Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praise The Lord. You all matter so much with posting!!!!! Those woman were girls when taken. God bless them all !!!

Incredible!!! Just heard this on Greta. I am so happy for these girls and their families.

Anderson Cooper and correspondent: Arrested for DV in 1993 and Grand Jury failed to indict him. Hearing also that he got in trouble for bringing his school bus back to his house.

I would have thought keeping her on the line would have been standard practice considering she told the dispatcher she was afraid the man would come back? Is it not important to get as much information as possible in that call or is it just a way of getting the police to you asap? I'm not sure as I've mainly heard UK calls rather than US ones so sorry if thats an obvious question!

It is the way I normally operate, I am sending police while I am talking to you and relaying any additional information I get to the officers as you would be telling me. Just because I am on the phone with a person, doesn't mean that I am not getting you the fastest help possible!! I know it is easy to second guess her actions, but I have had enough dealings with their dispatchers to know how they "operate", unfortunately! Dispatching is an art form sometimes combining the art of carrying on multiple conversations at once through phone, radios, etc I often wish for another pair of hands to help me use all my required equipment!!

Wow, no kidding that 911 operator sucks. Way to completely fail at the most important moment of your career. You keep that girl on the phone until the police arrive!!!! How hard is that? Why is she in such a hurry to get off the phone?

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Is that the full recording of her call? She wasn't asked if she was hurt or if there were other people in danger or anything. I'm really angry about it!

This article here has more info from neighbors and acquaintances, and also has a 911 call made. It is a shorter, different one than the other one I heard with Berry's voice on it. It's got lots of swearing, its not redacted. be warned.
You have to scroll way down to see the little audio player of the 911 call.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/tv_station_reports_berry_dejes.html

I also think the call could have been handled better, and he should have stayed on the line until officers arrived. I am certain that this dispatcher in retrospect will be kicking himself in the butt, no harm no foul, and hopefully he may learn to do his job better for the future out of this.
Out of everything I could critique I felt was handled wrongly in the call, the thing that struck me the oddest is he would not stay on the line. When I dispatched during a call such as this we were taught to stay on the line in case something went wrong while the officers were in route, sometimes sadly we are the only witness to what transpires during that waiting time. IMHO

That operator didn't give a rat's arse! Same as the operator that handled the call regarding Susan Cox's husband and her sons. Sickening!

That is EXACTLY what I thought.

For anyone local, if you hear of a way to help these ladies, or the rescuer, can you please post? If it doesn't violate TOS, of course. I'm sure they need help starting life on the outside. Or maybe something nice can be done for the man who saved them.

TIA :seeya:

Wow. Amazing.
I hope more people who are stuck in similar situations manage to escape.
I cannot even imagine.

CNN is reporting Castro has a grown daughter who would sometimes come over with her kids.

He must have kept his captives in a sound-proof space, especially since there was a little child who as a baby would cry like any normal baby. A baby isn't going to stop crying just because the guy has company. Chilling what their living conditions must have been.

Amanda Berry's aunt on CNN phone line. She is so happy! oxox

Aunt is saying that a phone call came in from Amanda's cell that was traced to Clark Avenue. She was very close to her home at the time of the call, about 1 mile away at the time. The call was from when she first went missing.

How was the perp found and arrested? Did he just show up or what?

It appears that there was never a missing person's report filed on Michelle and thats why there is no info available on her! On another note, I thought the dispatcher was a little too gruff in her manner on the 911 call, but that, sadly is typical Cleveland Dispatching. I am a dispatcher for a Cleveland suburb and hope I would never treat someone that way!! I also normally keep someone on the line until the officers get there in case the situation escalates or changes!!

I only heard the 911 call but to me he sounded panicked himself. He must have realized who he was talking to and was trying to get as much information as he could in case they got disconnected and also by the way Amanda was carrying on (can't blame her for being hysterical), he may have had a hard time understanding what she was saying. JMO

What a MIRACLE! And what hope it gives to families of the missing! I've been chatting online with Kathy Nale, mother of Jennifer Wix, and she is very excited for these families! I imagine all families of the missing are rejoicing for these girls and the HOPE they bring!!!

May more of these cases end with our missing being found ALIVE!

I don't even know what else to say, I AM SO HAPPY!

WOW this just broke in Buffalo! Crazy! This is my hubbys old neighborhood! This guy was a school bus driver? Holy cow! Never give up hope for the missing!!!

Wow!!! Unbelievable so happy for the families involved.

And IA, 911 operator didn't seem very compassionate, and I was shocked she didn't stay on the line until police arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette