Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I personally don't find them distracting. In fact it reminds me how precious life is and to drive a little more carefully to ensure that one day there isn't one there for me!!

Sure they're a distraction...everything is! :twocents:

You're up thinking bright and early PJD, allison has had that effect on me too at times You've prompted me to realise everyone thinks differently where Philip observed those things where others wouldn't absorb or notice, i think Philip was on the alert and became aware of what was going on or suspicious? Like at the party where GBC ducked away with TM and Allison was looking around asking, that would only have been noticed by the 'informed ones' and not significant to others.

bbm...I would love for that to be true, but I'm in the US, haha, it was my mid-afternoon. :blushing:

You can listen to the discussion at the following link...

21 April 2013 , 9:34

It is a rare - and sad - thing these days to drive down a road or highway and not pass a roadside memorial.

A simple white cross or a bunch of flowers, they mark a place of tragedy; great meaning for some, but maybe a distraction for the everyday driver

Susan Welsh is a social researcher at Charles Sturt University in New South Wales and she is exploring the meaning and role of roadside memorials for her PhD. She is talking to Warren Boland.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/...ite=brisbane&program=612_weekends_with_warren

Thanks for the link and info. Charles Sturt is in Dubbo, NSW.
http://www.csu.edu.au/about/locations/dubbo

Road safety campaign aims to shock

by:Robyn Ironside From: The Courier-Mail March 11, 2013 12:00AM

THE bloodied head of a young car crash victim will be plastered on billboards around Queensland as the State Government ramps up its road safety campaign ahead of the notoriously deadly Easter period.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gn-aims-to-shock/story-e6freoof-1226594307996

PS my bf has a PhD.

Moo

PS so sorry for all my typing mistakes.

😔My post about about the ABC was a foot in mouth post... Their investigative journalism lead to the Fitzgerald Inquiry plus I am sure other reports. Also, to research for a PhD involves I think getting a grant which isn't handed out randomly. For anyone that has a friend or family member die in a traffic accident.. It maybe a reminder of what they have lost. I avoid the pink ribbon logo because I am not finished grieving.

Today on the news I saw a ABC journalist film this clip. They were there filming, at the front line, armed and dangerous... With a heavy camera on the journo's shoulder.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-23/police-arrest-escaped-sex-offender/4645994?section=qld

Changing the subject. I have been looking at the journal of Allison. I don't understand why she had numbers written in numerical order with a forward slash between them.

Plus can anyone help me figure out why businesses have to file a BAS at the end of April? I don't have business experience but what I know is I lodge my taxes and get a refund in July?

Does the tax man have first dibbs on all income and you if you file for bankruptcy are the first to be credited?

Grr.. I am not having a dig at the ATO.

Moo and sorry for the typo's

��My post about about the ABC was a foot in mouth post... Their investigative journalism lead to the Fitzgerald Inquiry plus I am sure other reports. Also, to research for a PhD involves I think getting a grant which isn't handed out randomly. For anyone that has a friend or family member die in a traffic accident.. It maybe a reminder of what they have lost. I avoid the pink ribbon logo because I am not finished grieving.

Today on the news I saw a ABC journalist film this clip. They were there filming, at the front line, armed and dangerous... With a heavy camera on the journo's shoulder.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-23/police-arrest-escaped-sex-offender/4645994?section=qld

Changing the subject. I have been looking at the journal of Allison. I don't understand why she had numbers written in numerical order with a forward slash between them.

Plus can anyone help me figure out why businesses have to file a BAS at the end of April? I don't have business experience but what I know is I lodge my taxes and get a refund in July?

Does the tax man have first dibbs on all income and you if you file for bankruptcy are the first to be credited?

Grr.. I am not having a dig at the ATO.

Moo and sorry for the typo's

We lodge our BAS every 3 months and pay our PAYG Tax and GST we have collected and yes end of April ( for January February march) and so on for the ret of the year - we still have to do our tax return but our 2011-2012 has only just gone in ( I personally think the accountants like to stretch their income out over the whole 12 months)

We lodge our BAS every 3 months and pay our PAYG Tax and GST we have collected and yes end of April ( for January February march) and so on for the ret of the year - we still have to do our tax return but our 2011-2012 has only just gone in ( I personally think the accountants like to stretch their income out over the whole 12 months)

Sorry still trying to understand Maig. Is a BAS a lodging of income of your business and your responsibility for Super payments ie pay as you go?

If you did not do your BAS would the responsibility fall on you or your accountant?

Just thinking about Kath and Kim and the butcher doing his BAS.

BAS = Business Activity Statement

Some traders / business's lodge monthly some quarterly. The one due at the end of April is to report your business activity for January, February, March this year. And to pay any GST applicable from that time.

This is something that has been discussed back and forth for years! A few weeks back we did a massive driving holiday and there are some stretches of road that have so many roadside tributes for those that have died in vehicle accidents and some of them are really elaborate - think large crosses with plaques, twin exhaust stacks, lots of flowers, multiple crosses etc. the argument is that when you're traveling along doing 100 or 110 (dependent on speed zone) and you see these roadside memorials you often do a double take and are distracted.

I always do a double take and SLOW DOWN. A good reminder of our mortality. Sometimes the distraction of those crosses etc saves lives.

If I drove over that bridge and saw the 'distraction' of sunflowers and tributes to Allison, I would think to give my kids a special hug and do what I can to stamp out domestic violence and not ignore 'blood curdling screams' in the night. :moo:

I always do a double take and SLOW DOWN. A good reminder of our mortality. Sometimes the distraction of those crosses etc saves lives.

If I drove over that bridge and saw the 'distraction' of sunflowers and tributes to Allison, I would think to give my kids a special hug and do what I can to stamp out domestic violence and not ignore 'blood curdling screams' in the night. :moo:

I agree with you Breaking.
It always makes me aware of speed etc
Xxxx

You're up thinking bright and early PJD, allison has had that effect on me too at times You've prompted me to realise everyone thinks differently where Philip observed those things where others wouldn't absorb or notice, i think Philip was on the alert and became aware of what was going on or suspicious? Like at the party where GBC ducked away with TM and Allison was looking around asking, that would only have been noticed by the 'informed ones' and not significant to others.

With out kicking the boot in.. The quiet hamlet banned together... Don't shoot the messenger.

But.. Did anyone notice the message from Allison's family and friends.. They acknowledged her extended family. OW is on record stating the we grieve for A as her extended family.

Moo

I agree with you Breaking.
It always makes me aware of speed etc
Xxxx

:jumping:
I so agree. I can't cure cancer but I would like drivers to slow down. On the other hand I am baffled by Sunday Drivers.

I agree with you completely BreakingNews. They are important displays, that tell a story that could save a life. Reminders - Slow down, don't drink and drive, don't drive tired, be careful, domestic violence can kill, a life was lost here.

Re the roadside tributes - I'm sure there was a study or some sort of research into this years ago.. I remember watching it on ABC but cannot remember the conclusions.

Can't sleep tonight and I am thinking about Allison's diary. Specifically, why wasn't it 'missing' like her phone is? Apologies if this has been covered

Re the roadside tributes - I'm sure there was a study or some sort of research into this years ago.. I remember watching it on ABC but cannot remember the conclusions.

Can't sleep tonight and I am thinking about Allison's diary. Specifically, why wasn't it 'missing' like her phone is? Apologies if this has been covered

I think there could be a very simply reason for that SM - basically her diary showed her most vulnerable thoughts. (Useful for portraying her being unstable and unsure of herself.) And providing a reason for her to walk off! While her phone would have shown daily how she interacted with GBC the kids and the rest of her family and friends.

I will be going to a service tomorrow in a location close to a road to lay flowers.

Legacy is a charity providing services to Australian families suffering financially and socially after the incapacitation or death of a spouse or parent, during or after their defence force service. We currently care for 100,000 widows and 1,900 children and disabled dependants throughout Australia.

To donate please follow the link.
https://www.legacy.com.au/Donate

Yet another shocking murder of a young woman....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206786"]AU-Murder investigation,Kate Malonyay, 32, found dead in Mosman unit block - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Looks like there may be some breaking news on Bung Siriboon's disappearance tonight. I wish Bung had got 1/100th the attention Allison has, Melbourne has not seemed to notice this young lady disappeared on her walk to school, no indication that family is involved to date [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138770"]Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon - 13 - Boronia, Victoria - 2 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

More awful news re this - Her ex boyfriend plunged to his death 26 floors from a Gold Coast hotel today as police were trying to get in the locked door of the room to speak to him. Seems like 2 + 2 = 4. So sad for all their family and extended friends etc. Seems to getting worse in the world. I read the above on MSM Internet this evening.

I think there could be a very simply reason for that SM - basically her diary showed her most vulnerable thoughts. (Useful for portraying her being unstable and unsure of herself.) And providing a reason for her to walk off! While her phone would have shown daily how she interacted with GBC the kids and the rest of her family and friends.

I agree Liadan, but quite honestly, I don't think GBC would have given the diary a thought. He's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

More awful news re this - Her ex boyfriend plunged to his death 26 floors from a Gold Coast hotel today as police were trying to get in the locked door of the room to speak to him. Seems like 2 + 2 = 4. So sad for all their family and extended friends etc. Seems to getting worse in the world. I read the above on MSM Internet this evening.

I have had dinner at this hotel and it was very enjoyable. Anyway, the police came to the hotel and he didn't open the door. This was during the day. The area where he landed after plunging was in the pool area which is large. I also feel bad for the witnesses as I am sure some would have been small children. The hotel is offering counselling. And the police are reviewing the incident. On the news it showed the police parked in the front of the hotel and the ex-boyfriends room would not have a view of the front.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members