Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be very pleased you missed the trailer incident. It was totally irrelevant. Nothing to see there.

A bit like what size Allison was and what size her clothes were. (Ha, just joking)

Sorry, I feel bad for being cranky now. Talk about whatever you like. Don't listen to me. I have no clue. Feeling better now x

Sounds like you've had your coffee now?? Just joking. :floorlaugh:

Sounds like you've had your coffee now?? Just joking. :floorlaugh:

Hi, my name is curious as a cat and I am a caffeineaholic.

I can sense Kim and her ray gun or Marly and her wand about to strike with lightening for chit chatting.

Sorry guys. It is a great coffee by the way : )

Be very pleased you missed the trailer incident. It was totally irrelevant. Nothing to see there.

A bit like what size Allison was and what size her clothes were. (Ha, just joking)

Sorry, I feel bad for being cranky now. Talk about whatever you like. Don't listen to me. I have no clue. Feeling better now x

You are funny when you're cranky! You made me laugh!

I've been thinking about OW's statement the last few days, and tried to consider other reasons for Allison's disappearance and death (just playing devil's advocate). I really am stumped at what could possibly be presented at the trial (or before) that would remove the guilt from GBC. Here's what I've come up with so far:

-Allison committed suicide - can pretty much rule this out, unless there's evidence we haven't seen or heard yet (doubtful). For this to even be plausible, her car would have to have been left at the bridge, but even then, the fall from the bridge doesn't seem to be lethal. And I can't see someone who doesn't walk often been able to walk that distance, in darkness, emotionally upset enough to want to take her own life. And the most important lack of evidence IMO is no note for her family/friends was left.

-Another family member: I just don't see GBC being willing enough to take the fall for someone else. I guess there's the possibility that someone in the family is holding something over him (blackmail), but even then, it would have to be a very dark and disturbing secret to outweigh possibly spending life in jail.

-A 3rd party known to Allison/GBC: Who would want to hurt Allison? Normally in these high profile cases, any 'living a secret life' rumours tend to come out. From what we've read, there is nothing to suggest Allison was anything but what has already been presented - a loving mother, a wife trying to fix her marriage, a much loved daughter, and committed friend. Did GBC have any enemies - well probably. Maybe a jilted husband of one of his affairs (were there other women he has 'dated' over the years that the police/public are unaware of?), bad business dealings, or over some other grievance. But the stars would have to align for one of these people that GBC 'did over' to also be capable and willing to kill another person (Allison). Although there are weirdos and murderers in the world, they really aren't that common.

-An unknown third person: what's the possibility that someone who is unknown to the family took Allison's life? The questions that come up here are - why? It would have to be a random attack, or someone who has targeted her. But why? opportunity? Although GBC said Allison went for a walk, others who knew her said she wasn't a regular walker. Even if GBC was telling the truth, and she walked a few times a week, it didn't sound like she walked the same mornings. So it would suggest the person either wasn't stalking her, or if he/she was, they would have to be very very very patient and sit and wait for an opportunity. Also, there has been no mention of a break-in at Allison's house that night/morning, so it rules out that someone entered their house and took her. If the screams heard that night were Allison been abducted, I just can't imagine GBC sleeping through that, even if a heavy sleeper. There's heavy sleepers, but IMO, in that area where they lived, with sound travelling and been amplified, GBC would have to have been comotose to not hear the screams.

-GBC killed Allison in self defense: this has been something I've thought about, not because I believe it for a second, but because I wonder if the defense will try this angle. That Allison attacked him, GBC was too embarrassed to say what really caused the injuries to his body (Allison), and that he killed her by accident trying to protect himself. This would be plausible IF there was prior documented evidence from medical practitioners and people who knew them that suggested spousal violence. As far as we know, there is nothing of the sort available to the defense. And quite often when someone is defending themselves, wounds often appear on certain parts of their body, like forearms.

Anyway, that was just some of my thoughts on why OW believes there is another version of the truth floating around. Just to be clear, I don't believe any of these make sense. I believe GBC took Allison's life. But it is interesting trying to second guess the defense.

I forgot to add one other possibility - a hit/run and the person dumping Allison's body. But if this happened, Allison surely would have had broken bones? I can't imagine someone dying from an accident like that without ANY broken bones? Totally implausible IMO too.

.....-snipped-..... that was just some of my thoughts on why OW believes there is another version of the truth floating around. Just to be clear, I don't believe any of these make sense. I believe GBC took Allison's life. But it is interesting trying to second guess the defense.

OW doesnt have any idea what otherwise could have happened to Allison- she is merely hoping that by committing to Gerards innocence unwaiveringly, and praying like f*c£ every day and night in the meantime, that an alternative reason is going to fall from the sky miraculously and present itself to the police, or the family, or his legal team.
Thats my opinion anyhow.

Gerards legal team, on the other hand, will be merely trying to discredit the evidence, and show reasons why he couldnt have done it. They're probably looking a bit more critically at the evidence than Olivia and are probably not relying on blind faith and prayer to help him through.

LOL Poor Curiousasacat.....it's awful when you feel grumpy

Strangeworld...I liked reading that last post....interesting.

I think Gerard is a big spoilt sook that loves himself and must
get his own way...and is a cold blooded killer...yuck

Just thinking about the money and where it has all gone and the differences between Allison and Gerard. I agree completely with Alioop (I think it was ) who said Gerard was out spending up and living big all the time, so if anyone is to blame for overspending in the household it would be him. Allison, however, seemed mindful of realising they needed to tighten their belts etc.

By looking at the photos of the outside of the house, I would agree with others that they didnt focus 100% on making the home beautiful, and I also think you can make an educated assumption from these that Allison did not spend money like some women are known to. It appears that at home, they lived like your average family, not the high life, and good on her. I see her as being very sensible and down to earth. Plenty of women have spent double what their husbands income is because they like to spend and to keep up with the Jones'.

The point I was going to make is that if the shoe was on the other foot at the moment, and Allison was needing to employ a legal team for herself, you can almost bet it would be one that was well within her budget.
The two were just so different.

From memory, the photos' of the function were removed due to the intense interest from people looking at them.
I believe they were removed by Mods.

No, the photographer's site that was hosting them put password protection on and they became inaccessible

Just thinking about the money and where it has all gone and the differences between Allison and Gerard. I agree completely with Alioop (I think it was ) who said Gerard was out spending up and living big all the time, so if anyone is to blame for overspending in the household it would be him. Allison, however, seemed mindful of realising they needed to tighten their belts etc.

By looking at the photos of the outside of the house, I would agree with others that they didnt focus 100% on making the home beautiful, and I also think you can make an educated assumption from these that Allison did not spend money like some women are known to. It appears that at home, they lived like your average family, not the high life, and good on her. I see her as being very sensible and down to earth. Plenty of women have spent double what their husbands income is because they like to spend and to keep up with the Jones'.

The point I was going to make is that if the shoe was on the other foot at the moment, and Allison was needing to employ a legal team for herself, you can almost bet it would be one that was well within her budget.
The two were just so different.

Many parents don't worry about home aesthetics until the kids are older. It is just a waste of energy.

Many parents don't worry about home aesthetics until the kids are older. It is just a waste of energy.

True. Then you get those who insist everything must be perfect and their kids aren't allowed to make a mess. Know which I'd rather be...

Absolutely. My point was more that by all appearances Allison certainly was not one of the last of the big spenders- GBC was more likely to have blown the budget and not prepared for the leaner times than Allison.

I'm about to go back and find the posts about the other statements that are not yet purchased, but before I do, has anyone decided to purchase any other statements? It would be best that we not double up.
And was there any way of knowing where we might find Olivias???? I would LOVE to see that one and read about how she came to be at the house that morning and why??? hmmm

I just found Alioops post 111 this thread. It suggest doc 20 might be worth a try. Was anyone going ahead with this, before I decide whether to? Ta.

I am happy to buy docs. Remind me how and I will get to it.
And where are you seeing the text messages?

I am happy to buy docs. Remind me how and I will get to it.
And where are you seeing the text messages?

I think the text message was in the computer techs report

94, I then used a software application to examjne these backup files. I observed this backup to be from Gerard's iPhone. The t)?e of data available this progam extracted includes Piolos, Contacts, Calendar, SMS messages, Recordings Cali history and other dala types. lr\lhebackrp
data,I observed SMS messages.I observed messages sent fiom and to mobile number ,lil:l,i,.a 61401149013. I observed amessage rece|el on t}le 181412012 at l1:59 AM from 61401149013 ' and tie contents of this message were 'Having fu r,ith yout companion? Hope you're not
pulting any seals down in the back ofsnowy ? 22', I then observed a reply message seot on ihe 181412072 at 12:19 pn and the corterts of this message rrere 'I'm sorry that you feel this way. You haye nothing lo be cancerned about. Feelfree to call or text me any time. Love, G'.l utt
able lo produce the contents ofthis iPhone backup file extraction.

Something I found odd in the autopsy report was what she was wearing . She was not a big lady ,size 12 I think, and yet she had size XXL pants on . Wonder if they were hers coz thats probably a size 20 or 22 Just pondering

Could they have been EBC's.

Does anyone know what the link may be between GBC and Ssgt Curtis? From the recorded interview transcript, though it's unclear, it seems like he says "I know you Narelle" when she first arrives and then later he says "You used my phone at the thing. You guys don't get issued with them which is ridiculous." I am not suggesting anything untoward between them, just curious.

Does anyone know what the link may be between GBC and Ssgt Curtis? From the recorded interview transcript, though it's unclear, it seems like he says "I know you Narelle" when she first arrives and then later he says "You used my phone at the thing. You guys don't get issued with them which is ridiculous." I am not suggesting anything untoward between them, just curious.

I read in one of the police statements that there was a dispute at one of the C21 rental properties which borders Kholo Creek bridge and the police were involved. That could be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper