Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOD GIRL! She DID scratch someone!!!!

"Ms Reeves said she also tested matter found beneath Allison's fingernails to see if she could find any DNA matches.

She said she got one incomplete DNA profile but it was unsuitable for DNA profiling."

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/mistress-tells-court-baden-clays-lie-low-request/1795712/

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226595981724
yes Possum she got some good scratches in AND (hero) Constable Ash acted on his obvious hunch not like Flegg who heard two "unsettling blood curdling screams but didn't call the police. Good one Flegg.
The court heard it was Constable Kieron Ash who first responded when Baden-Clay reported his wife missing.

Constable Ash, who noticed the scratches on Baden-Clay's face, told the court he asked whether the couple had been having any marital problems.

He said Baden-Clay told him he had been caught having an affair and his wife no longer trusted him.

"You went into the house, by the time you walked in, you'd seen the cuts on the cheek," Mr Davis said.

"You had a missing person.

"It crossed your mind that something untoward might have happened to her. And that something untoward might have involved a husband?"

The officer agreed.

I don't think we should take pot shots at witnesses - if he heard the fatal assault, it is likely the police being called could not have influenced the course of events, he was probably 1km away, finding it's origin would be next to impossible, only a chance crossing of GBC's path would have made any difference. So at best, perhaps Allison may have been found sooner. As it was, GBC was suspected from the outset so no bow had to be drawn between a scream and Allison being missing - besides a scream does not make GBC any more in the spotlight as she could scream could be from a stranger assault.

I am the kind of person who rings the police when something is suspect despite feeling like a bit of an idiot doing so. People don't do it because they don't want to make a fuss or interfere or get involved etc etc etc. The only way we can make this worse is to denigrate people when they eventually DO come forth with information. It is much better to have the testimony of a scream with no police call than no testimony at all.

I don't think we should take pot shots at witnesses - if he heard the fatal assault, it is likely the police being called could not have influenced the course of events, he was probably 1km away, finding it's origin would be next to impossible, only a chance crossing of GBC's path would have made any difference. So at best, perhaps Allison may have been found sooner. As it was, GBC was suspected from the outset so no bow had to be drawn between a scream and Allison being missing - besides a scream does not make GBC any more in the spotlight as she could scream could be from a stranger assault.

I am the kind of person who rings the police when something is suspect despite feeling like a bit of an idiot doing so. People don't do it because they don't want to make a fuss or interfere or get involved etc etc etc. The only way we can make this worse is to denigrate people when they eventually DO come forth with information. It is much better to have the testimony of a scream with no police call than no testimony at all.

If I heard a 'blood curdling scream' I would surely call the police. I have no understanding of how someone can state in their statement that they heard 'a blood curdling scream' and not have called police. Hardly community spirited from a seemingly community-minded politician. Or was this just another cover up???

BTW, I was always taught that if I ever needed assistance to scream out 'fire' as more people would respond to that than a female scream.

TGY, in answer to your question, I think the trial will take a month, maybe longer. At this stage it is a trial by jury so there won't be a judgement from the judge about the verdict, that will come from the jury. As to how long it takes for the jury to make a decision, we won't know until it happens. Unlike judge only trials, juries dont give reasons for their verdict. If the verdict is guilty then the judge will set a date for sentencing, usually not too long after the verdict, a week maybe.

You are so good ali . i think we should make application to the attorney general for Ali to be appointed to the bench to hear the judge only trial of gbc . THEN we Would get justice

If I heard a 'blood curdling scream' I would surely call the police. I have no understanding of how someone can state in their statement that they heard 'a blood curdling scream' and not have called police. Hardly community spirited from a seemingly community-minded politician. Or was this just another cover up???

BTW, I was always taught that if I ever needed assistance to scream out 'fire' as more people would respond to that than a female scream.

Hi Breaking why would you call the police when the FIRST scream was "blood-curdling scream - the kind you couldn't ignore - that drove him from his bed" but the SECOND was "an unsettling scream.......it was such a distressing sound"
:twocents::twocents: (tongue in cheek)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226595981724

Hi Breaking why would you call the police when the FIRST scream was "blood-curdling scream - the kind you couldn't ignore - that drove him from his bed" but the SECOND was "an unsettling scream.......it was such a distressing sound"
:twocents::twocents: (tongue in cheek)

TGY, the police must be sick of me phoning them. But I have also been praised for my 'intelligence' hahaha. I think Web Sleuths has taught me well.

I lurk and I listen.:lurk:

TGY, the police must be sick of me phoning them. But I have also been praised for my 'intelligence' hahaha. I think Web Sleuths has taught me well.

Breaking, we had our female neighbour sitting on her front lawn screaming at her husband 'I hate you, I hate you'. I heard him trying to settle her down and I listened but knew it was going to be ok. Another time I called the police regarding a threatened assault. They actually called me back for more info on his whereabouts & I was able to tell them his exact location, age & clothing because I was still watching him. I also watched the cops nab him.
Just say if Flegg did call & give an approx location maybe, just maybe at that time of night a stray car could have been pulled over.
In hindsight we have that 20/20 vision.

My mother was in hospital last year from cancer. First thing I did when I got into town was my morning abolitions. Sorry no.. I got a vacuum cleaner. Sorry no, I looked very worried and called my sister. But no gosh darn it, I had a great day yesterday at school with selfies. Sans caterpillar. No, sorry there was an insect but it was feisty that night. Good thing I went to 2 GP's for treatment.

I miss Allison. Rest in peace.

My mother was in hospital last year from cancer. First thing I did when I got into town was my morning abolitions. Sorry no.. I got a vacuum cleaner. Sorry no, I looked very worried and called my sister. But no gosh darn it, I had a great day yesterday at school with selfies. Sans caterpillar. No, sorry there was an insect but it was feisty that night. Good thing I went to 2 GP's for treatment.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks BreakingNews, I thought it was just me! I can now, after being aware, that I tell can hear DV within several streets when I hear something.

Thank goodness for WS and all the informed posters. Plus Dr Watson and his forensic analysis, Fuskier for more info and Makara for her links. <modsnip>.

Breaking, we had our female neighbour sitting on her front lawn screaming at her husband 'I hate you, I hate you'. I heard him trying to settle her down and I listened but knew it was going to be ok. Another time I called the police regarding a threatened assault. They actually called me back for more info on his whereabouts & I was able to tell them his exact location, age & clothing because I was still watching him. I also watched the cops nab him.
Just say if Flegg did call & give an approx location maybe, just maybe at that time of night a stray car could have been pulled over.
In hindsight we have that 20/20 vision.

Well done, TGY. I live in an apt with a few unsavouries and just last weekend we got rid of one drug lab + tenant (again) and the next day someone taken away for breaking parole conditions (cops busted the door lock) and he has to go live with his father. These Gold Coast Bikie laws sure have cleaned things up around here. The last person to be taken has bikie friends, so he is treated the same in jail - no TV and no smokes.

Goodness, it's gunna be a quiet Christmas around here. :takeabow:

Channel 7 Sydney said baden clay goes back to court today to see if the phycologist is to give evidence in court.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/20393579/gerard-baden-clay-back-in-court/

Really wanting to know the outcome today. I just can't see how they can say no to the psych giving evidence. She needs to be made to stand up in court and give insight into their sessions. Privacy is all well and good in therapy, but it shouldn't be more important than the loss of a person's life and seeing justice done.

Hi everyone!! Just in case I forget before the next week gets busy, a big MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. I can't believe how fast the time has gone since I first came here to vent on poor Allison's murder. Clock is ticking towards the trial.....

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful time with family and friends (and of course special pets!) over this lovely time of year. My thoughts go out to everyone that remembers those who aren't with us anymore, or those facing challenges over the holiday period.

:christmastree: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Really wanting to know the outcome today. I just can't see how they can say no to the psych giving evidence. She needs to be made to stand up in court and give insight into their sessions. Privacy is all well and good in therapy, but it shouldn't be more important than the loss of a person's life and seeing justice done.

Absolutely agreed.

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 21m
Judge decides today if counsellor for Allison and Gerard Baden-Clay must give evidence in murder trial @couriermail.

[David Murray, Crime and courts editor, The Courier-Mail and Sunday Mail Brisbane]

Wishing fellow WS members a happy and joyful Christmas. Looking forward to Justice being done in this case in 2014.

:santahat:

Woohoo -

"Relationships Australia counsellor ordered to give evidence at preliminary hearing in Gerard Baden-Clay murder trial" from @David Murray a few minutes ago.

Ali - what do they mean by "preliminary hearing"? Are they going to have another hearing before the main trial, and it is at THIS hearing that the RA counsellor will have to testify? And would that evidence then be decided by the preliminary hearing judge as to whether or not it is admissible for the main trial?

Yippee!! Just saw the update. So bring on February! Wonder how much of the hearing in Feb will be published in MSM?

Woohoo -

"Relationships Australia counsellor ordered to give evidence at preliminary hearing in Gerard Baden-Clay murder trial" from @David Murray a few minutes ago.

Ali - what do they mean by "preliminary hearing"? Are they going to have another hearing before the main trial, and it is at THIS hearing that the RA counsellor will have to testify? And would that evidence then be decided by the preliminary hearing judge as to whether or not it is admissible for the main trial?

I understand but am open to correction that this prelim hearing may be a type of 'voir-dire' where the admissibility of contentious evidence may be tested in order to avoid tainting a trial - the principle of 'once something's said, it can't be un-said'.
Apparently this is not uncommon.

OMG! Imagine if your partner had gone missing as well....
Sorry, back to your post Flinders. I expect you were prioritizing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member