Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm not as familiar as I thought with court processing. He will go back at a later date to ' enter a plea' ?

Could conceivably get murder charges if there were deaths of infants. This investigation is just beginning.

watching cnn live...
ariel can not be charged for kidnapping if it turns out the 6 year old is his biological child.

watching live on cnn...

airel castro bond was set at 2 million dollars per charge.

my math says bond is 14 million. ( 4 kidnap, 3 rape)

That's exactly what I was thinking...they keep saying 3 or 4 cases...I am thinking 7 charges in total. Either way, he isn't going anywhere!!

What happened to him making a plea???

I can't even imagine what is going through his brothers' minds at this moment...they've also been sober for 4 days now!! I wonder if they knew anything about this!! I am thinking not. If they were involved whatsoever the girls would have let detectives know.

watching live on cnn...

airel castro bond was set at 2 million dollars per case.

cnn reporter saying "per case" means per person. since there are 4 people affected. bond is 8 million. they were guessing...

I think I hear the prosecutor earlier this morning say these are initial charges and surely more will come. Because I was thinking 3 rapes? I know in long term cases like this in the past they may say 1 per week per each girl , and that would be 1000 or 1200 cases of rape, which is a logistical nightmare for the courts of course, so they would like not charge on each count. I don't know how they do it, can they bundle ? Say rape x 500 ? Or would they have to file 500 individual cases for rape ? Either way this is the tip of the iceberg for his charges. Also it sounds like he could have many assault charges plus murder of the fetuses :(

Even though the bond is so high I am sort of ticked that any bond amount was given....it should have been NO Bond...imo

Could conceivably get murder charges if there were deaths of infants. This investigation is just beginning.

Yes, but they would need to find physical evidence of dead fetuses, and appears they didn't find anything so far.

A lot of investigation is still being done, there are now over 200 bags of evidence. The grand jury will go over everything and may bring new charges. They want this case to be airtight.

watching cnn live...
ariel can not be charged for kidnapping if it turns out the 6 year old is his biological child.

Who said that? He still kept her against her mother's will, even if she was his bio child.

watching cnn live...

really? I missed that, crazy -so he can't be charged for kidnapping his child, product of rape, born in the house?

Yes, but they would need to find physical evidence of dead fetuses, and appears they didn't find anything so far.

So far. This just started 2 days ago, they still have a lot more to investigate. There are many witnesses, neighbors, friends, family etc. to question. They also haven't spent a great deal of time questioning the victims so far, they're trying to give them some space to adapt. There will likely be many more interviews with them in the future.

Actually maybe not. Those girls can be examined by a dr who can determine if they've ever been pregnant. Without a live child to show for that pregnancy, then it's feasible there could be a charge? I'm speculating but I don't see why not. Honestly with a MOUNTAIN of evidence that he kidnapped and raped, it would be a waste of time and resource for the DA to go after other charges that would take a lot of finding evidence. And the least tampering with the girls possible is the best.

As for the brothers, I wonder if one of the girls may have said something that actually helped clear the brothers , something like " AC told us to be quiet when his brothers were here because they did not know'' .

That's exactly what I was thinking...they keep saying 3 or 4 cases...I am thinking 7 charges in total. Either way, he isn't going anywhere!!

What happened to him making a plea???

I can't even imagine what is going through his brothers' minds at this moment...they've also been sober for 4 days now!! I wonder if they knew anything about this!! I am thinking not. If they were involved whatsoever the girls would have let detectives know.

bbm...I agree. The brothers are now vindicated.

It also disgusted me that AC had the nerve to try and hide his face the whole time...holding his shirt up between his teeth. Such a lowlife....take it like a man!

Actually maybe not. Those girls can be examined by a dr who can determine if they've ever been pregnant. Without a live child to show for that pregnancy, then it's feasible there could be a charge? ...

No, because that wouldn't prove anything specifically.

Michelle is one month older than my daughter. I brought my DD up well, gave her tons of advice about 'men' and she still accepted a ride with a truck driver. How did I find out? The truck driver called me from 2 states away telling me how lucky my DD was that he was the one that gave her a ride. She was 18 at the time, a tree-sitter, environmental activist, etc. Free as a bird. Invincible. She wasn't abducted, but she could have been. Age has given her wisdom.

All three accepted a ride from a monster. What's to be done?

Right. Don't blame the parents. My parents taught me well but I still tried hitchhiking. I was only 14 (yikes!) and I tried it in the city I lived in. Like your daughter, I was lucky. An old cab driver stopped to pick me up, I told him I would not get in as I was looking for a free ride. He insisted I get in and said he would not be charging me. He gave me the ride and lectured me the entire ride about the danger I was putting myself in and how lucky I was that it was him that picked me up. He said he has granddaughters my age and he didn't want me to be picked up by anybody dangerous. I never hitchhiked again after his lecture. I was a pretty rebellious teen and my parents had told me all of that too but I went ahead and tried it anyway. That old man made an impression.

cnn live...

ariel case will go in front of a grand jury. ariel will have a new attorney for the grand jury.

perdro - plead no contest to open container. - don't know the outcome.

onil - attorney asked for and received a dismissal on his two misdemeanor charges. open container charge and another one I can't remember.

bbm...I agree. The brothers are now vindicated.

I wonder if when they arrested AC he claimed his brothers helped him, to try to lessen his load a bit ? I mean, I wonder what drove them to pick up the brothers at all, haste , hysteria ? That's possible. He just seems the sort who may have said, it wasn't me, it was my brother and after talking to them all, he gets the blame where it should be !

The one brother Onil, I saw a really happy near smile on his face when he got before the judge. I'm sure both of them have been scared to death . I'm glad they're free to go back to drinking at their mama's house. LOL

This might be a daft question but I have no idea. Is it a serious crime to not declare the birth of a child, born in the home, no birth certificate, no schooling, no medical care?

I wonder if when they arrested AC he claimed his brothers helped him, to try to lessen his load a bit ? I mean, I wonder what drove them to pick up the brothers at all, haste , hysteria ? That's possible. He just seems the sort who may have said, it wasn't me, it was my brother and after talking to them all, he gets the blame where it should be !

I was thinking that exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members