Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if when they arrested AC he claimed his brothers helped him, to try to lessen his load a bit ? I mean, I wonder what drove them to pick up the brothers at all, haste , hysteria ? That's possible. He just seems the sort who may have said, it wasn't me, it was my brother and after talking to them all, he gets the blame where it should be !

No,doesn't appear anybody implicated the brothers.

Grand jury testimony will take 1 week to 10 days. Not sure about change of venue, but will be difficult since the case has had such huge publicity. Former prosecutor (Ian Freidman) expert thinks there will be more charges brought by grand jury.

Ian Freidman: Need more facts to pursue death penalty. If he is convicted on current charges and receives max sentence, he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

I hope they have this twisted monster on suicide watch considering his supposed suicide note. I know it would save money and grief but suicide is too much of an easy way out for him!

I was also thinking of the daughter and how she was allowed to survive considering Michele was forced to abort. Could it be that AC knew that Amanda would someday get free? Maybe Amanda stood up to him in the beginning? Maybe he forced her to carry the baby to term so he had leverage over Amanda plus she would always be forced to remember him if she did escape? After hearing about their "anniversary" cakes I wouldn't put anything past this jerk. He sounds like a pompous you-know-what.

I wonder if in his mind each girl represented something? Michele appears to have absorbed the most brutality - maybe he used her as a replacement for his ex wife. Amanda could have been his "ideal" wife. Weren't there reports that her mother received a phone call from a man claiming that Amanda was now his wife and the call came from Amanda's cell phone? Gina could have been a replacement daughter and that might explain why he never impregnated her.

No, because that wouldn't prove anything specifically.

We know that Michelle had given birth prior to abduction and Amanda whilst she was captive. Any signs of pregnancy could be attributed to that. There's no way to determine it by examining the girls.

This might be a daft question but I have no idea. Is it a serious crime to not declare the birth of a child, born in the home, no birth certificate, no schooling, no medical care?

I have no idea if that is a serious crime on it's own but it darn well better be a serious crime when the reason for not registering the birth, etc is that you raped a female you you are holding hostage to have that child.

Oh ugh. This is not the most sick and gruesome of the things that went on I am sure, but it's got to be one of the most CRUEL ! Sorry if it's been listed upstream .

'' Castro gave the women cake to celebrate 'abduction day''
Each year on the day he had nabbed them — each accepted his offer of a ride home — Castro would serve a special dinner and a cake, the cousin said. "He would celebrate their abduction day as their new birthday."

http://news.yahoo.com/7-horrifying-details-cleveland-abduction-police-report-070500501.html

We know that Michelle had given birth prior to abduction and Amanda whilst she was captive. Any signs of pregnancy could be attributed to that. There's no way to determine it by examining the girls.

Yes ,I forgot. Thankyou :)

FYI: Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2903.01 et seq. (2002) define aggravated murder, murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, negligent homicide, aggravated vehicular homicide, aggravated vehicular assault, felonious assault, aggravated assault, assault and negligent assault. The law applies to a person, which includes an "unborn member of the species *advertiser censored* sapiens, who is or was carried in the womb of another."

Our local news says Michelle Knight has some family waiting. Her grandmother and some other family (cousins). They want her home before Mother's Day.

Gosh I have so many thoughts on this after finally catching up again!! Let's see if I can remember it all now...

It seems that AC needed complete control and people in the area had said, he worked the neighborhood and got everyone to like him, though in the last few years he was more reclusive.
The way men like him control women is to 'break' them, to constantly abuse them emotionally, physically and financially.

He abused them emotionally by way of making them a cake and dinner on their anniversaries (sick f$&k). He threatened to kill them, he apparently made Amanda watch TV footage of her mothers death (according to early MSM reports) and no doubt made them watch footage of the searches for them. imagine all of the taunts over the years, as he got information of out of them or from families and turned it around on them.
Remembering that he also went to the vigils etc, imagine what he came back and told them... So horrific...
Even allowing Amanda to have the baby was a way of abusing Michele.

He abused them physically. Michele is so severely injured from her repeated beatings that her hearing is damaged and her face has 'structural' damage (I detest that phrase). Michele was also beaten to induce miscarriages.
Given his reported history of an abusive past, we can only imagine how far this abuse went and what the others endured.

He abused them financially because they were completely and utterly reliant on him for EVERYTHING! Food, water, clothing, medicine, personal hygiene products etc etc. he no doubt enjoyed this power as much as any of it because it reminded him and them that he had ultimate control.

I wonder if Michelle being older wasn't what AC was actually after, if she is infact only 4'7" she would look younger and maybe from the get go he resented that, maybe he felt like he'd been tricked? This could explain her treatment? As of course could many other scenarios...

I, like others believe that Amanda was a clear favourite. Who knows why? Maybe for the same reasons that some people click with some and not others? Maybe he'd been a regular at Burger King and was fond of her, or maybe she is just a sweet girl that caught his perverted eye? Amanda seemed to be able to handle him and I'd guess that having a child gave her the will to push on and get through it for her daughters sake. Becoming a Mum changes you in so many ways! Something that AC would never understand. I don't doubt that she was still abused severely.

We don't seem to know much about Gina's ordeal, other than she didn't appear to become pregnant, though could have had early miscarriages that were missed. I think maybe he was just indifferent to Gina, she was neither here nor there.

As far as his suicide note went, I read that it was a couple of years old. Regardless of the truth in that, I think that one day he wanted it known what he'd done, he wanted that notoriety that would come with it. I feel that he left it there as a back up plan that if one day he was away from the house and found out that he'd been caught out, he could take the cowardly way out and still have the last word. He may also have used it as a taunt to the girls, another way of installing fear. Who would feed or free them if he were dead, how long till someone found him?

My heart goes out to the girls, all three of them have been hurt in ways that we could never imagine possible. They shared a journey, but then that journey was so different for each of them, their traumas and the way they dealt with them were so different.

I just hope that they can continue to support each other as they have for the past 10 or so years and that their families and communities band together to be all that they need to be for these extraordinary young ladies!

Oh I also had another thought about Amanda and the jewellery she was wearing at the hospital, and her daughter too. I'm wondering if these were gifts from AC? If he did infact delude himself to see Amanda as his girlfriend he might have bought her things. He may also have done that for the others? Or only Amanda as a way to downgrade the other women...

Sorry for the essay!

I am just catching up again and was about to type out my thoughts when I read your "essay"........you have put down just about exactly what I have been thinking.

I feel very sorry for all of them, and I too hope they go on to write books/get paid for interviews/articles etc and have nice homes etc.....it will never make up for the ordeal they have been through nor the torment in their minds, but these girls deserve to live nicely now.

I feel particularly sorry for Michelle, and I also think she was his scapegoat. A few of us have mentioned that Amanda was savvy and smart with her dealings with Ariel. She was definitely the favourite and I think he was probably in love with her and considered her his girlfriend and the little girl their child together. This is very smart of Amanda and I am sure she was thinking of her daughter at all times.

cnn live...

ariel case will go in front of a grand jury. ariel will have a new attorney for the grand jury.

perdro - plead no contest to open container. - don't know the outcome.

onil - attorney asked for and received a dismissal on his two misdemeanor charges. open container charge and another one I can't remember.

Pedro got $100 fine and time served.

I hope they have this twisted monster on suicide watch considering his supposed suicide note. I know it would save money and grief but suicide is too much of an easy way out for him!

I was also thinking of the daughter and how she was allowed to survive considering Michele was forced to abort. Could it be that AC knew that Amanda would someday get free? Maybe Amanda stood up to him in the beginning? Maybe he forced her to carry the baby to term so he had leverage over Amanda plus she would always be forced to remember him if she did escape? After hearing about their "anniversary" cakes I wouldn't put anything past this jerk. He sounds like a pompous you-know-what.

I wonder if in his mind each girl represented something? Michele appears to have absorbed the most brutality - maybe he used her as a replacement for his ex wife. Amanda could have been his "ideal" wife. Weren't there reports that her mother received a phone call from a man claiming that Amanda was now his wife and the call came from Amanda's cell phone? Gina could have been a replacement daughter and that might explain why he never impregnated her.

I believe he did rape Gina though, so if he did not use protection then it would be just luck that she did not get pregnant. I say luck because of what he did to Michelle when she became pregnant and although Amanda and her family will always love her daughter, nobody would hope to become pregnant by their rapist. I know I had unprotected sex for 6 years before actually becoming pregnant.

I feel very sad for AC's actual adult daughter. I wonder about looking into details of her trial. I wish she had been able to escape him. I don't mean to minimize the horror of the cleveland 3, but his daughter was victimized likely her whole life, possibly from infancy in some form or another. I wonder if any time during her trial, when asked WHY , if she mentioned her father and fearing he would abuse the baby . So many lives ruined. As much as I want to see the law thrown at him hard, I wish I could see his punishment in the next phase, after life. Ouch, that's gonna hurt !

I feel very sad for AC's actual adult daughter. I wonder about looking into details of her trial. I wish she had been able to escape him. I don't mean to minimize the horror of the cleveland 3, but his daughter was victimized likely her whole life, possibly from infancy in some form or another. I wonder if any time during her trial, when asked WHY , if she mentioned her father and fearing he would abuse the baby . So many lives ruined. As much as I want to see the law thrown at him hard, I wish I could see his punishment in the next phase, after life. Ouch, that's gonna hurt !

His daughter wasn't living with her father, she was in another state living with her boyfriend. AC actually has 3 adult daughters.

All of his kids will have had a terrible time in life because of him. I hope they can try to turn it around for the next generation of their family. But they must be very, very messed up.

His daughter wasn't living with her father, she was in another state living with her boyfriend. AC actually has 3 adult daughters.

But she did when she was a little girl yes? In her ' formative' years . ?

exactly, a whole life time of terrible abuse is going to make an impact on your adult behavior. The girl is obviously messed up.
And while the mother was also a victim, and did eventually move away she may also have been damaged and isnt going to be a prefect role model either.

Trying to kill you daughter is wrong, but yes, she may have had mental issues that were made much worse by her parents.

So? If we started excusing people because they had a hard childhood, our prisons would go empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000