QPS access to her Cloud? Do we know if Apple ever gave QPS access to any of ABC's account info, data, etc.?

Yes, backups can be done to the cloud. But that requires a moderate degree of bandwidth available, and with three girls, and on a tight budget, I'm only guessing, but perhaps the BC household was on a fairly limited Internet plan?

But of course, those backups could be obtained via subpoena, I would have thought (Ali?) from Apple. And of course, if they WERE synced to her computer.....

I sync mine to my computer, others prefer iCloud, and some do both.

All my incriminating evidence would be on my laptop...! :great:

It would not surprise me in the least if we see a lot of detail about what she says published in MSM. :)

"Sex sells. At least that's what press proprietors believe. So day after day stories about sex fill pages of newspapers. Extra-marital affairs, prostitutes, sex-changes …"
http://books.google.com.au/books?id...EwAA#v=onepage&q=sex sells newspapers&f=false

I agree, but I will not be surprised if the committal hearing concentrates more on the professional witnesses, eg. forensics etc., as opposed to TM and others. If and when this goes to trial, TM will certainly have her day in court. :twocents:

As I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being done for fraud aswell. IMO

I agree linette. :twocents:

GBC told the attending police on the 20 April that he had been having an affair but it was over. He lied to the police. The affair was still on-goingwhen he reported Allison missing.:twocents:

I agree Ali. IMO GBC realised Allison's phone was still in the house after he had disposed of her body and he had to get rid of it ASAP. So sometime between when he returned from Kholo Creek and when he phoned the police on the Friday morning, he has disposed of the phone. He may have quickly stashed the phone in the backyard somewhere, planning to return to it later to get rid of it entirely. He didn't expect to be under suspicion and thought he'd simply retrieve the phone after talking to police on the Friday morning. How wrong he was! :twocents:

Yes there was "talk" re the hard drives being wiped. From our verified insider squizzey1...make of it what you will.

sorry about typo with bathwater. info is he got expert to delete off hard drive and QPS have been unable to retrieve any info. like you am no expert. cant even spell ha ha

Yes there was "talk" re the hard drives being wiped. From our verified insider squizzey1...make of it what you will.

Thank you superwoman/man! I have always assumed you are female Marlywings. Apologies for what I posted earlier that was not allowed :truce: I'm still learning, and get carried away by my emotions in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321