Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thought, but I dont think she'd be her usual happy self, as Olivia descibed her, if this was the case.

I just can't believe anything Olivia says and we only have her word for it that her and Allison were close. Judging by her protectiveness of her brother that we have all seen, I wonder if Allison would ever have confided her personal problems to her.

In Olivia's last phone call to Allison she may well have put her happy face on or Olivia could be lieing anyway as the family were pretending that Gerald and Allison had a workable marriage and that they are all a big happy family and all that bullcrap. Allison's depression was probably "self-inflicted" or nothing to do with what she had to put up with her lousy husband according to her in-laws.

I would find it extraordinary if Allison had not suffered depression, anxiety and low self-esteem with what Gerald put her through. I also wouldn't be surprised if Allison had protected Gerald and her marriage in life as well. I get the feeling she was quite private about her problems and gave other reasons for the depression to various people rather than talk about problems with Gerald. e.g. malaria medication, post-natal.

Isnt that just a classic example of the creep that he is to slimyly try to align himself with the police officer so as to put himself into the category of an ok bloke in her eyes.
He is so smarmy, he drops in that he let her use his phone, almost like, "we're mates, you would remember me. Look, by the way, my wifes missing, but, you know, well, I'll be right, this mornings been a bit busy, but if you could just make a note that I've reported it then we'll just get back to business, hey."

Yes. Yes. Yes!! Exactly how I saw it.

Isnt that just a classic example of the creep that he is to slimyly try to align himself with the police officer so as to put himself into the category of an ok bloke in her eyes.
He is so smarmy, he drops in that he let her use his phone, almost like, "we're mates, you would remember me. Look, by the way, my wifes missing, but, you know, well, I'll be right, this mornings been a bit busy, but if you could just make a note that I've reported it then we'll just get back to business, hey."
He is certainly swarm incarnate but apparently his yucky sometimes sleazy charm NOT doesn't get him too far or turns many people off by numerous accounts floating around of people that have had close encounters with him. A good many sensible people saw straight through him. Maybe it only works when the victim believes he has something that they want.

Yes. Yes. Yes!! Exactly how I saw it.

His displays of grief and worry are so inconsistent. They are as inconsistent as the times he has gven for the things that he did.
The police and the doctors noted this as something quite peculiar in their observations of him, and I'm sure it was very unsettling to everyone involved. The doctor was very concerned, as rightly so. She was seriously unsettled by what she was confronted with and that wasnt just the scratches but his demeanour- totally inappropriate.

He is certainly swarm incarnate but apparently his yucky sometimes sleazy charm NOT doesn't get him too far or turns many people off by numerous accounts floating around of people that have had close encounters with him. A good many sensible people saw straight through him. Maybe it only works when the victim believes he has something that they want.

Yes, on some people the ******** and smarm works a treat, whilst for others the red flag goes up immediately.

I just can't believe anything Olivia says and we only have her word for it that her and Allison were close. Judging by her protectiveness of her brother that we have all seen, I wonder if Allison would ever have confided her personal problems to her.

In Olivia's last phone call to Allison she may well have put her happy face on or Olivia could be lieing anyway as the family were pretending that Gerald and Allison had a workable marriage and that they are all a big happy family and all that bullcrap. Allison's depression was probably "self-inflicted" or nothing to do with what she had to put up with her lousy husband according to her in-laws.

I would find it extraordinary if Allison had not suffered depression, anxiety and low self-esteem with what Gerald put her through. I also wouldn't be surprised if Allison had protected Gerald and her marriage in life as well. I get the feeling she was quite private about her problems and gave other reasons for the depression to various people rather than talk about problems with Gerald. e.g. malaria medication, post-natal.

Couldn't agree more. If it was my family -I would not be supporting my brother without acknowledging that he has made mistakes. That is part of accepting the truth moving forward and accepting the mistake to make amends and learn from the situation.

But OW continues to emphatically proclaim that her brother is innocent. Well not of adultery and not of being a crap and possibly fraudulent businessman and its a long bow to draw to expect that this innocence would be present in his personal life since not 1 but 3 mistresses have been suggested.

If she was as blindly supportive of her brother when Allison was around - I am feeling incredibly sad for Allison. Who could function as a normal person within the context of GBC's can do no wrong. I can only assume from her religous devotion to her brother that Allison was definitely not considered to be an equal and satisfactory partner for her brother by the GBC family.

Agreed. Some forms of aggression are so subtle, you think you're being too sensitive and are told so. You start doubting yourself and your own perception and it is chipping away at your confidence and you start to question your own sanity. You're never quite sure what the problem is, you can't define it therefore don't have a clue where to begin to fix it. I had the same thoughts about hiding the real cause of the problem. I've been there done that. One day I just realised what was going on. I wasn't inadequate, he was a <bleep>.

There is no question in my mind Olivia was involved in a cover up that morning. Whether or not she realised it is what we have to work out.

And, I do believe Allison would have had her guard well up when dealing with ANY memeber of this family, including her "friend" Olivia. Allison was much smarter than them.
Also I noticed no phonecalls between the BCs and Allison in the phone records prior her going missing. To me, if the daughter in-law relationship was previously healthy, I would imagine that there would have been a call prior to the kids going for tea that night, even just to extend the invitation, and also mention Olivia and the cousins arrival etc. ie, it was a "family" time they were in the midst of, but nothing from EBC or NBCs phone to or from Allison.

His displays of grief and worry are so inconsistent. They are as inconsistent as the times he has gven for the things that he did.
The police and the doctors noted this as something quite peculiar in their observations of him, and I'm sure it was very unsettling to everyone involved. The doctor was very concerned, as rightly so. She was seriously unsettled by what she was confronted with and that wasnt just the scratches but his demeanour- totally inappropriate.

Yeah that's one of the things that sticks out to me. It's like "My wife's missing, oh well!"

)

Had A found out G had been seeing TM again or found out about one of the others. Is that why the reference to being sick sort of and it not going away? Goes home, G tells her he was with his sister. Allison phones her and finds out he's lying. An argument develops then escalates?
Some say Allison knew, but I'm thinking even if she didn't if GBC brought up the fact that TM would be there then Allsion would probably want to know how he knew that. Keeping in mind her message to him the day before saying hope he's having fun with his companion... whether that was suppose to be TM or someone else she was suss on we might never know. But it seems she was suspicious, so for him to bring up that TM would be at the conference would probably have made her angry either way. If I was in that position I'd probably say "Look, I've had enough of this. You make promises you can't keep, and I want to know HOW you know Toni is going? You been seeing her again, hey?"

Yeah that's one of the things that sticks out to me. It's like "My wife's missing, oh well!"

Yep and confirmed by family. Remember "wife of Gerard" in the death notice. Not beloved wife, adored wife but wife. It stands out terribly beside all the other adjectives describing how she was adored and cherished by those who loved her.

Agreed. Some forms of aggression are so subtle, you think you're being too sensitive and are told so. You start doubting yourself and your own perception and it is chipping away at your confidence and you start to question your own sanity. You're never quite sure what the problem is, you can't define it therefore don't have a clue where to begin to fix it. I had the same thoughts about hiding the real cause of the problem. I've been there done that. One day I just realised what was going on. I wasn't inadequate, he was a <bleep>.
I agree. These people know exactly how to work on you and you haven't got a clue it's even happening.

Poss, Alioops post no.111 tells how to go about it, but we should just check that no-one else has done it in the last few days, as there was discussion.
I'm also happy to, so if we team up we can share costs or buy different sets at least. I'd just prefer to wait until we hear from anyone else first.

Happy to also to share the cost.

I would be more than happy to share costs of documents
Could Marly organise something ? *advertiser censored*

I can't help thinking on a Saturday night sitting around, in my home, surrounded by loved ones, what the BC's talk about? How the Walton's are adjusting to Mum being away heaps and distracted at other times, and of course how GBC is coping at Arthur Gorrie? Hmmmmm to be a fly on the wall...

Your sleuthing is amazing. Wow wow wow .
I hope I get to meet you one day.
We walk united and our hearts are rejoicing in all that is Allison and all that she stood for. :seeya:

You are so kind Aunty. But I can't take credit for all the possibilities - I've had a lot of inspiration and ideas from many others on here, including yourself :) Hope to meet you one day too!

On another note, I haven't got round to buying any of the reports yet, but I am absolutely willing to. Count me in! The more we have, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness