Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still thinking of Allison and this case a lot.... Have just planted a new sunflower with my girls.

Not to much squirming from GBC at present i see.

With the passage of time, looking back at this case and the evidence we know. It really is obvious and only a matter of time for justice to prevail.

When GBC came outside his parents home to do the blubbering interview, what the reporter thought. Surely she saw the scratches on his face and noticed him leering at her chest area. A good reporter would have asked 'what's with the scratches mate, turn and show the camera'.
I often wonder if she realised if only the camera was showing his right side all would have been shown & would have been an all telling interview.

When GBC came outside his parents home to do the blubbering interview, what the reporter thought. Surely she saw the scratches on his face and noticed him leering at her chest area. A good reporter would have asked 'what's with the scratches mate, turn and show the camera'.
I often wonder if she realised if only the camera was showing his right side all would have been shown & would have been an all telling interview.

Good point. I wonder any camera foootage was later deleted?
Not just the pretty reporter would have seen the scratches, but the whole camera crew. (Unless he had ladies foundation make-up painted over them. Still hard to hide, one would think.)

The photographs taken of their home by the police have been flashing in my mind for the last few days. And also the images of GBC carrying things out of the home in clothes baskets. I have been pondering whether either Allison or GBC was a hoarder ... It would be a good reason to rent because if you move periodically you have to throw things out. It can also be a huge strain on a relationship speaking from my own experience. Just pondering.
(Apart from GBC's hoarding of women)

In that case, there was no cause of death able to be determined due to the state of decomposition of the body by the time she was found in a rubbish dump, similar to Allison's case. The prosecution could not prove intent but the jury held him responsible for her death and for interfering with her corpse by putting her in a wheelie bin. It sounds like the jury made the right decision based on the evidence. The difference in Allison's case is that the prosecution claim that GBC had an intention to kill as evidenced by the circumstantial evidence of his financial stress, her life insurances and his affair with TM including promises to her that he would be free of his wife soon.

But very interesting in so far as it is similar to Allison's unknown cause of death whilst in the same house as the accused and then the dumping of the body. Interesting that he got 18 months for the interference with the body to be served in addition to the 9 years for manslaughter conviction.

Marly you might like to copy this post to the new thread on that case.

Just catching up on a few pages after a very long absence from here. Hi to all websleuthers old and new!

Yes, good points Alioop, I can only say i certainly hope that nothing changes and GBC's murder charge stays as such. In addition to the reasons you mentioned, we do have the fact that he enquired about her insurance within a couple of days of her going missing (was it the next day?) which to me is bizarree and uncharacterisitic of a frantic husband who still believes his wife is just missing. There are probably a few other particularly damning behaviours and actions which do make it different from the other case. I hope so - I don't want to see this guy out of jail (if at all) until he is a very old man.

The Gittany trial has several parallels and similarities with the Baden Clay murder. The sentence Gittany gets may give us some indication to what's in store to darling Gerald. Second thoughts, our judicial system is always out to surprise.

The Gittany trial has several parallels and similarities with the Baden Clay murder. The sentence Gittany gets may give us some indication to what's in store to darling Gerald. Second thoughts, our judicial system is always out to surprise.

A thread on WS for the Gittany trial has been running for a few weeks. For anyone interested in following it...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224803"]AUSTRALIA - Lisa Harnum, 30, Sydney - Simon Gittany on trial for murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I keep thinking about Allison's shoelaces... Someone said in an early thread about wondering which way her laces were done up as it could indicate wether or not Allison had put them on herself or if someone else did it!

I keep thinking about Allison's shoelaces... Someone said in an early thread about wondering which way her laces were done up as it could indicate wether or not Allison had put them on herself or if someone else did it!

Good thinking Humdinger.

I've been following the Gittany trial for the last week and I must admit I've been continually thinking of Allison. If and when Gittany is found guilty and sentenced, will it be indicative of what GBC can expect? Albeit Gittany is in NSW and GBC is in Qld. Suffice to say I'm hoping that Gittany gets at least 25years! Unfortunately I can't see that happening, nor can I see it happening with GBC. :tantrum:

Good point Humdinger and I hope that the investigators have checked the laces. There well may be evidence to come at the trial about the shoelaces (and many other things) that we've not heard about yet.

I do recall reading in Allison's autopsy report that one of her shoelaces broke (or more to the point disintegrated) when handled.

I've been following the Gittany trial for the last week and I must admit I've been continually thinking of Allison. If and when Gittany is found guilty and sentenced, will it be indicative of what GBC can expect? Albeit Gittany is in NSW and GBC is in Qld. Suffice to say I'm hoping that Gittany gets at least 25years! Unfortunately I can't see that happening, nor can I see it happening with GBC. :tantrum:

Oh Makara, The Gittany story is so like a mirror image of this one.
No remorse, grief or sorrow shown over the deceased.
The lies and deceptions with no conscience.
The all important factor being his "innocence" as seen by the Law.
The public image man, (am I handsome enough?) seemingly to take priority over all else.
The (what I consider) bizarre behaviour at her deceased body.
No problems about moving into a new relationship so soon; or was that ongoing too?
The absolute categorical denials of his own involvement in her death.

Oh Makara, The Gittany story is so like a mirror image of this one.
No remorse, grief or sorrow shown over the deceased.
The lies and deceptions with no conscience.
The all important factor being his "innocence" as seen by the Law.
The public image man, (am I handsome enough?) seemingly to take priority over all else.
The (what I consider) bizarre behaviour at her deceased body.
No problems about moving into a new relationship so soon; or was that ongoing too?
The absolute categorical denials of his own involvement in her death.

Ladybird the thing that riles me most about the Gittany case is how the Defence were continually 'victim bashing' Lisa Harnum. Absolutely disgusting and I dare say that we can expect the same tactics at GBC's trial next year. His defence team will drag up every little thing they can on Allison, who was the victim of GBC's rage. :banghead:

In Gittany case, he hid the external hard drive in the ceiling & had his brother remove it after he'd been arrested. Anytime I read of strange places where criminals have hidden things they don't want police to find, I think of Allison's phone.

It's probably long gone by now but I have to wonder if her phone was thrown up into the ceiling of that house & later retrieved by the clan.

Brace yourselves to hear Allison's name dragged through the mud, that's what the sleeze balls are paid to do.

It's count down time for June 2014.
It's not too far away now.
Hey Gerald doesn't time fly when your having fun eh?
All this time passing just brings more and more people together to support Allison, do you remember Allison Gerald?? BECAUSE WE ALL CERTAINLY DO!!
I hope people of your murderous ilk never see the light of day again.

Allison may be gone but she's never forgotten in fact if feel her memory is getting stronger and stronger.
Hold on for a very bumpy ride Gerald, you're gonna need a hardhat.

I looking at a case in NSW and the testimony of a key witness.

At that the GBC committal hearing, someone gave evidence and felt dragged into feeling uncomfortable.

In the NSW case, an ABC employee had witnessed an 'event' and on the witness stand he said this to the defence...

Quote..

''Do you accept that you may be mistaken when you said that you saw the object in the man's hands as opposed to a short distance away?'' Mr Gittany's barrister, Philip Strickland, SC, asked Mr Rathmell.

''I have to accept that I may be wrong but I don't feel that I am,'' Mr Rathmell said.

''Do you accept the reasonable possibility that what you saw was a man stretching his arms out grasping out to the object as opposed to unloading?'' the barrister continued.

''I don't feel confident speculating,'' Mr Rathmell replied.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/witness-h...g-body-fall-20131024-2w327.html#ixzz2krxsXMyK

Edited to add.. If you know what you know about the behaviour of your dog, pet or anything and believe that is true, don't enter into a discussion about the other suggested options as per this witness. He testified as to what he knows to be true and left it at that.

Moo

I looking at a case in NSW and the testimony of a key witness.

At that the GBC committal hearing, someone gave evidence and felt dragged into feeling uncomfortable.

In the NSW case, an ABC employee had witnessed an 'event' and on the witness stand he said this to the defence...

Quote..

''Do you accept that you may be mistaken when you said that you saw the object in the man's hands as opposed to a short distance away?'' Mr Gittany's barrister, Philip Strickland, SC, asked Mr Rathmell.

''I have to accept that I may be wrong but I don't feel that I am,'' Mr Rathmell said.

''Do you accept the reasonable possibility that what you saw was a man stretching his arms out grasping out to the object as opposed to unloading?'' the barrister continued.

''I don't feel confident speculating,'' Mr Rathmell replied.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/witness-h...g-body-fall-20131024-2w327.html#ixzz2krxsXMyK

Edited to add.. If you know what you know about the behaviour of your dog, pet or anything and believe that is true, don't enter into a discussion about the other suggested options as per this witness. He testified as to what he knows to be true and left it at that.

Moo

BBM:

Yes Flinders, I felt truly sorry for Brian Mason when he gave evidence at GBC's committal hearing. Mr. and Mrs. Mason chose to contact Crimestoppers in regard to what they'd seen and heard that night. Many people wouldn't bother! Defence barrister Peter Davis certainly did a number on Brian Mason, especially in regard to Brian's beloved German Shepherd. It's Mrs. Mason's testimony at the trial that I'm looking forward to hearing.

IMO the Mason's now know what to expect under cross-examination by the defence and will hopefully be well and truly prepared, irrespective of GBC now having new legal representation in the form of private criminal lawyer Peter Shields and barrister Michael Byrne QC. And all that could change again by June of next year.

12:21pm (AEST):

Witness Brian Mason has told the court he lives near Kholo Creek in Anstead, 700m from the bridge under which Allison's body was found on April 30.

Defence barrister Peter Davis said there was 700m of trees and other foliage between the bridge and Mr Mason's home.

Mr Mason said he and his wife contacted Crime Stoppers about two matters to do with the Baden-Clay case.

He said the first involved his wife spotting two cars on the side of Mt Crosby Rd at 4am - although the court was not told on which day.

The second was hearing dogs bark.

"Your dog, a German Shepherd, started barking around 12.30am," Mr Davis said.

Mr Mason agreed.

"When I managed to get my dog to stop barking, I could hear howling," Mr Mason said.

"I think to my left, straight ahead, and across the river too."

This was detailed in Mr Mason's first statement, the court heard, which was given on May 12.

He gave a second statement on February 5, 2013.

Mr Davis asked why he came forward with new information so many months later.

"I thought I could hear some voices ... someone talking," Mr Mason said.

"But I didn't think much about that at the time."

Mr Mason said he thought at the time that perhaps it was a neighbour.

"Presumably you didn't think they (the voices) were relevant because they were coming from (the other direction to the creek)," Mr Davis said.

Mr Mason said he was standing in his backyard six weeks ago and realised he could hear the sound of cars travelling over the Kholo Creek bridge.

He called police because he thought it was possible after all that he could have heard someone talking 700m away by the bridge.

Read more here

Brace yourselves to hear Allison's name dragged through the mud, that's what the sleeze balls are paid to do.

All this time passing just brings more and more people together to support Allison, do you remember Allison Gerald?? BECAUSE WE ALL CERTAINLY DO!!

Allison may be gone but she's never forgotten in fact if feel her memory is getting stronger and stronger.

Hi TGY.
:ditto: Allison will NEVER be forgotten. Her name can be dragged through the mud all the legal eagles, GBC and his family like, but the truth is out there and will always be out there no matter the outcome.

Too bad GBC didn't get to read your post, TGY.

:seeya: Hi everyone! Can't believe how much time has flown. Bring on June! Think often of Allison's loved ones, especially her little girls. I've had some sunflower seeds sprout randomly in the garden from birdseed mix - hope they flower!

Hope everyone's well.

Hi TGY.
:ditto: Allison will NEVER be forgotten. Her name can be dragged through the mud all the legal eagles, GBC and his family like, but the truth is out there and will always be out there no matter the outcome.

Too bad GBC didn't get to read your post, TGY.

I'm hoping he has access to this site & evil visits him every sleeping moment & his dirty deed plays continuously on the walls of his putrid cage.
Allison's parents are living without their daughter but they would be proud of her in their memories. How proud would your parents be Gerald? Are you a scourge on their family name? I hope they don't hang their heads in fear & shame? I really hope not because no parent or family deserves what you've put them through.

Not such a high flier are you? :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member