Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I will be forgiven for my dreary focus on the money aspect of this hideous and calculated murder.. the fiscal nincompoopery was what intrigued me from the beginning.. it didn't take long for me to try and follow Gerards financial hornswoggles as far as it could go, given the inhibiting factor of subjudice and the reluctance of anyone connected to this case to actually lay out just how much Gerard had taken them for ,and how much he intended to take moving forward.. Even Allisons murder didn't stop Gerard 's chicanery in the matter of money, at ALL.. he barely paused for breath, really , before he was offloading Allisons property, claiming her insurance, etc..

In fact, Allison was still alive when he began checking up on her insurance..

Joycelyn Frost............ invested a huge sum in Gerards franchise..

Phillip Broom.. ditto.

Ben Bassingthwaite...... big bucks..

These took the exit , leaving their money behind.. it must have seemed a small price to pay for getting out of Gerard's ambience.. even so, they must have known Gerard had no possibility of buying them out, and no possibility of raising enough funds to buy them out in the foreseeable future, .... the fact that he did owe them money , unpayable , precluded him from getting any sort of legitimate loan whatsoever..

illegitimate loans.. a whole other matter....... plenty out there to find...

Nigel and Elaine............ ditto.

I don't know if Olivia and her husband did.. but the younger brother, Adam?? Adrian?? the one who lives in Canada did, he put in $10,000.00... he didn't get any of it back, according to the books, Nigel paid Adam this $10,000.00 and the loan of it was transferred to Nigels account..

The assorted people who gave Gerard Gentlemen's agreement loans.. a few of them were hit for $10,000.00 at various times..

The young brother of Gerard and Olivia seems to be the one and only person who ever got his original sum invested back. he didn't get a dividend or an interest payment, he did get his money returned, but his father had to pay it to him, and take on the loan to Gerard in addition.

OR Mr Flegg is protecting his own ar*e and trowing Ms heath under the bus -so to speak.

and that was another coincidence.. didn't Sue Heath blab about the phone, throwing Fleggy under the bus??

and hasn't Toni thrown Gerard under the bus?? ..

whoda thunk!!..

this case is full of weird and improbable stuff..

OR Mr Flegg is protecting his own ar*e and throwing Ms heath under the bus -so to speak.

I'm not saying Sue and Toni wanted to throw their charmless extras under the bus, someone leant on them , is what I'm saying, but they couldn't have been leant on if they didn't have some of their own ar*se hugely and unattractively exposed to some kind of Police heat..

I'm not saying Sue and Toni wanted to throw their charmless extras under the bus, someone leant on them , is what I'm saying, but they couldn't have been leant on if they didn't have some of their own ar*se hugely and unattractively exposed to some kind of Police heat..

Oh yes - I read that wrong.

nobody knows nothing.... sure..

thanks for that, Makara.. I had forgotten that Ms Heath gave a statement!. without your skills I'd still be floundering..

get a load of this little snippet.. ..

On the secret phone Sue provided to Gerard and , it appears, Nigel, . Nigel is moved to send a text message to Sue to pass on to Flegg, the parliamentary guru.....

What Nigel is complaining about, in a long text message is Nigel wants to know what Government help he can get.. or ,.. what Government help Flegg can get him.. or.. what can Flegg get him on the Government tab.. he says
'no Government agency has come offering help or support, or protection for Gerards house. ( Gerards rented house, Nigel must have known it was ) because Gerards house is now vacant...'

words fail me.

My suggestion is that MSM reports, that make conclusions, may not be very helpful to the prosecutor.

GBC may claim unable to get fair trial, seek a judge only trial maybe. If there is only circumstantial evidence adduced it may be difficult to prosecute. Let's hope they can put GBC phone on the kholo bridge in the wee hours. That just couldn't be explained!

nobody knows nothing.... sure..

thanks for that, Makara.. I had forgotten that Ms Heath gave a statement!. without your skills I'd still be floundering..

get a load of this little snippet.. ..

On the secret phone Sue provided to Gerard and , it appears, Nigel, . Nigel is moved to send a text message to Sue to pass on to Flegg, the parliamentary guru.....

What Nigel is complaining about, in a long text message is Nigel wants to know what Government help he can get.. or ,.. what Government help Flegg can get him.. or.. what can Flegg get him on the Government tab.. he says
'no Government agency has come offering help or support, or protection for Gerards house. ( Gerards rented house, Nigel must have known it was ) because Gerards house is now vacant...'

words fail me.

Not my skills Trooper. The affidavit's were a joint effort between a few of us.

I think SH was a little confused or she really slipped up there. IMO she was unaware that GBC's house was a rental. Of course NBC knew that, so why would he make that comment? Why was NBC so worried out GBC's (rented) house? Shouldn't he have been more worried about GBC?

Words don't fail me. I just can't say what I want to say. :banghead:

My suggestion is that MSM reports, that make conclusions, may not be very helpful to the prosecutor.

GBC may claim unable to get fair trial, seek a judge only trial maybe. If there is only circumstantial evidence adduced it may be difficult to prosecute. Let's hope they can put GBC phone on the kholo bridge in the wee hours. That just couldn't be explained!

Thanks BigT. I now understand what you mean.

I was just reading over a post from LadyBird at the link below and noted a mention of a white IPhone belonging to Bruce Flegg that was apparently loaned to GBC.

In a bizarre twist, the white Apple iPhone containing the recordings was also the same phone of Dr Flegg's which was lent to accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay.

The phone was given to Baden-Clay by the couple in April 2012 after police had seized his mobile as they investigated the disappearance of his wife, Alison.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #48

Now according to Sue Heath's statement:

29. The next day I remember seeing the purple IPhone on the bedside table in Bruce's bedroom at his residence. The phone sits in a clock charger. I am aware Bruce had allowed people to share this phone. He had previously given the mobile telephone to his son and his media advisor Graeme HALLETT....

30. I gave them the newspaper, coffee and the mobile telephone. I told Nigel BADEN-CLAY and Elaine BADEN-CLAY that the mobile telephone was a user pay 'Truphone' for him to use until he got his phone back. I worried about giving Gerard the mobile phone as I had not asked Bruce at the time.

Did GBC go to the trouble of changing the case of the mobile phone? A phone that wasn't his. Why would he do that? Vanity perhaps. He didn't want to be seen using a purple phone? Clashed with the mustard jacket? Or were there in fact two phones?

None of it makes any sense.

This phone was on the charger on Mr Fleggs bedside table.
But neither Ms Heath or Mr Flegg knew the password according to Ms Health she had to ring Mr Hallet for that.
So she is saying that Mr Flegg asked her to deliver the newspaper and she just decided to take the phone from the charger and deliver it with the newspaper.

Also, I have always thought the offer from Mr Flegg for GBC to stay in the self contained room was odd given he had three daughters and parents who lived close by.

I was just reading over a post from LadyBird at the link below and noted a mention of a white IPhone belonging to Bruce Flegg that was apparently loaned to GBC.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #48

Now according to Sue Heath's statement:

29. The next day I remember seeing the purple IPhone on the bedside table in Bruce's bedroom at his residence. The phone sits in a clock charger. I am aware Bruce had allowed people to share this phone. He had previously given the mobile telephone to his son and his media advisor Graeme HALLETT....

30. I gave them the newspaper, coffee and the mobile telephone. I told Nigel BADEN-CLAY and Elaine BADEN-CLAY that the mobile telephone was a user pay 'Truphone' for him to use until he got his phone back. I worried about giving Gerard the mobile phone as I had not asked Bruce at the time.

Did GBC go to the trouble of changing the case of the mobile phone? A phone that wasn't his. Why would he do that? Vanity perhaps. He didn't want to be seen using a purple phone? Clashed with the mustard jacket? Or were there in fact two phones?

None of it makes any sense.

292222-baden-clay-in-car.jpg

Is this the purple IPhone?

here is Sue Heath and Fleggy in an illicit relationship

Love your work, Trooper. One minor correction though - Fleggy was a free agent, so his relationship with Sue Heath wasn't really illicit. Fleggy and Mrs Fleggy had parted ways long before, I seem to recall.

But his involvement, before and/or after the murder, is one area in which I still have a lot of unanswered questions in my mind....

I'd say that would be it. Good sleuthing PrimeSuspect. I don't know how many times I've seen that image and I've never noted the colour of the phone! So what about the white IPhone mentioned in the article upthread? How does that come into play? Perhaps the journalist was mistaken about the colour of the phone, or as I said, there were two phones.

292222-baden-clay-in-car.jpg

Is this the purple IPhone?

Hi everyone :) Nice pick up on the purple phone! This 'Truphone' has me intrigued.

Source: www.truphone.com/au/

"All your important calls – on the record

Truphone Mobile Recording helps your business record, encrypt and store all your calls and SMS messages in and between countries, without affecting the user. That means you can record all your conversations while making sure that employees can still work effectively on the move".

Looking at pic above I couldn't help noticing the car model sticker on window at GBC's shoulder. IMO this wouldn't have been his first time in the back of a Lexus... except this one is white ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214