DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential Gerard Baden-Clay murder trial jurors face three questions

The Australian
June 02, 2014 1:56PM

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-three-questions/story-e6frg6nf-1226940097241
I see that Michael Byrne has selected someone with good experience in the area to back him up - really will be down to the nitty gritty.
Mr Baden-Clay was not in court for the brief pre-trial hearing. He was represented by barrister Michael Byrne QC and solicitor Peter Shields
http://www.petershieldslawyers.com.au/content/?id=1
Peter Shields Lawyers provide comprehensive and results driven criminal defence across the full range of criminal law and misconduct areas. No matter how minor or how major the case, our criminal law firm will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for your situation.
IMO, this is pretty major ...

The witness list has sure been whittled down from the 200 plus mentioned some time back.

June 2, 2014 - 1:25PM

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC told a pre-trial hearing on Monday the trial would likely hear from about 72 witnesses over three to four weeks.

Jurors were polled in a similar manner prior to the trials of Bundaberg surgeon Jayant Patel and Daniel Morcombe’s killer Brett Peter Cowan, such is the nature of the high-profile case.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-about-bias-20140602-zrv1k.html#ixzz33SgIQ0eS

I see that Michael Byrne has selected someone with good experience in the area to back him up - really will be down to the nitty gritty.

http://www.petershieldslawyers.com.au/content/?id=1

IMO, this is pretty major ...

It was mentioned last year Peter Shields would be in...

June 13, 2013

It is understood Baden-Clay's legal team will include private criminal lawyer Peter Shields and barrister Michael Byrne QC as he fights a murder charge over the death of his 43-year-old wife Allison.

Mr Shields, a former Queensland police officer, defended serial murderer Leonard John Fraser, who was eventually cleared of murdering Natasha Ryan after she was found alive in a cupboard.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...der-defence-team/story-fnihsrf2-1226662756553

He also represents the bikies...

October 21, 2013

Criminal lawyer Peter Shields acts for members of gangs that have been deemed criminal organisations in the Queensland crackdown.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-tough-new-laws/story-fnihsrf2-1226743682921

It was mentioned last year Peter Shields would be in...

June 13, 2013

It is understood Baden-Clay's legal team will include private criminal lawyer Peter Shields and barrister Michael Byrne QC as he fights a murder charge over the death of his 43-year-old wife Allison.

Mr Shields, a former Queensland police officer, defended serial murderer Leonard John Fraser, who was eventually cleared of murdering Natasha Ryan after she was found alive in a cupboard.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...der-defence-team/story-fnihsrf2-1226662756553

He also represents the bikies...

October 21, 2013

Criminal lawyer Peter Shields acts for members of gangs that have been deemed criminal organisations in the Queensland crackdown.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-tough-new-laws/story-fnihsrf2-1226743682921

Just in case some Gerard aficionado's get excited about Mr Shields, he had it not so hard, really , on the charge re Natasha, since Natasha was merely hiding, and not murdered, but even Peter couldn't get Lenny Fraser over the line for 5 other murders of women in his long and useless life.. Len got life.. an indefinite sentence re the highly unlikely expectation of parole, and has since died .. of a heart attack in 2007. New years day, I think..

Life.. no parole on the horizon.. . sounds about right to me.

(respectfully snipped)
On the secret phone Sue provided to Gerard and , it appears, Nigel, . Nigel is moved to send a text message to Sue to pass on to Flegg, the parliamentary guru.....

"What Nigel is complaining about, in a long text message is Nigel wants to know what Government help he can get.. or ,.. what Government help Flegg can get him.. or.. what can Flegg get him on the Government tab.. he says
'no Government agency has come offering help or support, or protection for Gerards house."
( Gerards rented house, Nigel must have known it was ) because Gerards house is now vacant...'

words fail me.

"What Nigel is complaining about, in a long text message is Nigel wants to know what Government help he can get.. or ,.. what Government help Flegg can get him.. or.. what can Flegg get him on the Government tab.. he says
'no Government agency has come offering help or support, or protection for Gerards house."

Thanks Trooper. Agree. Words fail me too.
This is Australia. Or is it a Welfare state?
I am completely baffled by this line of thought ....
Why should any Government agency (or anybody) offer assistance here?
Did the person who made this request offer to assist any Government agency (or any private organization) in the search for Allison?
Anything? Anything at all?
Was Allison afforded assistance by the person who made this request?

Thanks Trooper. Agree. Words fail me too.
This is Australia.
I am completely baffled by this line of thought ....
Why should any Government agency (or anybody) offer assistance here?
Did the person who made this request offer to assist any Government agency (or any private organization) in the search for Allison?
Anything? Anything at all?
Was Allison afforded assistance by the person who made this request?

beats me ,LB... of course, the house was guarded as a crime scene by the QPS... maybe Nige thought the army should be assigned ... after all, it's property.. not his, not Gerards, but what the hell. .. maybe he doesn't see the QPS as an arm of the government.. I dunno. :dunno: maybe he wanted some Government Org of a kinder ,more gullible nature.. ..

Maybe he thought he could lean on Flegg for a bit of a handout.. some sort of Centerlink payment, carefully hidden, so as not to be thought of as a bludger, something to pay for the extra groceries, ... I'm curious as to what Nige had in mind.. .

The thing is.. that anyone who needed protection in that house certainly didn't get it from the co-renter.... that's Nige's son. Seems irrational that Nige wants the house protected.. from who???

And what sort of support would Nige be needing?? He had a powerhouse of crazed prayer going on right there, in his house, with Olivia, right at hand, and the Pastor up in FNQ directing the Lord all over the place..

and he makes this request on a covert phone, one he keeps secret from the QPS... one he lends to Gerard ( his son, who's wife, his daughter in law, and the mother of his grandchildren , who has claw marks all over his face and a story with holes big enough to sail the Queen Mary through) to make secret phonecalls that cant be traced, ( so Nige thinks) ...

some people!~

beats me ,LB... of course, the house was guarded as a crime scene by the QPS... maybe Nige thought the army should be assigned ... after all, it's property.. not his, not Gerards, but what the hell. .. maybe he doesn't see the QPS as an arm of the government.. I dunno. :dunno: maybe he wanted some Government Org if a kinder ,more gullible nature.. ..

Maybe he thought he could lean on Flegg for a bit of a handout.. some sort of Centerlink payment, carefully hidden, so as not to be thought of as a bludger, something to pay for the extra groceries, ... I'm curious as to what Nige had in mind.. .

:dunno: I don't know. But your last paragraph rings loud and clear here also ... (Matter of fact it's been rolling around quite a bit in my head about 2 years or so, without having hard facts to assign those thoughts to.
Thoughts of "Someone Else will pick up the tab." (This is Australia.)
And thoughts "Immunity".
And thoughts of Australia, the safer place to live.) :dunno:
Plus did he consider Flegg to be of a kinder more gullible nature? :dunno:
IMO It was Allison who could have done with protection. :banghead:

Hi everyone,
I'm back after 2 years of absence (but still lurking). I'm in Brisbane and will endeavour to get to the trial.

As a local of the area, I'm intrigued as to the bus stop connection at the roundabout that wasn't mentioned in the pre trial hearing. This was discussed at length by "Squizzey" who also lives in the area. What doesn't add up to me is if GBC is found to be guilty, why he drove through the Kenmore roundabout to get out to Mt Crosby. It would have been a way more sensible option to go out there via Rafting Ground Road. :face palm: Or was there a detour involved to Durness Street (NBC) in which it might make more sense?

Hopefully will find out more at the trial.

Funny I was driving home the other day and guess who was in front of me? Mum and Dad BC the licence plate stuck out like a sore thumb.

Funny I was driving home the other day and guess who was in front of me? Mum and Dad BC the licence stuck out like a sore thumb.

Don't tell me the plate was till the same? B***A?
Thought they (Ma and Pa) might had some contemplating time?
Plus any googling of B***A infers superiority over others. Plus more. (Never would have investigated same but for apparent attitudes here)
More :banghead: stuff.

Don't tell me the plate was till the same? B***A?
Thought they (Ma and Pa) might had some contemplating time?
Plus any googling of B***A infers superiority over others. Plus more. (Never would have investigated same but for apparent attitudes here)
More :banghead: stuff.

Yep same plate.

The same rules still apply folks....

IF you state something as fact then you need to supply a relevant link to back up that info. We still don't do rumours.

Hi everyone,
I'm back after 2 years of absence (but still lurking). I'm in Brisbane and will endeavour to get to the trial.

As a local of the area, I'm intrigued as to the bus stop connection at the roundabout that wasn't mentioned in the pre trial hearing. This was discussed at length by "Squizzey" who also lives in the area. What doesn't add up to me is if GBC is found to be guilty, why he drove through the Kenmore roundabout to get out to Mt Crosby. It would have been a way more sensible option to go out there via Rafting Ground Road. :face palm: Or was there a detour involved to Durness Street (NBC) in which it might make more sense?

Hopefully will find out more at the trial.

The Troops are gathering together .....
May quietness be not understood as subservience.
"Don’t ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance and my kindness for weakness."

the troops are gathering together .....
May quietness be not understood as subservience.
"don’t ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance and my kindness for weakness."

amen!

Bbm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members