Alternate Theories

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I think the light bulb came on in RH's head when he had the conversation with LH around 4:00. Possibly, the reason he told his friends he'd be a little late for the movie was because he planned to stay at work until 5:00 due to his late arrival that morning. Then, something triggered his memory around 4:00--he ended up leaving very soon after he spoke with his wife. Maybe he said something to her then that gave her an idea that something bad had happened, and when she got to the day care and didn't find Cooper, she said the odd things she said. RH could have known when he got to his car that his baby was dead, but didn't want to have this whole scene unfold at his workplace. He might have decided to go home but wasn't able to cope anymore so he pulled over. Maybe LH wasn't acting like someone would act the first time they heard they're child was dead because she actually already knew after that phone call and had already endured the initial shock reaction.

Just one of many theories that roll around in my head--I still don't know how someone could accidentally leave their child in a car, but I am looking to grab something to help keep some faith in humanity...

I somewhat agree with your theory and believe something Leanna said around 4:00 triggered his memory. Everything points to Ross being lazy...too lazy to take his son to daycare. I believe he had left him in the car previously and Leanna knew it.

JMO

That comment alone proves it was premeditated to me. Who even says that?

This sounds about right.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/criminal-minds/201203/five-reasons-people-get-away-murder
"Even if they commit murder by accident, they are not the types of people who will seem agitated or sad. Rather, they think strategically, realizing that they must come up with a story quickly in order to divert attention away from themselves. They mislead police, stage crime scenes and destroy evidence. They don't want to get caught and will stop at nothing to avoid getting caught."

All posts are MOO

humm....interesting..... sounds like jh ( and a couple other criminals in crime cases I've followed).

Actually, I have several different theories about how everything played out. My first theory is not very popular (to say the least!), but here's another one.

RH had previously met up with at least one of his sexting partners; maybe on June 18, he had made plans to meet again (or with a different one) to have a "quickie" before the movie--and that's why he told his pals he would be a little late. He leaves work early to meet his babe, and when he goes to move the car seat so he could have more room in the back, that's when he discovered his son was still in the car. Imagine what it would be like to already be in a somewhat heightened state of excitement/anxiety due to a clandestine meeting, and then to discover what he had done? I would think his brain would be firing in all directions.

As I've said before, I'm not confident of the details presented by Det. Stoddard--omissions, probable misinterpretations, lack of answers to important questions, etc. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks RH hurt himself with LE with his behavior at the scene, and his use of profanity towards an officer. <modsnip>

LE sticks together, and these comments would definitely raise their hackles. IOW, maybe they wanted to make things as hard as possible for him from the get-go because they were not "appreciative" of someone speaking negatively about LE, especially someone with LE background. (They're supposed to stick together, right?)

And, with this type of comment, it could be that he had a lot of conversations about this sort of thing--what to do when picked up by a cop; i.e., not saying anything. This could very well have been the root of LH's "did you say too much" comment. Maybe it was a frequent topic of conversation in their circles--RH bragging about his knowledge and experience in handling LE.

Honestly, you never really know about the intentions of a cop.

Some theories on JRH's intent/motives: if JRH knowingly killed Cooper, motive may be as simple as he wanted a divorce and didn&#8217;t want to pay child support, so he punished his wife by killing his son and had extra-marital internet relations. Or maybe JRH thought Cooper was misbehaving so by leaving him in the car for a bit, &#8220;disciplined&#8221; Cooper or even for some twisted biblical &#8220;sacrifice&#8221;. Or maybe JRH has mental illness and mentally "snapped" so he doesn't remember parts of the day, doubt it though. Disturbing and tragic no matter what, but I don&#8217;t think people who do this on purpose have complicated reasoning for doing it necessarily. There are a few posts on this board that provide a good explanation of narcissists/psychopaths, some narcissists cannot be wrong or appear to be wrong or slighted; and they don&#8217;t appear calculating to most. Obviously, I don&#8217;t know if JRH has any mental/personality issues or did this intentionally, just speculation that it doesn&#8217;t have to be complicated or rational if he did it, or that people would recognize such defects. Rest in peace Cooper.

I've been thinking about LH and her possible involvement, wondering what thoughts she may have in her mind about Cooper being left in a hot car to die.

Was she a battered woman? Did JH flaunt his sexual escapades to her face? Did he call her fat, worthless, and unattractive? Did he compare her to the girls he was meeting on social media? LH has said nothing wrong about him, though. However, is the fact that she won't say anything wrong about her husband evidence that she was not allowed to criticize him or act as an equal in the relationship? Battered women quite often defend their husbands and "keep their place" and not criticize him. There is no way of really knowing if she was battered unless she comes forward or there are 911 call logs to substantiate this theory.

I can only speculate (and that's all this is, nothing more) that when JH was getting around to planning Cooper's murder, that she was a defeated woman who gave up on trying to keep her family together. It is very possible that LH figured out what JH was about to do and kept it a secret even from him and used it as a passive opportunity to cut all legal ties to JH in the event of a divorce.

I think that staging a hot car death was solely JH's idea perpetrated solely by JH himself, but it is possible that LH either didn't believe he would go through with it or saw it as a necessary evil to be truly free from a man who didn't respect her.

All of this is wild speculation and my own opinion and should not be taken seriously. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!