Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makara created this picture last year.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8206062&postcount=13"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Bayden - Clay: The Sunflower Brigade and Memorial[/ame]

Thank you to Indromum for organising the walk with Brian this morning. Although it was a little rushed and difficult to get very far at the bridge, I am still extremely grateful for the time together and the opportunity to be there for Allison. Thanks again xo

My thoughts are also with the girls and the Dickies today. I imagine that this would be a terribly difficult time, however I hope that they find some inner strength to truly celebrate the life of Allison and the special time that they shared with her. Love to them all.

It is so nice to log in and see so many beautiful tributes to Allison by other posters. I am sure, if the Dickies are reading this, they would be so thankful and would be stunned at how much people still care about their daughter. Well done all of you!

I wonder what GBC is thinking now! Does he feel that he can get away with this? ... or is he concerned? Is he enjoying his stay in the "resort", making new friends, not worrying about earning an income or pushing back creditors, getting girls ready for school, hiding from his wife whilst meeting up with other women, or is he missing his past life? Does he have any private regrets? Does he have a conscience????

I posted my thoughts about Allison yesterday. Today my thoughts are about him: ROT IN HELL!

I've worked on this for most of the day and into this evening in honour of Allison. When I'd finished, I looked at the clock and it was 8:26pm. For those who've read Allison's phone records you will know why I got goosebumps. I don't have a lot more to say but as sure as the sun rises and sets so will justice be done for Allison. Rest in peace beautiful girl.

Sunflowers.gif

Makara...absolutely beautiful!! fantastic job!! It looks soo cool scrolling through this page & seeing it reflected in all the posts. Beautiful!!!

I feel like I am interrupting with a stupid question, but...

Regarding the bail hearing documents, and I am sorry if this has been asked and answered, what exactly do the contents reflect (in general)? For example, i get that the first few numbered points are always about the person giving the statement - who is it, how (in what context, how long, etc) does s/he know Allison or Gerard, and so on - but after that, does the statement consist of things that the individual brought up as possibly significant, without being prompted by the person taking the statement? Or primarily of answers to particular questions? I guess I would assume a mixture of both but I would like to be a little more clear if possible. For example, Philip Broom's statement - there are some interesting anecdotes in there about Gerard driving down and dirt track, Nigel having impressive visual memory, etc. I have been thinking about what it would be like to be in his shoes, looking back on my experiences with a person in light of the suspicions of his involvement in Allison's death. So I am wondering, did he find those memories noteworthy upon reflection, without being prompted by the person taking the statement? Or can we guess at the direction of questioning by the contents of the statement?

Sorry if I am not being clear...and I apologize if my asking at this particular time distracts from Allison's memory as that is def not my intention!

You're up thinking bright and early PJD, allison has had that effect on me too at times You've prompted me to realise everyone thinks differently where Philip observed those things where others wouldn't absorb or notice, i think Philip was on the alert and became aware of what was going on or suspicious? Like at the party where GBC ducked away with TM and Allison was looking around asking, that would only have been noticed by the 'informed ones' and not significant to others.

Hi PJD ...... as per from your post:
"Or can we guess at the direction of questioning by the contents of the statement?"

I really can't contribute much to answer what you ask, but at the Committal, I do remember the Defence Barrister, when questioning TM, if her Statement reflected some answers to 'a list of questions' from the Police ..... and she said 'yes'.

Therefore, I am assuming that this can also be reflected in the Statements of others.

Back home after our walk with Brian. There was only a small number of us. The track we took is on Council owned land and is not named, so Brian suggested it should be named Allison's memorial park (or something similar). The track is overgrown near the bridge, so we didn't get there on foot. He told us of the nights events 1 year ago and the discovery 11 days later of Allison's body.
My husband & I drove to the bridge later and used our yellow cable ties to secure more flowers near the parking area. The other side of the bridge is really overgrown & the flowers I placed there months ago are covered in weeds. It's quite muddy at the moment. I wanted to walk down under the bridge but a Channel 7 news van was hanging around so we left.
Driving home at 7.00am, I was thinking of GBC a year ago about to make that call to the police.....

Well those who were'nt on the walk certainly turned up here yesterday.....great to see so many of you here to give tribute to Allison, family and friends. Allison and those whom knew and loved her so dearly would be proud of the affect she has on so many who didn't know her in life but are going the extra mile in finding peace and justice for her.

Makara's tribute was very special, a brilliant effort once again :rocker:Makara.:woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks Indromum for going this morning and also for putting more flowers at the bridge.
Naming the Park after Allison is a lovely idea, and how annoying that you were interrupted by a 7 news van.
I was in court the day Brian was examined by the defence. :(
I felt he was a good witness and held his ground well. I felt however that he knew more , but was unable to say on the day. He seemed to be a little frustrated that he was not able to say more.
So, did he tell you this and did he tell you more? Any info would be great. ;)
Wish I could have come too.
Thanks again. :seeya:
Hi Aunty. Brian has expressed his experiences on AC and I don't really want to post his thoughts on Websleuths. His wife is a witness as well as she saw the 2 cars on Mt Crosby Road early that morning on her way to work. It will all come out in the trial of course - just more pieces of the puzzle.
The Channel 7 news van turned up at the same time we did at Wirrabara Rd! A coincidence? I think not....we walked away from them and after a while they drove off - after about 5 minutes they parked out the front of Brian's house! During this time, about 6 cars slowed down to park but drove away. We started to walk into the park area and the news van drove down to the bridge.

We were small in numbers but big in spirit. A lovely morning walk with some wonderful people.

Hi PJD ...... as per from your post:
"Or can we guess at the direction of questioning by the contents of the statement?"

I really can't contribute much to answer what you ask, but at the Committal, I do remember the Defence Barrister, when questioning TM, if her Statement reflected some answers to 'a list of questions' from the Police ..... and she said 'yes'.

Therefore, I am assuming that this can also be reflected in the Statements of others.

Thank you very much...yes, I figured that that was the case at least for the one doc of TM's, the one that consists mostly of clarifying or elaborating on previous statements. So that makes sense, what you said and what I was guessing at the statements being a mix of volunteered and elicited info. Thanks so much!

This just in on Twitter

@612brisbane:

Roadside memorials
Emotional dedications to lost loved ones or distraction to motorists?

Can't think of an response that is kind. These journo's must have seen or heard about the Sounflowers at the bridge.

This just in on Twitter

@612brisbane:

Roadside memorials

Can't think of an response that is kind. These journo's must have seen or heard about the Sounflowers at the bridge.

This is something that has been discussed back and forth for years! A few weeks back we did a massive driving holiday and there are some stretches of road that have so many roadside tributes for those that have died in vehicle accidents and some of them are really elaborate - think large crosses with plaques, twin exhaust stacks, lots of flowers, multiple crosses etc. the argument is that when you're traveling along doing 100 or 110 (dependent on speed zone) and you see these roadside memorials you often do a double take and are distracted.

Humdinger, I don't find these tributes distracting. My first driving lesson involved driving 100 km per hour on an 8 lane expressway. Wow. I was glued to all my mirrors and what was in front of me and I still drive that way.

Almost every day I drive past a road side tribute to a friend of our family and of our community. It doesn't bother me at all.

What my parents found irksome on our long car trips were their kids in the back seat... Are we there YET. He is looking at me. Tell him to STOP touching me. He is doing it AGAIN.

Edit Post... I have notice that Allison was reported widely in the Qld media re. Friends and family one year on. ABC didn't cover the story however they were asking listeners in Qld to call in live to comment on road side tributes. Odd to me. I searched SBS and the last story published online was a piece soley dedicated to OW's comments of my brother is innoncent. Seems odd again.

Posting a link to the front page of The Courier Mail for anyone who didn't see it. Allison's FRONT PAGE story is on the bottom of the page as it is archived.

Any journo would have read the paper I would have thought.

http://www.thepaperboy.com/australia/courier-mail/front-pages-today.cfm

This is MOO of course.

This just in on Twitter

@612brisbane:

Roadside memorials

You can listen to the discussion at the following link...

21 April 2013 , 9:34

It is a rare - and sad - thing these days to drive down a road or highway and not pass a roadside memorial.

A simple white cross or a bunch of flowers, they mark a place of tragedy; great meaning for some, but maybe a distraction for the everyday driver

Susan Welsh is a social researcher at Charles Sturt University in New South Wales and she is exploring the meaning and role of roadside memorials for her PhD. She is talking to Warren Boland.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/...ite=brisbane&program=612_weekends_with_warren

Good point. Tributes are a traffic hazard. But if that were true why are as tax payers paying for a new study. A statement of fact doesn't need more tax dollars.

Humdinger, I don't find these tributes distracting. My first driving lesson involved driving 100 km per hour on an 8 lane expressway. Wow. I was glued to all my mirrors and what was in front of me and I still drive that way.

Almost every day I drive past a road side tribute to a friend of our family and of our community. It doesn't bother me at all.

What my parents found irksome on our long car trips were their kids in the back seat... Are we there YET. He is looking at me. Tell him to STOP touching me. He is doing it AGAIN.

Edit Post... I have notice that Allison was reported widely in the Qld media re. Friends and family one year on. ABC didn't cover the story however they were asking listeners in Qld to call in live to comment on road side tributes. Odd to me. I searched SBS and the last story published online was a piece soley dedicated to OW's comments of my brother is innoncent. Seems odd again.

Posting a link to the front page of The Courier Mail for anyone who didn't see it. Allison's FRONT PAGE story is on the bottom of the page as it is archived.

Any journo would have read the paper I would have thought.

http://www.thepaperboy.com/australia/courier-mail/front-pages-today.cfm

This is MOO of course.

I agree, I personally don't find them distracting. In fact it reminds me how precious life is and to drive a little more carefully to ensure that one day there isn't one there for me!!

Hi Aunty. Brian has expressed his experiences on AC and I don't really want to post his thoughts on Websleuths. His wife is a witness as well as she saw the 2 cars on Mt Crosby Road early that morning on her way to work. It will all come out in the trial of course - just more pieces of the puzzle.
The Channel 7 news van turned up at the same time we did at Wirrabara Rd! A coincidence? I think not....we walked away from them and after a while they drove off - after about 5 minutes they parked out the front of Brian's house! During this time, about 6 cars slowed down to park but drove away. We started to walk into the park area and the news van drove down to the bridge.

We were small in numbers but big in spirit. A lovely morning walk with some wonderful people.

Thanks for this info. It's exactly what I felt at the time. That his wife knew more and was an important witness too. She saw the 2 cars , wow wow wow.
Thankyou again. Yay! :woohoo:

Thanks for this info. It's exactly what I felt at the time. That his wife knew more and was an important witness too. She saw the 2 cars , wow wow wow.
Thankyou again. Yay! :woohoo:

Yes Aunty .... at the Committal, Brian said that his wife, on her way to work, had noticed two motor vehicles on Mt Crosby Rd at approx 4 am on 20 Apr. He didn't elaborate any further on any details regarding the vehicles.

You can listen to the discussion at the following link...

21 April 2013 , 9:34

It is a rare - and sad - thing these days to drive down a road or highway and not pass a roadside memorial.

A simple white cross or a bunch of flowers, they mark a place of tragedy; great meaning for some, but maybe a distraction for the everyday driver

Susan Welsh is a social researcher at Charles Sturt University in New South Wales and she is exploring the meaning and role of roadside memorials for her PhD. She is talking to Warren Boland.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/...ite=brisbane&program=612_weekends_with_warren

3 boys died in a street I lived in in the Whitsundays a few years ago. The roadside tribute wasn't too bad but kids used to congregate in big groups in the gutter around it, leaving cans & stubbies and blocking the driveway of the family who lived there. It's a tricky balance allowing people a place to grieve, but also allowing people in the location to live as normal. Also, the kids sitting in the gutters were around a blind corner and could easily have been hit. The poor buggers living there asked the council to remove the tribute and were egged, abused in public and threatened. An awful situation all round. There's also a stretch of road called Peak Downs Highway, heading from Mackay through Moranbah etc where there are hand drawn signs and pictures, created by a local school peppered every few Kms to demonstrate how dangerous the stretch of road is.

Personally I don't necessarily think the discussion surrounding this is due to Allisons flowers, I think it's one of those discussions that is raised quite regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member